Author Topic: New c10 owner question about givi screen and it's buffeting (clamp on visor fix?  (Read 352 times)

Offline Gusto

• Tricycle
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Just bought my first Connie 1000 from another cogger here and I'm really excited about this bike!  It's got a medium hight givi tinted screen that I can see over and looks good!  But I do get buffeting at highway speeds pretty good.  I've had puig clamp on visor on another bike and was very impressed with it.  They make a bigger one that would fit the givi pretty well. Tinted too.  Any personal experience with this screen? I also have a very nice very tall cee baileys I could cut down?  I can't see over it! Thanks!! Gus

Offline Sport Rider

• Two wheel addict!
  • I Need a Life
  • 100,000 or Bust!
    • BikePics Site
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 8603
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Angle of the screen makes a big difference to me.  I don't have any experience with the Givi though.  I have a Cee Bailey Euro Tour which angles back quite a bit.  I can see over it fine, but wind catches the upper part of my helmet and I get just a little buffeting.  something like a small Laminar Lip might be good to add a little flip to the top of the screen to push the wind up and over.  I had a LL on my stock shield for years and it worked great.  no experience with the Puig either, but if you can angle it up, I bet it would act similar to my Laminar.  Good luck experimenting.   :great:
North Carolina AAD
COG, VROC, VBA, IBA, USCA and other TLAs
05 C10, 94 C10, 06 Nomad, 15 CB
https://www.bikepics.com/members/ncdave/

Offline Gusto

• Tricycle
I just called cee baileys to find out about cutting my cee baileys screen down... their gone! Stopped making motorcycle windscreeens.  Did not know that.

Offline Bud

• Road Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
Someone posted that Cee Bailey quit making motorcycle windshields on here within the last couple of weeks or so.  I wouldn't have heard otherwise without that post.  I'm a Madstad guy myself, so I won't be missing them.  The only thing I would do different, would be to buy the tallest shield they make (22" I think) and lower it whenever I felt the need.  I never lower the shield on my Madstad.  I'm thinking an extra 2 inches would be appreciated this winter and might even quiet down my low budget (cheap) noisy helmet.

Offline Gusto

• Tricycle
If got this very nice CB screen on the workbench all taped up ready to go under the knife for a 2 inch trim! I hate to do it but I don't have a lot of options that I think will work

Offline Nosmo

• Crotch Rocket
  • "We're all in this together" -- Red Green
  • AREA: Northwest Area
I just called cee baileys to find out about cutting my cee baileys screen down... their gone! Stopped making motorcycle windscreeens.  Did not know that.

Find someone with a good bandsaw.  It'll take about ten minutes.
2003 Connie    2007 Wee-Strom   

"What could possibly go wrong...click....go wrong...click...go wrong...click...go wrong..."

Offline Gusto

• Tricycle
I did it with a fine metal blade jig saw.  Turned out great. Worked perfect and the airflow is fixed!!