Author Topic: Factory Backrest for a 2002 concours  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Warren

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Factory Backrest for a 2002 concours
« on: May 11, 2013, 11:41:35 am »
Hi there -
I'm looking to purchase a factory backrest for my concours 2002.  I have been up on the Kawasaki parts site and can't seem to find it. Was it made by a specific aftermarket company? 

Thanks
worn

Offline Outback Jon

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 9506
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Factory Backrest for a 2002 concours
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 11:58:34 am »
Hi there -
I'm looking to purchase a factory backrest for my concours 2002.  I have been up on the Kawasaki parts site and can't seem to find it. Was it made by a specific aftermarket company? 
Kawasaki has probably discontinued it at this point.  They can be found from time to time on Ebay, but you need both the backrest and the mount.  The mount clamps onto the passenger grab handles. 
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157 
2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited - "Outback's Outback"

Offline mr t

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 7173
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 12:21:56 pm »
Warren-- I have a factory backrest in like new condition. It was on my bike for about 2 months and then I put a Givi top box on the bike.

I paid a bit over $200 for it and I'll take $125 plus shipping. Where are you located in the NE? Perhaps we could meet somewhere.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Offline Mettler1

• Iron Butt
  • You want answers? We got answers!!
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 1431
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 12:47:56 pm »
Hi there -

Thanks
worn

You mean one like this??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Concours

Don't have one for sale but just to clarify the part.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:28:45 pm by Mettler1 »
'94 Concours 115,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,SiSF'sTorque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators, SiSF carb Spa, Delkevic exhaust, Murphs' knee savers +grips, etc

Offline Larryboy

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 11015
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 04:27:39 pm »
I was able to find this:

http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemcatalogs/c/kawasaki_motorcycle_supersport_touring_2004_concours/kawasaki_accessories-seats_backrests

When looking for Kawasaki OEM parts I clicked on "accessories" and you just get the schematic for the bags.  I found a separate tab for "Kawasaki Accessories" and then clicked on "seats and back rests".

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 10807
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 06:22:53 am »
Just ordered factory backrest and mount for my 2006 from Babbit. Should be here next week. Cost was 189.00 with shipping.
If you don't have time to do it right, when do you have time to do it over.                                                                17" wheels, Nissin 4 piston calipers.1kg Sonic Springs.Cartridge Fork Emulators. KB Brace. Galfer brake lines  Free power mod.

Offline Alekkas

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 10513
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 11:46:01 pm »
I was able to find this:

http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemcatalogs/c/kawasaki_motorcycle_supersport_touring_2004_concours/kawasaki_accessories-seats_backrests

When looking for Kawasaki OEM parts I clicked on "accessories" and you just get the schematic for the bags.  I found a separate tab for "Kawasaki Accessories" and then clicked on "seats and back rests".

Wow.  Great site.  Doesn't replace Murphs - but some cool stuff there ...
Seagiant needs to post more!
'08 C14 / PGR  / IBA
Some ride reports:
http://leroylanes.blogspot.com/
On two wheels: