Author Topic: Cycra Racing System - Stealth DX Hand Shields  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
  • Membership Level: Active
Cycra Racing System - Stealth DX Hand Shields
« on: November 19, 2010, 06:39:40 pm »
OK to start with. I mounted these Cycra Racing System - Stealth DX Hand Shields on my FJR. But the switch gear is similar with the C14. So they may also work on the C14. I had thought about these on the C14. But Metal bender shields and hippo hands prevented me from trying this.
 So I decided to try them on the FJR. They mounted up with minimal effort. They do just contact my large V Stream windshield on the FJR at full lock. But the windshield and hand shields both move slightly, so that it won't be a problem. I took some measurements if somebody wants to see if they may also work on the C14. That could give another viable choice for cold wind protection in the winter.
 I tested them out with a quick 5 mile ride. It was 43 degrees out. I wore mesh gloves on the ride. My hands did not get cold at all. But were not hot either. Hand I used winter gloves, it would be awesome. And this was without even turning on the grip heaters or electrics. So they seem very promising.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 06:43:03 pm by BBAR »

Offline oldsawfiler

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 8062
Re: Cycra Racing System - Stealth DX Hand Shields
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 07:07:33 pm »
wonder if they'd fit a C-10 or and R6?  Do you have a link?
Well...even if you fall on your face you're still moving forward.

COG # 8062  AMA # 1084053  ROMA

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 07:25:10 pm »
 There on the web. But I don't know if the list for individual bikes. I just bought the generic set. And they seem to work. Not like they were made exactly for the bike. But they did work.
 I bought them right off the wall from the dealer! But here is a link to there site for the Stealth DX.

http://store.cycraracing.com/stmodxrapak.html

I have more pictures in webshots. But it seems like the site is down at the moment.

locksmith

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 09:13:22 pm »
Looks like they would hit the windshield on a hard turn (like I have to do to get out of my driveway).

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 12:13:19 am »
Looks like they would hit the windshield on a hard turn (like I have to do to get out of my driveway).

They do on mine. It just hits the windshield on full lock. But it(both the shield and the hand shields) just move a hair. So there really isn't any stress on it. I don't seeing it being a problem. But again, mine isn't a c14, so who knows.
 I personally spend little time at full lock. It may not even hit the factory shield! But I don't know how the space difference would be on the C14. But i think it's close like the FJR.

Offline Lord Jim

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 8185
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 01:54:40 pm »
Thanks BBar...It looks like you may have solved a problem for me.
'08 C14 ABS  The Rain Magnet 
COG 8185