Author Topic: LOCATED: Worse luck ever with new Seats  (Read 6353 times)

Offline Saint_Arc

• Scooter
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 10457
  • Membership Level: Active
LOCATED: Worse luck ever with new Seats
« on: April 24, 2013, 01:53:01 pm »
Okay it's official I must be cursed!!!!   >:(

Ordered a corbin seat months ago along with the smuggler trunk.  Had a horrible experience with corbin with crappy customer service but after 4 months finally received the seats and smuggler trunk.   :'(  So after riding for the last 2500 miles I have decided to send the corbin seat to Seth Laam to help with the firmness issue mainly because i really liked the smuggler trunk and didn't want to give it up.  Seth was awesome, talked with him for about 45 minutes about the issues with the seat.  Seth finished the seat on 17 Apr 2013 and shipped it that day via Fedex, very fast turnaround.  Here is the problem, I get an email alert from Fedex last night on my phone while I am eating with my family at home stating the item has been delivered and placed at my front door at 6:07pm.  No one rang the door so I got up at 6:10pm and check the door to get the package.  No package, no note, no required signature.  Fedex insist it was delivered.   >:(

:'(  This is very frustrating!! Not only did I loose my nicely redone Seth Laam seat but as well as the corbin seat pan and will either need to get a new one which i really don't want to deal with Corbin again or just sell the smuggler and go with a Russell again.  What is everyone's thoughts on this. :38:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:50:46 pm by Saint_Arc »
Michael Roelofs

2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Arabian Red
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 Candy Red (RIP)
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9735
Re: Worse luck ever with new Seats
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 03:00:00 pm »
Check yer neighbors porch too, I've had FedEx do that twice to me, I get the "delivered" email, open door and nothing there, go to the neighbors porch and there it is...  ???
BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Online cra-z1000

• Sport Tourer
  • Keeping it upright..
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9790
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 03:25:44 pm »
I have the same address as someone in Denton (next city over ) and twice my packages were delivered there . You might call Fedex and suggest that as a possibility .
1987 C 10
80 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MK 2
74 Honda 750 four ss
73 Suzuki 550 triple
72 Honda 550 four

Offline PaleRider

• Street Cruiser
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 08:37:12 pm »
Michael, I feel very badly for you :(
Have Owned 2004 Honda VFR, 2004 Honda ST1300, 2000 Triumph Sprint ST.
Now 2012 ZG1400 in Pearl Arabian Red

Offline TJ

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 09:00:18 pm »
I would find out which driver claims it was delivered and request to meet him/her with a Supervisor at their facility.   Maybe they can look at the route for that entire day and figure where it was dropped.  With their gadgets you would figure they do a lat/long gps location when they mark delivered.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:02:19 pm by TJ »

Offline Jeff Kerkow

• Officer
  • Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 7524
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 10:40:48 pm »
I live on xxx south x street and already have had to drive to xxx north x street to get my package.  As well as the house next door. Don't give up.
It's not a competition, It's a demonstration. "Rowan"
COG 7524 IBA 46513 GLMC 214
16 KTM 690R, 11 Concours 14, 07 Ninja 650 R

Offline notsluggo

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 10187
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 10:55:54 pm »
Once upon a time - back around 1980 in Omaha - I worked as a drapery / blinds installer.
I was doing a job on S. 47th street - in a brown house - when i went out to lunch.
Came back from lunch to S 47th avenue - to a brown house - and knocked on the door to be let in.
Woman answers the door - i grab it and walk on in.
She was a bit shocked  :-\ - and I was totally embarassed.  :-[
Same corner / same color - one block apart.
Oops happens.  :-X
Ride safe(r).
- notsluggo
2011 Concours 14 - The Silver Bullet!
2014 KLR650 - Kelly
Parker, CO

Offline smooth_operator

• government isn't the solution to our problems. government is the problem!
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 10773
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 12:16:18 am »
Once upon a time - back around 1980 in Omaha - I worked as a drapery / blinds installer.
I was doing a job on S. 47th street - in a brown house - when i went out to lunch.
Came back from lunch to S 47th avenue - to a brown house - and knocked on the door to be let in.
Woman answers the door - i grab it and walk on in.
She was a bit shocked  :-\ - and I was totally embarassed.  :-[
Same corner / same color - one block apart.
Oops happens.  :-X

Was she Hot? :043:

Hopefully, the seat will be found safe and sound. Fed ex and UPS and USPS deliver about a trillion packages a day (mostly farkles to Connie owners) so mistakes are inevitable. I'm sure you'll get it soon.
75 MT 125 Esinore   73 CB 360T  82 Virago 920  08 Metropolitan II "step through"  2012 C14  Candy Arabian Red

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties that standing armies.
--Thomas Jefferson
 CDA 553                               END THE FED!!

