Author Topic: Installation of Trunk/Top Box on a ZG1000  (Read 391 times)

Offline Dave

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Installation of Trunk/Top Box on a ZG1000
« on: September 15, 2017, 02:28:05 am »
I bought a AutoInBox trunk from Amazon and can't seem to make the universal brackets fit.  Would anyone that has mounted a Universal box, please post some close-ups of your installations so I can get some ideas.  If you know of a Universal bracket (new or used) that isn't too expensive, I'd love to hear about it. 

Here is the trunk I purchased from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPZXMLJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline Jim Snyder

• Crotch Rocket
  • The Connie Rocks !!!
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 7055
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Re: Installation of Trunk/Top Box on a ZG1000
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 12:11:44 am »
Dave, I went thru this same thing a few years ago. I ended up building a custom bracket for mine that bolted to the back rest bolts and the rear deck bolts. But I sold it with the box a year or so ago.
"Some days you're the windshield, and some days you're the bug" Get used to it cause thats life !!!

Offline Rod_Bensken_IL

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 6276
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Installation of Trunk/Top Box on a ZG1000
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 03:48:10 pm »
Dave,  I made my own, out of a piece of 1/4" alum plate.  Been on there for about 10 years now.
04 Connie  "Connie Sue"  1970 Sportster (gone)  1974 Honda CB 360 (gone)                   
COG #6276, CDA #0261, 50K Sticker, Half Bra, Fenda Extenda,  KB Steppers. KB Fork Brace. Kawasaki Back Rest. WTC Fuel Gauge Adjuster. Murph's Grips.  KB Highway Pegs.  Pilot GT's,
Cheap a** JC Whitney Trunk.