Author Topic: Phone/GPS mounts  (Read 3330 times)

Offline Anthony

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Phone/GPS mounts
« on: July 20, 2015, 10:44:06 pm »
I'm trying to decide on what mounting option I want to go with for my phone. I know there are multiple threads about people asking about the different mounts specifically but none showing a collection of options. Could those of you who have phones or GPS' mounted on your bikes post examples of your individual set ups for mounts? Also if you could include the type of mount you went with.

I thought I remembered seeing pictures of a GPS mounted directly in the center of the handle bars but I can't find the mount anywhere. Just looking for ideas and mounts that would work for me. I would be using my phone as my GPS.

Thanks in advance!!

Offline JTX

• Crotch Rocket
  • TEXAS 2015 ZG14
  • AREA: South Central Area
Re: Phone/GPS mounts
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 11:18:44 pm »
I'm trying to decide on what mounting option I want to go with for my phone. I know there are multiple threads about people asking about the different mounts specifically but none showing a collection of options. Could those of you who have phones or GPS' mounted on your bikes post examples of your individual set ups for mounts? Also if you could include the type of mount you went with.

I thought I remembered seeing pictures of a GPS mounted directly in the center of the handle bars but I can't find the mount anywhere. Just looking for ideas and mounts that would work for me. I would be using my phone as my GPS.

Thanks in advance!!

I have the mount that is on the center and I've changed it to something else. Kawasaki makes that mount and its listed on their website under accessories. 

I've never seen any need to 'mount' a phone. It stays in my jacket pocket. If it rings, the helmet comms will answer for me.  I have no need to dial phone calls on the road. I'll stop, dial, then boogie. 

Offline Anthony

• Mini Bike
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 11:22:43 pm »

Thanks in advance!!

I have the mount that is on the center and I've changed it to something else. Kawasaki makes that mount and its listed on their website under accessories. 

I've never seen any need to 'mount' a phone. It stays in my jacket pocket. If it rings, the helmet comms will answer for me.  I have no need to dial phone calls on the road. I'll stop, dial, then boogie.

I would mount the phone to use it as a GPS

Offline JTX

• Crotch Rocket
  • TEXAS 2015 ZG14
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 11:23:32 pm »

Thanks in advance!!

I would mount the phone to use it as a GPS

I use cheap cell service, so likely wont work :D

Offline Sailor_chic

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11610
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 12:28:22 am »
Who would want to talk in a phone while riding! That's part of the bliss of riding for me, escaping the everyday hustle. Mine stays in my jacket pocket on airplane mode.
Nicole     Port St Lucie, FL.
2013 C14 Black  
2006 Vmax
IBA # 60267

Offline JTX

• Crotch Rocket
  • TEXAS 2015 ZG14
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 12:53:42 am »
Who would want to talk in a phone while riding! That's part of the bliss of riding for me, escaping the everyday hustle. Mine stays in my jacket pocket on airplane mode.

I dont mind answering.  Only people that call me are my wife and a couple of friends.  My work # is a different cell phone number. So wont be a problem.

Though I need to see if I can pair my SENA with both phones, AND the GPS............Because she might have to call my verizon work phone to reach me in the WY or CO mountains.  My Sprint phone will be dead. :)

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 01:10:33 am »
Zumo 590 mounted with a Ram arm to the Ram ball on the Heli risers.  :great: :beerchug:

BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 01:35:11 am »
Hi,
        Damn ZG! :-[

Do you have a Stewardess ask you if you need a drink, when you climb on that thing! ;D

Looks like the cockpit on a jet! :great:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 02:03:52 am »
Hi,
        Damn ZG! :-[

Do you have a Stewardess ask you if you need a drink, when you climb on that thing! ;D

Looks like the cockpit on a jet! :great:

:72:

BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline LouSpag

• Scooter
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 11:49:08 am »
I don't use a gps. just my cell phone (droid). It is mounted in the center of the bars with a ram mount and a short extension.  it works well, no issues at all until it rains, lol.  I suppose I could get a watertight sleeve for it but I use it only accessional. I wear ear plugs wile riding so using most of its features are not an option.  I just set the destination for gps functionality when I need it and follow the arrow on the screen.
Plus, I hate having too much stuff cluttering my view of the gauges.

LouSpag
~~~~~~~One Day At a Time~~~~~~~~~
2000 ZX12r
2009 Concours 14
2012 ZX14R

Offline vquad

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: Forum Subscr
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 03:04:24 pm »
www.motorcyclelarry.com has the center mount you are looking for.
its a ram mount.
I have one on my c14 and my s1000rr and they work excellent.
2015 BMW S1000RR
2015 Victory Magnum X1

Offline vquad

• Mini Bike
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 03:16:30 pm »

heres a pic with the "X" ram mount on my S1000rr
2015 BMW S1000RR
2015 Victory Magnum X1

Offline vquad

• Mini Bike
2015 BMW S1000RR
2015 Victory Magnum X1

Offline Anthony

• Mini Bike
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 06:40:21 am »

heres a pic with the "X" ram mount on my S1000rr

I like this set up

Offline Jlewis50

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: 11547
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 11:02:42 am »
I run the Xmount with a Ram ball mount on back of clutch bracket. Ram web site has all the stuff at a very reasonable price.

Offline CW

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 11:26:36 am »
I run the Xmount with a Ram ball mount on back of clutch bracket. Ram web site has all the stuff at a very reasonable price.

+1

That's what I use...$30 bucks or so for the ball, the arm, and the X. Holds my sunglasses, too, when I don't use the Droid. Swaps easily over to my other bike as well.
2010 Neptune blue C-14
2009 KLR
2103 DR-Z400S