Author Topic: Free Shipping from Delkevic exhaust  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Wayniac

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10554
  • Membership Level: Active
Free Shipping from Delkevic exhaust
« on: May 18, 2015, 05:55:20 pm »
I received an email from them today about this deal. I have a Delkevic already and for the price it can't be beat.

http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_5609_6052&categorystring=Motorcycles-Kawasaki-1986%20Models

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 10807
Re: Free Shipping from Delkevic exhaust
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 05:58:46 pm »
I just put 13" tri ovals on my 06. Very pleased. $359
If you don't have time to do it right, when do you have time to do it over.                                                                17" wheels, Nissin 4 piston calipers.1kg Sonic Springs.Cartridge Fork Emulators. KB Brace. Galfer brake lines  Free power mod.

Offline Solomookie

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 11738
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 10:35:01 am »
You're right about the value, Wayne...  Delkevics are great.  But those are their standard prices and they always have free shipping; so I'm thinking they were just doing some "stir the pot" marketing.

I was lucky; I decided on getting Delkevics in October, which isn't exactly middle of the riding season here in PA.  The customer service rep clued me to the fact that they always have a 10% off sale on Black Friday, so I waited 7 weeks and got mine for $323.  I got the 18" ovals, and I am completely happy with them.
'98 Connie x 2, farkle expenditures nearing the GNP of Bolivia; it's a sickness.

Offline oldsmoboat

• Road Bike
  • 2004 C10
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 11969
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 03:16:31 pm »
I am curious what you guys are "pleased" and "happy" about?
Sound better, look better, more performance, etc?
Thanks.

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 03:46:51 pm »
All the above.I feel like a kid at Christmas every time I ride. With 17 inch wheels,  4 piston brakes, and Delkevics,  who needs a C14.
If you don't have time to do it right, when do you have time to do it over.                                                                17" wheels, Nissin 4 piston calipers.1kg Sonic Springs.Cartridge Fork Emulators. KB Brace. Galfer brake lines  Free power mod.

Offline Solomookie

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 11738
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 04:10:58 pm »
Sound better, look better, more performance, etc?

It is a combination of all three, although I have to admit that the improved performance might be somewhat subjective and based on how much better the Delkevics sound.  They have a deeper, fuller voice than stock.  I know my cycle is now running great; whether the Delkevics are partly responsible is open to debate.  With my original mufflers being 17 years old, obviously the brand new pipes look better on my bike.  But in my opinion, even put up against a brand new set of stock mufflers, the Delkevics are better looking.

So, like Lead Foot said..  "All of the above".
'98 Connie x 2, farkle expenditures nearing the GNP of Bolivia; it's a sickness.

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 04:29:42 am »
Delkevic 13" tri ovals

Offline Jim Snyder

• Crotch Rocket
  • Oops, my Connie turned into an FJR !!!
  • COG#: 7055
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 11:52:21 pm »
Dang if I didn't already own three Delkevics already I would order one. Best value in motorcycle mufflers in years. I don't know how some other companies can charge $600 to $800 for a single can. My Delkevics sound awesome.
"Some days you're the windshield, and some days you're the bug" Get used to it cause thats life !!!

Offline tdbru

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 10824
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 03:24:37 am »
what is the weight difference between stock mufflers and Delkevic cans? 
thanks,
Brian

Offline Flat-spot

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 11111
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 07:30:53 am »
thanks,
Brian

Depends on the model, size, and whether it's stainless or carbon fiber.  The weight is listed for all models here.http://www.delkevic.us  Now you just need the weight of the stockers to find the difference.  Sorry, didn't mean to create research and math exercises for ya. ;D   But yes, they're lighter.
'08 C14
There is no such thing as too much ammo, unless you are on fire or trying to swim.

Offline robertv

• Street Cruiser
  • Go Hawks!
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 01:18:23 pm »
So no improved performance?  For the size, what the advantages between a 13" to the 18" models?

2008 C14, silver [current]
2000 C10, red [sold]

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 01:55:05 pm »
robertv- it certainly feels like they improve the performance ! That being said, without swapping out the mufflers and throwing the bike on a dyno for a comparison I would only be speculating. Most seat of the pants improvements imho mean a fattening of the torque "under the curve" just like the free power mod.I would buy these mufflers again.

