Author Topic: Bestem saddlebag liners  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Malay

• Bicycle
  • Welcome to the COG Forum!
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 10699
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Bestem saddlebag liners
« on: March 11, 2013, 01:06:25 am »
Has anyone used these saddlebag liners? There are regular and wide versions on ebay. Opinions? Thanks.

Offline CIG4R

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10493
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Re: Bestem saddlebag liners
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 03:36:40 am »
I have the Bestem bags, besides eBay they have a website too.
No issues at all with the bags, have used them for more than 30 days of travel time since buying them.

Offline AirMonger

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 10838
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 01:00:57 am »
Bought them for my K-bike luggage, kept them when I sold it. They work flawlessly in my 02 Wing. I am thinking about getting a set for the C10. Great quality and workmanship, a very good value.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:16:07 pm by AirMonger »
"It usually takes 20 years before people begin to appreciate a good design." Kevin Cameron

Offline notsluggo

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 10187
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 02:16:16 am »
I have a set for my C14 - haven't used them yet, but I'm very impressed with their construction and design.
Ride safe(r).
- notsluggo
2011 Concours 14 - The Silver Bullet!
2014 KLR650 - Kelly
Parker, CO

Offline BB

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 01:25:17 pm »
Reviving this thread from the dead.

I purchased a new set of Bestem liners for the ZG1000, as listed by manufacturer. I called them and ordered one regular size and a large liner. Received the liners this weekend and I have a silly question: are these liners supposed to fit INSIDE the stock Concour C10 saddlebags?

The regular size barely fits in the saddlebags and the large one not even remotely. I am not sure whether I received the wrong product, or if my saddlebags are smaller than stock. Or perhaps these liners are not supposed to fit inside the saddlebags, which sounds absurd to me but who knows.

Here are some photos:

Could someone with experience with these bags let me know what is going on before I call Bestem back?

Thanks in advance!
Road Traveler
* 1999 Kawasaki ZG1000
* 2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R {For Sale}
* 1999 Suzuki TL1000S {For Sale}

Offline JPD

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 12064
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 06:50:29 pm »
I have started using a Pack-It System Eagle Creek travel gear garment folder. I have the Medium size 12" x 18". It fits in the outer section of the c-10 bag as if it was made for it. available on Amazon for about $25.00 It is not water proof but my bags have never leaked. I then use 1 gal. to 3gal. Ziploc bags or dry bags from Walmart to fit all the sections of the inner section of the bag.
The Eagle creek will hold at least 3 days of shirts socks underwear bathing suite and shorts for after riding. The dirty items get moved to the back of the plastic panel that stiffens it Fill it as full as you can and stick it in the saddle bag. The plastic panel fits the bag and keeps it in place while you add things to the inner section.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 07:04:01 pm by JPD, Reason: added the size »

Offline BB

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 01:07:09 am »
So I reached out to Bestem asking whether I have received the right liners and this was their response:

"Unfortunately it does look like you received the correct bags on the order.  But unfortunately we have not seen this issue before and I do not see that we have any other style bags for this model.  So if you would like we can have the order returned for a refund but please let us know how you would like to proceed so we will know how to best help out. "

I am not sure how I am the first to realize the liners do not fit in the saddlebags! Well, I think I will return the Bestem and find another solution.

I have started using a Pack-It System Eagle Creek travel gear garment folder. I have the Medium size 12" x 18". It fits in the outer section of the c-10 bag as if it was made for it.

JPD, could you link me to the bags you are referring to? I came across a list of Eagle Creek but nothing on 12"x18" and I take your word they fit the saddlebags.

Thanks in advance!
Road Traveler
* 1999 Kawasaki ZG1000
* 2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R {For Sale}
* 1999 Suzuki TL1000S {For Sale}

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12127
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 03:04:08 am »
I have a set for my C14 - haven't used them yet, but I'm very impressed with their construction and design.
[/quot

Hope you have better luck then I did.  Used them on one trip and both bags the zippers screwed up!

Offline JPD

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 12064
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 04:31:29 am »
I did a search for eagle creek pack it medium folder on Amazon. There are several listed. In the text for the medium it's listed as 12" x 18"

I'm not sure how to add a link.

I talked to my wife after I had posted, she said we can get 6 set of shirts, sox, underwear. Extra riding pants get packed in ziploc
bags We do laundry about every 5th day. The hard bag's come into the room with us.

Offline Bob_C_CT

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 9544
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 11:27:40 am »
Those are stock side cases. I have Cee Bailey bags and none of them are made to fit the abstract geometry of the inner half of the cases.
I use the multi ziplock bag approach and flatten all the air out of them and can fit 3 days of clothing for a two-up weekend easily.
97 C10,ZRX Front, Meanstreak rim