Offline PaleRider

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 01:00:01 am »
Keep an eye on Craigs list just in case!
Have Owned 2004 Honda VFR, 2004 Honda ST1300, 2000 Triumph Sprint ST.
Now 2012 ZG1400 in Pearl Arabian Red

Offline Saint_Arc

• Scooter
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 01:18:07 am »
Well after a third attempt at contacting FedEx I was able to get an update on the seat.   :-\   The FedEx delivery driver admitted he made a mistake and delivered the package to the wrong address and was at this point trying to track it down.   >:(. I was advised by his boss that when the drivers deliver a package to the wrong address the drivers have 48hrs to investigate the mishap themselves, track down and locate the package, and then deliver it to the correct recipient.  So I guess there is still hope.   ???

I went to a few of the neighbors house and I have been watching eBay and Craigslist just in case but so far nothing.  Cross your fingers. ;)
Michael Roelofs

Offline WaltR

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 11230
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 03:40:59 am »
  Say what you will about the USPS, but my delivery gal knows my name and house.  In fact I would suspect the mixups you describe here would be much less frequent for the postal service unless dealing with big inner city metro area's with large apt buildings.

Offline gsun

• Sport Tourer
  • CDA #560
  • COG#: 9127
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 03:45:18 am »
I ordered a manual a while ago and got an empty brown envelope with a note that said the contents went missing. Fill out this form and we will try and track it down. Right....

Online TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9032
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 04:29:44 pm »
Fed X tried to deliver a correct grade H&R M1 Garand I had ordered from the CMP but needed an adult signature. No one was home so they delivered it to the Police Department. Not a big deal since I worked there. 
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki

Offline Bruiser

• Bruiser
  • Sport Tourer
  • kiss philosophy gets it done quicker and simpler
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 07:20:02 pm »
Aww that sucks!  Was it insured?  Does the whole COG network need to have a little chat w/ Fed EX?
Bruiser

2012 Kawasaki C14
93 Kawasaki C10
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1980 Kawasaki KZ1000ST
1978 Honda CB750F
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
1976 Honda 750K
1973 Honda CB500K
1973 Honda SL175
1972 Honda SL125

Offline LakeTrax

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 08:02:15 pm »
Fed X tried to deliver a correct grade H&R M1 Garand I had ordered from the CMP but needed an adult signature. No one was home so they delivered it to the Police Department. Not a big deal since I worked there. 
Yeah, but it woulda been a BIG deal if someone like me just happened to be next door at the time of delivery. -"Oh, hello FedEx delivery man... What's that you say? You have an M1 Garand to deliver for Mr. TimR??? I suppose I can go ahead & sign for him..."  >:D Just imagine what my disappointment would have been though when I realized that it wasn't a Springfield or a Winchester...  :))

****Sorry to hear about your woes Saint_Arc. Your luck sounds to be about as good as mine! Hope you get your seat back soon & that it all works out...

Offline Saint_Arc

• Scooter
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 01:15:25 am »
Day 2:

Fedex still has not been able to locate my seat.  Was advised to contact Seth Laam so he can began the claim process since he was the last to ship it.   :'(  Very frustrating!!!  Good news though other packages order through revzilla arrived via fedex today in the mail.  Of all things to lose why could it not have been a pair of gloves or shoes!  >:(

Michael Roelofs

Offline Saint_Arc

• Scooter
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 01:32:49 pm »
Update:

Fedex still has no idea where the package is and seems to want to just leave it at that.  Pretty sad. >:(

I spoke with Seth Laam last night so he can start the process for the claim paperwork.  Seth stated he was very sorry and will order a new seat pan from Corbin and then customize it again free of charge for me.  I gotta say this I was not expecting from him since it was not his fault FedEx miss delivered this package to begin with.  This here is a testament to Seth Laam's customer service and truly cares about his customers.   :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Prior to him stating he would fabricate a new seat for me free of charge I told him at this point I don't even want to deal with corbin and would probably pay out of pocket and just order a new Russell Day long seat to avoid dealing with corbin again.  That's when Seth stated he would handle it, pay for a pan from corbin and refabricate the seat for me.  Seth is the man!!   :great:
Michael Roelofs