Offline robertv

• Street Cruiser
  • Go Hawks!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 01:36:23 am »
Thanks Pbfoot. Found some other threads on Delkevics and will be my next farkle addition if you can call it that.  :motonoises:

2008 C14, silver [current]
2000 C10, red [sold]

Offline Bigfoot_16

• Crotch Rocket
  • I prefer bikes with more horsepower than noise.
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 02:18:26 am »
Sure you can call it that. From the Urban Dictionary:
Farkle - Fancy Accessory Really Kool Likely Expensive. :)
Jim

2015 Concours 14

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul. Steve's ECU flash stirs the soul!

Offline RodWpg

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 02:24:39 am »
makes a nice vroomy noise  :motonoises:
2003 concours winnipeg manitoba canada

Offline Jim Snyder

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2015, 03:40:25 am »
thanks,
Brian

The Delkevics weigh about half of what a stocker does.
"Some days you're the windshield, and some days you're the bug" Get used to it cause thats life !!!

Offline Jim Snyder

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2015, 03:45:09 am »
So no improved performance?  For the size, what the advantages between a 13" to the 18" models?

Yes they do improve performance plus the weight reduction is a factor also. And they sound awesome. The 18" are a little quieter than the smaller ones.

Offline mattchewn

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 10993
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2015, 10:09:30 am »
On a C14 the Delks  will save you close to 15 lbs. Not sure on a C10.
Mat
2018 H2 SXSE.  (FAT SXSE)
2011 GSX1250 FA
2009 Ninja 500R. (wifes')
2001 Bandit 650  (kids')

Offline tdbru

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 10824
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 03:35:51 am »
well, I weighed the factory cans today.  rhs is 10 1/4 lb.  lhs was 11.  that's >21 lbs of just mufflers.  has anyone tried the Delkevic DL10 stubby 14" carbon fiber unit.  Delkevic claims 3 1/3 pound per muffler.  however it also ships with midpipes too, which are required.  so if I guess 4 lbs. each installed that's still saving ~13 lbs.  just curious how LOUD or not these particular Delkevic's are as I like the looks of them.  I guess all the HD guys that run around with straight pipes have kind of turned me off of a loud bike.  would be nice (to my neighbors anyway) if they were no louder than stock, or not much louder than stock.  how well does Delkevic last?  do they rust out down the road?
thanks,
Brian

Offline Jim Snyder

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 03:53:18 am »
well, I weighed the factory cans today.  rhs is 10 1/4 lb.  lhs was 11.  that's >21 lbs of just mufflers.  has anyone tried the Delkevic DL10 stubby 14" carbon fiber unit.  Delkevic claims 3 1/3 pound per muffler.  however it also ships with midpipes too, which are required.  so if I guess 4 lbs. each installed that's still saving ~13 lbs.  just curious how LOUD or not these particular Delkevic's are as I like the looks of them.  I guess all the HD guys that run around with straight pipes have kind of turned me off of a loud bike.  would be nice (to my neighbors anyway) if they were no louder than stock, or not much louder than stock.  how well does Delkevic last?  do they rust out down the road?
thanks,
Brian

I have been running my Delkevics for more than 5 years and they look just as good as they did new. No issues whatsoever. And if you didn't catch my post a few months ago about my pot scrubber baffle idea, they can be toned down. But with the stock baffle (unmodified) they are very quiet.

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2015, 03:54:41 am »
The 13 inch tri ovals are much louder than stock and a step up in loudness from the bafflectomy. May not be for everyone.

Offline GF-in-CA

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 04:07:04 am »
I have the 18" ovals with baffles, and they are louder than stock, so I'm guessing the 14" cans would be fairly loud.
Gary F.

1998 ZGX1100
Central Valley California

Offline oldsmoboat

• Road Bike
  • 2004 C10
  • COG#: 11969
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2015, 02:01:50 pm »
It's a shame that they don't show the decibel ratings of stock vs their products.  I like the fact that my bike doesn't irritate the neighbors idling in the driveway at 6 AM.  Unlike the Harley a couple of houses down that bothers everyone.

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2015, 02:18:33 pm »
They are not life saving loud. Lol

Offline Jim Snyder

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 01:40:24 am »
Its like I said earlier, leave the baffle stock and add a couple of stainless steel pot scrubbers ahead of the baffle and the sound is sweet !!!