Author Topic: corbin seat  (Read 4626 times)

Offline Bigfoot_16

• Crotch Rocket
  • I prefer bikes with more horsepower than noise.
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: corbin seat
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 12:10:17 am »

Thanks for the response. I have a custom seat of another brand and was thinking of trying a Corbin to get a little shorter seat height but noticed that the pillion seat was not as wide as my current seat so wondered if rider was going to be unhappy.

Fork

My wife really likes her Corbin pillion. I've read that some folks say it takes about 1,000 miles to break a Corbin in.  I've had mine for 5,000 miles and I'm still trying to break it in! I got an Airhawk R last week and rode with it today. It's a definite improvement. The driver's seat sits about an inch lower than the stock seat. That should help you out.
Jim

2015 Concours 14

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul. Steve's ECU flash stirs the soul!

Offline brutus

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2014, 01:01:42 am »
bought a used corbin..AMAZING!  i had so much pain with the stock..couldnt ride more then a couple of hours...with the corbin..10hrs easily.  highly recommended folks..

Offline TOURMASTER

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2014, 07:25:56 am »
I am waiting on a Baldwin GT that I ordered. In the mean time I picked up an Airhawk R, just completed a 3,000 mile ride of Norcal, OR and WA.......The airhawk saved the day. I will never do another long ride without it. Highly recommend  :great:
2013 Concours 14 (Black)

01 BLUE CONNIE-90K (sold)
US Navy P-3 FE 8251

Offline Bigfoot_16

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2014, 02:37:23 pm »
I am waiting on a Baldwin GT that I ordered. In the mean time I picked up an Airhawk R, just completed a 3,000 mile ride of Norcal, OR and WA.......The airhawk saved the day. I will never do another long ride without it. Highly recommend  :great:

+1 on the Airhawk R!
Jim

2015 Concours 14

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul. Steve's ECU flash stirs the soul!

Offline rmills944

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2014, 08:15:36 pm »
I also have the Corbin and use an airhawk. I'm just tired of using the airhawk and want something like my cruiser's ultimate seat had where it's just comfortable. I'm getting my Corbin redone by a guy in town... shaped, padded, and re-covered. I'll post pics when done. There's nothing like a seat cut to you custom. I tried my friend's Seth Laam seat and like it much more so it'll be somewhere between that, the russell day long shape and the corbin base...

Right now the airhawk is a necessity. After this it shouldn't be necessary at all. That is the main goal.
If it ain't fast and won't corner... Crome it.

Offline cuda

• Crotch Rocket
  • Ignorance Is Bliss.
  • COG#: 11405
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2014, 09:32:10 pm »
Alright I have a Corbin but need something for  l o n g  rides , the air hawks come in different sizes right, what size fits best for a corbin seat?
Thanks Jim
We have invented the world WE see .
It takes 20 years  to build a reputation and 5 minutes to lose it...   - Cog 11405

Offline Highett

• Mini Bike
  • Australia
  • COG#: 9937
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 07:31:26 am »
Yep the stock seat is not great, figured that out on the first decent ride I went on as well as the bars needed some personal attention as well.
I have been sitting on a corbin now for 2.5 years with many miles travelled and I will say that no amount of miles travelled will make that corbin feel any softer.
I have tried the air hawk, and settled on the bead rider. its all I use now and as hard as the corbin is it still sh*ts all over the stock sear, I will never go back to the stock seat, I just like the seating position and oddly enough you do get used to a hard seat.

Offline TOURMASTER

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 07:33:26 am »
Alright I have a Corbin but need something for  l o n g  rides , the air hawks come in different sizes right, what size fits best for a corbin seat?
Thanks Jim

AIRHAWK R
2013 Concours 14 (Black)

01 BLUE CONNIE-90K (sold)
US Navy P-3 FE 8251

Offline Bigfoot_16

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 02:37:34 am »
I also have the Corbin and use an airhawk. I'm just tired of using the airhawk and want something like my cruiser's ultimate seat had where it's just comfortable. I'm getting my Corbin redone by a guy in town... shaped, padded, and re-covered. I'll post pics when done. There's nothing like a seat cut to you custom. I tried my friend's Seth Laam seat and like it much more so it'll be somewhere between that, the russell day long shape and the corbin base...

Right now the airhawk is a necessity. After this it shouldn't be necessary at all. That is the main goal.
The aspect of the Corbin seat I appreciate versus the stock seat is that it is more level and doesn't shove you into the tank - as much. I would much prefer the Corbin to have a rise to it in front to put a complete stop to my sliding into the tank. Even if the leather on my seat was grippier, while that would be an improvement, if the front rose, that would be more comfortable. When I ordered mine, the guy told me it would lower the rider's seat about an inch. I asked him to mitigate that because I'm tall and didn't want a lower seat to cramp my knees. So, they put more foam in the rider's seat to make up for that. If I had known that would make it like concrete, I would've opted for less foam. It's a shame to spend so much for a custom seat and for it to be uncomfortable, too. Even so, it is much better than stock. Sorry if I'm complaining too much.  ::)

I definitely get what you mean about the Airhawk. It's a bit squishy and why should one have to have something like that to make an expensive, custom seat comfortable? Maybe someone from Corbin will read our thoughts and rethink their version of the Connie seat. Though it looks good, it's just not very comfortable on long rides.

Please do post pics of your redone seat. I'm interested to see how it looks.
Jim

2015 Concours 14

Offline cuda

• Crotch Rocket
  • Ignorance Is Bliss.
  • COG#: 11405
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2014, 09:44:43 am »
I called Corbin and asked for softer foam they said send it back they would do it for free for the original owner, never did.
We have invented the world WE see .
It takes 20 years  to build a reputation and 5 minutes to lose it...   - Cog 11405

Offline Flat-spot

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 11111
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 10:20:14 am »
I bought a used Corbin from a COG member a few months ago and I also discovered there is not enough rise toward the front.
With a lot of trial & error and careful carving I made a tapered wedge from FIRM foam and tucked it under my sheepskin seat cover
from Alaskaleather.  (size med. tapered 15" X 16" with optional nose strap added).   WOW!!  COMFY!!   :great:

'08 C14
There is no such thing as too much ammo, unless you are on fire or trying to swim.

Offline rmills944

• Mini Bike
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 12:34:01 pm »
I had heard great things about the sheepskin covers and almost ordered one before getting an air bladder on the board cheap. While I do like the air bladder, I just don't want to have to mess with pulling it off the bike all the time and filling and deflating it to find that sweet spot.
If it ain't fast and won't corner... Crome it.