Author Topic: 2008-2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Service Manual Download - PDF  (Read 12790 times)

Offline Bigdawg78387

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
I located a 2008 - 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Service Manual in PDF. Is it okay to post a link to it in here?

Offline ChipDoc

• Sport Tourer
  • Work to ride - Ride to work!
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9934
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: 2008-2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Service Manual Download - PDF
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 06:47:42 am »
It's best to avoid posting links to illegally copied materials in the open forum, though we appreciate your enthusiasm.

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 10:36:28 am »
I concur. In my opinion, it's not  the right thing to allow a link to a source to copyright infringement. Things like that are better dealt with through emails and not on the web site in the public eye. Folks have different opinions on this.  But it's best to keep  things like this off the site and more in private.

Offline Gypsy JR

• American Gypsy
  • I Need a Life
  • Living the Gypsy Life
  • COG#: 9279
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 01:04:49 pm »
And we don't want to reflect badly on COG, and this website, by having the FCC come down on the domain name owner for copyright infringement. And trust me, somebody will drop a dime on such infringement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Harley Davidson TriGlide Ultra (Rushmore)
2017 Forest River Flagstaff Super-V 27VRL travel trailer
Where are you? [insert random forest name]

Offline Necron99

• Crotch Rocket
  • rise again....
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9384
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 01:12:53 pm »
And no matter what, it's wrong.  You may think it's OK, but then, you are wrong.  It's copyrighted material.  It doesn't belong to you to share.

Note, I'm not a boyscout.  I'm just saying.

Offline Bigdawg78387

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 11:28:11 pm »
Thanks, that is why I asked and did not just post.

Offline Huero

• Tricycle
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 07:09:40 pm »
I certainly do want want to be flamed for this in fact, i have been a member here for years but only recently started posting at all. But, its my understanding that some countries have laws providing te manual to anyone who owns a particular bike. I think austrailia is one country. In fact,  you can download all the yamaha manuals from yamaha.au, the official company web site.

Personally, I bought a manual, but that may not be whats required in all countries in all situations.

I, for one, am glad that you asked "Bigdawg". Thank you. I kinda of like the idea of making my own decisions about things like that.  In fact, i suspect most of us want a choice about things similiar to this. Otherwise, they could just make our bikes go 75mph and no more. I mean thats virtually the highest speed limit in 95% of our country. Why have a bike that would go 80 or 90 or 100mph or more?

My point is really this. " Necron," have you ever driven faster than the posted maximun? As a former paramedic and having recently retired from a career of law enforcement, I will say, you might think its okay, but then, you are wrong.

I just think its nice to have a choice.

Offline Momo65

• Training Wheels
  • Dog's head out the window,that is me in my bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 10016
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 07:27:53 pm »
??????   :o

Offline ConcoursKZ

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 09:19:26 pm »
I don't know why all new bikes do not come with a PDF manual in the first place. I have some PDF manuals to back up the originals I own.
2008 Concours ABS 1976 KZ 900 B1   CDA#387
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Offline Necron99

• Crotch Rocket
  • rise again....
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 11:08:49 pm »
And if I did drive faster than the speed limit, I'd get a ticket, because it's wrong.  And admitting it doesn't make it right. 

But speeding is usually a victimless crime, where theft is never a victimless crime.  Thus your straw man falls. 

And again, I didn't say I was an angel.  But posting copyrighted materials on a public system like this is akin to selling drugs while driving your friend's car.  The authorities won't care that it's not YOUR car when they confiscate it.

Offline Bobby

• Bicycle
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 01:51:48 am »
One time I recorded and distributed a Dallas Cowboys game without the expressed written consent of the NFL.  They never found out, thank god.
My worst fear is, when I die, that my wife will sell all of my motorcycles for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline Huero

• Tricycle
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 01:54:24 am »
Point taken. I am no angel myself. However, the problem with speeding most of the time it works out okay. The issue is when it doesnt work out, its a bad day. I mean loss of life, property ect...the mortal cost can be untold. Additionally, You may be shocked to see the "real" cost of speeding in America.

