Author Topic: LED Lights for C14, Hikari or others?  (Read 179 times)

Offline NinjaBreadMan

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 11944
  • Membership Level: Active
LED Lights for C14, Hikari or others?
« on: January 07, 2018, 04:33:12 am »
I would like to get LED bulbs for my C14, has anyone tried the Hikari bulbs?  I did see one Amazon review from a Concours owner who said they worked:
https://smile.amazon.com/HIKARI-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-Conversion-Kit-H4-9003-Hi-Lo-Top-CREE-XHP50-XM-L2-9600lm-6K-Cool-White-2-Yr-Warranty-Eye-of-Megatron-Upgraded-Version/dp/B01LCE19PW/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_txt?ie=UTF8

Any other suggestions for LED lights that you would recommend?  Is the anti-flickering resistor needed?
2016 Gray C14
previous bikes 2006 C10, 1977 Z1000
Jet Ski ST-15F & STX-900
Lake Stevens, WA

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12649
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: LED Lights for C14, Hikari or others?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 11:48:30 am »
I've been running these for a solid year.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VNBEJ1G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Like many others that have installed LED drop ins, they come with both positive and negatives.
Cut off is not sharp, and tends to scatter some, and adjustment is an excercise in mediocrity or compromise between ok and
that will do.
I did get these beams out on a few VERY DARK West Virginia back roads, and I wasn't completely dissatisfied with the output, distance, or color.  I did wish I had a set of auxillary flood lights mounted under my mirrors to see even more of the road -- but who wouldn't?

Mostly I installed these to (hopefully) cut down on power consumption, match the COLOR of my LED MM10s and City Lights, and also to simply add more daytime conspicuity.

I have no complaints thus far.

The ONLY issue with installation was that I had to cut the rubber dust boots to allow for these to BREATHE, as they DO get very hot, and have fans attached to the heat sinks.

gr
..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...