Offline Zarticus

• Crotch Rocket
  • Fanboy, Sludge wearer, Proud Rotella user !
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10785
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 08:03:52 pm »
That's great of him but at the same time do not let fedex off the hook. The bastards do this s*** more times than you realize. I thank god that the delivered my Corbin Smuggler last week without loosing it!!!.
2012 Kawasaki Concours, Arabian Red
1986 Honda V65 Magna, Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna, Black
1983 Honda V45 Sabre, Red

Offline Dollartree

• Mini Bike
  • 49 years old with 42 years riding experience.
  • COG#: 10519
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 11:03:34 pm »
Update:

Fedex still has no idea where the package is and seems to want to just leave it at that.  Pretty sad. >:(

I spoke with Seth Laam last night so he can start the process for the claim paperwork.  Seth stated he was very sorry and will order a new seat pan from Corbin and then customize it again free of charge for me.  I gotta say this I was not expecting from him since it was not his fault FedEx miss delivered this package to begin with.  This here is a testament to Seth Laam's customer service and truly cares about his customers.   :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Prior to him stating he would fabricate a new seat for me free of charge I told him at this point I don't even want to deal with corbin and would probably pay out of pocket and just order a new Russell Day long seat to avoid dealing with corbin again.  That's when Seth stated he would handle it, pay for a pan from corbin and refabricate the seat for me.  Seth is the man!!   :great:

I have been on the fence about odering a Russel Day Long or Laam.  This comment (see above) made my decision.  I will call Seth Next week!!!!!!!!!
You may not think that I'm worth dying for, but Jesus did!  Hallelujah!!

Offline Saint_Arc

• Scooter
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 12:48:19 am »
That's great of him but at the same time do not let fedex off the hook. The bastards do this s*** more times than you realize. I thank god that the delivered my Corbin Smuggler last week without loosing it!!!.

I'm still calling everyday and the claim should have already been made if Seth hasn't done it yet.  I just really want to be able to talk with this driver.  This whole thing stinks.   :sign0137: These guys aren't getting off this easy.  I will gladly be the thorn in there side.   :))
Michael Roelofs

Offline Joe S.

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 10862
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 01:27:02 am »
Seth is a really good guy.  When you get your claim money tip generously.
'14 HD FLHR, '12 C14
'11 650 Vstrom, '09 HD XR1200
'01 HD FXD, '79 BMW R100

Offline Saint_Arc

• Scooter
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 04:58:24 pm »

I have been on the fence about odering a Russel Day Long or Laam.  This comment (see above) made my decision.  I will call Seth Next week!!!!!!!!!

Glad I can help.   ;)

Michael Roelofs

Offline Saint_Arc

• Scooter
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 05:23:46 pm »
Update #3. 

Spoke with FEDEX today and was able to get the address of where the driver mis-delivered my package.  And here I was thinking finally, progress and hopefully the final step to getting my seat back, boy was I wrong.  I drove out to the address which is not to far from my house hoping to speak with the current residents and retrieve my seat.  One problem..........THERE IS NO SUCH ADDRESS  :c002:
The address the driver provided with me does not exist in the neighborhood and of course the driver is unavailable.  Just my luck. 

And i guess to add a little salt to this wound, Corbin will not sell seat pans alone and to just replace the seat alone will cost approximately $414.00 and will be about 3 to 4 weeks to make.  Last time they said this it took them 3 months to make.  What to do........... more than likely i will be posting the smuggler trunk up for sale.  This just makes me sick.   :'(

I was hoping to get some riding in prior to departing for Korea.   >:(
Michael Roelofs

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 06:01:18 pm »
The shipment should have been covered by sufficient insurance of the value of the seat ( if not, shame on the shipper).  Packages handled by all the delivery services get lost and damaged all the time - just sucks that it was you this time.   I would not be driving around looking for my shipment. Instead I would be asking the shipper to place the undelivered shipment claim and either the shipping service finds it and delivers within an acceptable period or they pay the replacement value of the shipment.   Just my $0.02. YMMV.

| Steve Smith | COG #3184 |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 08:25:05 pm »
And i guess to add a little salt to this wound, Corbin will not sell seat pans alone and to just replace the seat alone will cost approximately $414.00 and will be about 3 to 4 weeks to make.  Last time they said this it took them 3 months to make.  What to do........... more than likely i will be posting the smuggler trunk up for sale.  This just makes me sick.   :'(

Sorry for your pains brother, that really sux...  :(

FWIW there's a Corbin seat for sale in the classifieds section on here, you might want to check that out...

If you opt to walk away and do decide to sell the smuggler trunk let me know, I might be interested in buying it from you.
BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...