Author Topic: Frame Sliders for 2010 c14  (Read 24039 times)

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9735
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Frame Sliders for 2010 c14
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 05:21:03 pm »
ZG,

What are the sliders in your picture? They look different than Fred's. I like the visible support better on your pics, less like a tube and more like a casting.

WG,
My Connie is an 09, the 08/09 Top Block sliders are a different design then the 10/11 ones.
BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline PdLt

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 10240
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2011, 12:33:38 am »
I would buy these in a heartbeat, but i know I would screw up drilling the plastic.  Scares me and im not confident doing that.  Otherwise they are sweet!

Offline wally_games

• Moped
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2011, 01:42:19 am »
ZG,

What are the sliders in your picture? They look different than Fred's. I like the visible support better on your pics, less like a tube and more like a casting.

WG,
My Connie is an 09, the 08/09 Top Block sliders are a different design then the 10/11 ones.

Bummer. No offense to Fred but yours are much nicer looking, although I think they both look pretty good.

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2011, 01:53:09 am »
ZG,

WG,

Bummer. No offense to Fred but yours are much nicer looking, although I think they both look pretty good.

Well that seems only fair, because Fred himself is much better looking than I am...  ;)

Thanks WG!  :beerchug:

Offline att

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 03:53:06 pm »
Hi,

Anybody could help me for a direct contact info to Top-block ??  I tried last week on their website but still dont have yet any reply from them

Thanks

at

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2011, 04:02:23 pm »
Hi,

Anybody could help me for a direct contact info to Top-block ??  I tried last week on their website but still dont have yet any reply from them

Thanks

at

Most of Europe shuts down for a couple months during the summer, my guess is that's the case and why they aren't responding to you...

Offline att

• Tricycle
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2011, 04:09:15 pm »
Thanks ZG, so there s no other way to buy it now then wait for some time more till they reply to my mail ??

at

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 04:13:04 pm »
Thanks ZG, so there s no other way to buy it now then wait for some time more till they reply to my mail ??

at

I'm afraid not... sorry.  :(

Offline Fred_Harmon_TX

• COG Technical Editor
  • Industry Member
  • Iron Butt
    • Angel Ride Videos
  • COG#: 2170
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 11:43:48 pm »
Hi,

Thanks

at

I just got an email from Tatiana at Top Block on Friday. I'd suggest you email her direct.
commercial(AT)top-block.com

Just replace (AT) with @
Fred H.

Thanksgiving Sale in Effect now!  Concours 1400 Maintenance Videos 
http://www.angelridevideos.com

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 01:11:52 am »
Hi,

Thanks

at

I just got an email from Tatiana at Top Block on Friday. I'd suggest you email her direct.
commercial(AT)top-block.com

Just replace (AT) with @

+1 on Tatiana, she's the best and who I worked with for mine! If Fred just got an email from her they must be open.  :whoo:

Offline att

• Tricycle
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 01:53:56 am »
Thanks alot Fred, i will do it now.

Actually i have the Projekt D Frame Sliders from the 1st day i got my Connie, but cannot resist the Top-block ones after seeing your pix, i think you are accused for a few of my spending  :)) :)) :))

Thanks alot for all the help you (and others) bring to us

at

Offline ACCBiker

• Tricycle
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 12:39:00 am »
Thanks alot Fred, i will do it now.

Actually i have the Projekt D Frame Sliders from the 1st day i got my Connie, but cannot resist the Top-block ones after seeing your pix, i think you are accused for a few of my spending  :)) :)) :))

Thanks alot for all the help you (and others) bring to us

at

If you go ahead and get the Top-block ones, please let me know if you want to sell your Projekt D Frame Sliders.

-David
Athens, GA

Offline att

• Tricycle
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2011, 12:57:08 pm »
Hi,

I would love to but you probably wouldn't like the shipping cost : i m from Vietnam so shipping it out is equal or might cost even more than shipping cost from Taiwan :D

at

Offline nsmisner

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 7426
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2011, 05:57:11 pm »
I have the Pojekt D sliders on a 2010.  I had a 40mph(I checked the gps track when I got home) low-side at the national rally in VT last week.  I just had a few scrapes and bruises.  Here is what my bike looked like. 

http://community.webshots.com/album/580728475JHmjMq

Someone else high-sided a 2011 on the same corner.  The tupperware looked about the same but his water pump was broken off.  I was able to ride mine back to the resort after the great folks at Pro Cycle in Clarendon got my bike into 2nd grear (the shifter and footpeg are broken off).  They also put a long bolt into a hole for the footpeg so I had someplace to rest my foot.  The saddle bag broke off right away, so it is not scratched too bad but the front mounting hook is gone.  With all the wear on the sliders I think they must have saved some damage to the bike.  The front slider bent forward some. 