I cite a 2008 study by the National Highway Transportation Saftey Administration that says the cost of speeding in the year 2000 was 40.4 billion. The same agency estimates the cost at oVer 300 billion for last year. And, one might think, well that doesnt effect me. But, you would be wrong to think that. It effects the cost of insurance, cars, and taxes. Not to mention another study that estimated gas would cost 20% less at any given time if noone ever broke the speed limit. Their findings were based on fuel efficiancy and the resulting supply and demand.

I think some may miss my point, though. For example, everyone knows its wrong to drink and drive. But, that doesnt mean i want the government to make the sale of alcohol illegal just because i may make a choice to drink and drive.

I see the point about the site and causing problems. I would never want to bring any issues to this or other sites.

I just like having the ability to choose whether I want to speed or not. Or, whether i want to download a pdf.

I appreciate both sides of this fence. Again, I purchased the manual but that was my choice.

Thanks,
Huero
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:14:54 am by Huero »

Offline Huero

• Tricycle
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 01:57:57 am »

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 02:06:57 am »
I see the point about the site and causing problems. I would never want to bring any issues to this or other sites.

I just like having the ability to choose whether I want to speed or not. Or, whether i want to download a pdf.

I appreciate both sides of this fence. Again, I purchased the manual but that was my choice.

Thanks,
Huero

Was this thread ever questioning choice?  Going back to the original post, it was a question about posting copyrighted material on the club forum...  not downloading it.  :-[
| Steve Smith | COG #3184 | MSF/CONREP RC |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline Huero

• Tricycle
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 02:15:40 am »
Good point

Offline Necron99

• Crotch Rocket
  • rise again....
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 10:29:19 am »
One time I recorded and distributed a Dallas Cowboys game without the expressed written consent of the NFL.  They never found out, thank god.

I don't know if you know how accurate that statement is.  The NFL would pound you with their lawyers, just to make a point.  It's how big corporations work.

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 10:48:29 am »
This is not so off topic... It used to be that protecting an organization's Intellectual Property (IP) had to do mostly with patent infringement.  Nowadays copyright and trademark  infringement is as big a concern and makes the news more often. Software, music, movies, and even internet web site domain names and content can be protected.  This IP protection is enforced by  organizations as small as COG and as large as H-D, as is seen in this recent news article of a web site owner who needed to change the name of his web site due to illegal use of intellectual property...
http://www.ydr.com/business/ci_20406551/biker-website-changes-name-following-trademark-clash-harley
| Steve Smith | COG #3184 | MSF/CONREP RC |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline Gypsy JR

• American Gypsy
  • I Need a Life
  • Living the Gypsy Life
  • COG#: 9279
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 08:52:04 pm »
Why do you think Rhapsody OWNS Napster now, considering Napster's pc-based application to put songs on your mp3 player was better than anyone elses? Because they got the heck beat out of them over the early free downloading they permitted, and never recovered from the financial penalties.

I know, I had the Napster service for the entire time they were 100% legit, and loved it for ease of use and completeness. Then out of the blue, with like one day notice, boom, Naptser is gone, and when I start the application it wants to download Rhapsody.

People might "get away" with violating copyright and intellectual property rules from time to time, but do you really want to chance becoming another Naptster?

It could ruin your life for the next 20 years. "No problem, we'll take 50% of your income until you pay the fines off."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Harley Davidson TriGlide Ultra (Rushmore)
2017 Forest River Flagstaff Super-V 27VRL travel trailer
Where are you? [insert random forest name]

Offline Bobby

• Bicycle
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 12:31:45 am »

I don't know if you know how accurate that statement is.  The NFL would pound you with their lawyers, just to make a point.  It's how big corporations work.