I have to say that under the circumstances I'm not unhappy with the Projekt D sliders.  On the other hand I think I'll try the Top Block sliders when I put the bike back together.
2010 Cruise, StarCom, Zumo660, risers & wedges, CeeBailey XtraTall, Projekt D sliders
2002 Concours(sold) - my first bike

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2011, 08:40:54 pm »
Noah,

If you don't mind me asking. Where did y'all crash? I heard that people had gone down, but no real specifics. I wasn't sure if there were two or three incidents. I guess that you just confirmed the second and third.

Offline nsmisner

• Tricycle
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2011, 09:15:50 pm »
It was on Hwy 140 westbound east of Wallingford.  GPS 43.456065,-72.936312

Down hill left hand turn with a little sand on the road sent me onto the shoulder.  I low sided trying to get back onto road so that I didn't hit the guard rail.  The guy from Pro Cycle that picked us up said he had picked up another guy the day before at the same time of day on the same bike.  Steve, the other guy, was also from Minnesota.  He got the "Unfortunate" award at the banquet.

Yara (aka Pocahontas) said that I was the 3rd crash.  Whoever the 1st one was had a broken rib.
2010 Cruise, StarCom, Zumo660, risers & wedges, CeeBailey XtraTall, Projekt D sliders

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2011, 11:11:40 pm »
 The first crash was a couple that low sided avoiding a deer, coming back from NH. They road the bike back to Mt. Snow. But went to the hospital the next morning with a lot of pain. IIRC Both riders had injuries from the crash. If they wind up reading this, I wish them well. As well as the two of you who now share memories from a common piece of real estate in Vermont.
 Unfortunately 140 was a little rougher than last year when I planned the route for the national rally. I love 140 but now feel bad that two different people had issues on it.  :(

Offline nsmisner

• Tricycle
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2011, 11:57:17 pm »
I only blame myself. I entered too fast on a corner that I could not see all the way through.  I was going faster than my sight distance allowed. If there had been a deer or a stalled car(or a crashed Connie) in the same spot on the road I would have been in bigger trouble.

This is my only crash in 5 years of riding. I never crashed my 2002 Concours but dropped it a few times. I've never dropped my 2010 but now I have crashed it.

I'm fortunate that nobody was hurt badly and my insurance will cover the bike damage minus my deductible. Plus since I crashed on Thursday I didn't miss out on much riding.

Thanks for your contributions to a great rally.

Offline ACCBiker

• Tricycle
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2011, 12:16:06 am »
Hi,

I would love to but you probably wouldn't like the shipping cost : i m from Vietnam so shipping it out is equal or might cost even more than shipping cost from Taiwan :D

at

Thanks anyway.

Ride safe.

-David
Athens, GA

Offline ACCBiker

• Tricycle
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2011, 12:18:58 am »
I'm fortunate that nobody was hurt badly and my insurance will cover the bike damage minus my deductible. Plus since I crashed on Thursday I didn't miss out on much riding.

Glad to hear that you are okay.  I hate hearing about anyone going down.  We all know that it is a possibility each time we ride and even though we ride within our limits, but just a split second can change an enjoyable ride into a very bad day.

-David
Athens, GA

Offline Mad River Marc

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 8442
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2011, 06:24:20 pm »
Glad to hear that you are ok.  The bike can be fixed, as long as you are ok that is what matters :)
You only need two tools in life – WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the duct tape.

Offline sfsokc

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 10667
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2012, 12:13:15 am »
So.... is there anyone out there that can post pics of the GSG sliders with the Concours leaned over? Yes, almost all of us agree that the Top Blocks should work well and look good.  But nearly $700 is a robbery! (over twice the cost of the GSGs).  Surely somebody has them that knows how to post pics.

Offline ChipDoc

• Sport Tourer
  • Work to ride - Ride to work!
  • COG#: 9934
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2012, 12:22:40 am »
$700 for the Top Blocks is certainly pricey, but it isn't robbery.  If you want to see robbery, check out the prices on replacing the plastic...
 :-[

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2012, 12:24:37 am »
$700 for the Top Blocks is certainly pricey, but it isn't robbery.  If you want to see robbery, check out the prices on replacing the plastic...
 :-[

:iagree:

Offline TJ

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2012, 12:53:38 am »
There is a member who almost has his slider design ready for manufacturing.  Should be 2-3 weeks away.  It is based on the same idea as the TOP Block but hopefully much cheaper.