A lawyer pounding eh?  I will sleep with one eye open.
My worst fear is, when I die, that my wife will sell all of my motorcycles for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline Gigantor

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 9242
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 04:39:32 am »
People might "get away" with violating copyright and intellectual property rules from time to time, but do you really want to chance becoming another Naptster?

It could ruin your life for the next 20 years. "No problem, we'll take 50% of your income until you pay the fines off."

OK not to scare anyone too much and this may be off topic, they won't take 50% of your income until you pay it off.  Usually when you win a judgement you get a marshall to collect and depending how much you make they may or may not be able to collect the debt. 

1. Limitations on the amount that can be witheld:
    A. An income execution for installments from a Judgement Debtor's gross income cannot exceed 10% of the Judgement Debtor's gross income
   B.  If a judgement debtor's weekly disposable earnings are less than the greater of 30 times the current federal minimum wage ($7.25 per hour) no deduction can be made from the judgement debtor's earnings under this income execution.
   C.  A judgement debtor's weekly disposable earnings cannot be reduced below the amount arrived at by multiplying 30 times the greater of the federal minimum wage (7.25 per hour or $217.50)

So if you don't make a lot of money which is why you're probably downloading music in the first place, you don't have to worry.  They can't get blood from a stone.
1988 CBR600  Long Gone
1985 VF750   Sold
1996  Royalstar Sold
1993  CBR1000F  Shouldn't have Sold
2003  C-10  Sold
2008  C-14  Destroyed
2008  C-14  So Far So Good
COG 9242   AMA 1082581  ROK ROK100028645

Offline wendel

• Training Wheels
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 11:28:18 am »
Are you quoting Federal or a particular State Statute. I am guesing Federal. What does the Statute say about the Plaintiff's right to seize property to settle a judgement?

Offline Gigantor

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 9242
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 10:19:03 pm »
Are you quoting Federal or a particular State Statute. I am guesing Federal. What does the Statute say about the Plaintiff's right to seize property to settle a judgement?

I was quoting Federal Income Execution.  Also they can't touch an account that has $2500 or less in it if it can be identified as direct deposit or electronic payments.  States can have their own statues but they can't supercede the Federal one.  As far as property being seized, that would be for the courts to decide.  In a case where monies are owed and can't be collected the court would decide if real property can be seized.  Unlike if a car was in default, the bank would hire a Marshall or Repo firm to obtain possession of the car.

BTW this is in no way legal advise, I am not a lawyer, I did take a few required law classes in college.
1988 CBR600  Long Gone
1985 VF750   Sold
1996  Royalstar Sold
1993  CBR1000F  Shouldn't have Sold
2003  C-10  Sold
2008  C-14  Destroyed
2008  C-14  So Far So Good
COG 9242   AMA 1082581  ROK ROK100028645

Offline TGE

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 02:15:41 am »

I hear that the punishment may be lighter if its a Dallas Cowboys game. That particular franchise would be ecstatic about both the confirmed viewer and the prospect of a (legal) victory.
CMRA #660 -- Team Full Tilt Racing #63

2010 Triumph Street Triple 675 | 2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS | 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6 (track only) | 2005 Suzuki DR650 SE | 2003 Honda CRF 450R | 2004 Yamaha TT-R 125LE

Offline Bobby

• Bicycle
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 02:58:39 am »

I hear that the punishment may be lighter if its a Dallas Cowboys game. That particular franchise would be ecstatic about both the confirmed viewer and the prospect of a (legal) victory.

No doubt... Still though, we must be weary of the lawyer pounding.   :rotflmao:

Offline Rev Ryder

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
  • We came. We saw. We Concours-ed.
    • Presbychuck
  • COG#: 7235
  • Membership Level: Executive Director
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 03:10:25 am »
To wrap this up, I'll add my thanks to BigDawg for inquiring before posting.  It shows restraint and consideration for all and that is one of the hallmarks of a great club.  Kudos to BigDawg.
Fortis non Ferox
 Shafties Can't Wheelie