Author Topic: New design for 2013 Precision Engineering Multi-Adjust Handlebars!!  (Read 8039 times)

Offline Pistole

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Re: New design for 2013 Precision Engineering Multi-Adjust Handlebars!!
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 02:56:07 am »
- nice pic.

- sorry for sounding negative there. Carry on.

Offline Saint_Arc

• Scooter
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 10457
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 03:24:41 pm »
If there is enough interest here in them I can see if they'll do any group buy/discount, chime in folks if your on the fence so I can gauge a potention group buy.

These guys really do great work, I've gotten to know them well over the past year doing other custom stuff.  :great:
[/quote]

ZG if enough are interested I'm definitely in for doing a group buy.   :)  Either way I will be ordering a set in the next month or so.  I nearly purchased a set a couple of weeks ago but am glad I waited and now can purchase the newer set.  Had the previous bike really set up nicely but this '12 is taking some getting used too.  I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how things develop.  Thanks
Michael Roelofs

2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Arabian Red
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 Candy Red (RIP)
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 04:32:51 pm »
install directions added...
BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline deb

• deb
  • Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 08:24:31 pm »
The pics not quite clear how the GPS is mounted on these new Handlebars.  Is there an additional slot/hole thru which the ram-mounted is bolted onto the handlebars?  :-[

Oh well, an easy fix was to just put my risers underneath them which then made them clear that storage box just fine.  :great:

When I had them on without the risers I had the arms telescoped all the way out, but now with my risers under them I have the arms collapsed down to their lowest position. Went for a ride and absolutely love em, I was very happy with the prior set but this set is even better, I'm very comfy and it pushes me back in my Corbin and zero strain on my back.  :great:

[/quote]
deb
2011 C14
2003 C1000

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 10:23:56 pm »
The pics not quite clear how the GPS is mounted on these new Handlebars.  Is there an additional slot/hole thru which the ram-mounted is bolted onto the handlebars?  [img alt=:-[]http://forum.cog-online.org/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/embarrassed.gif

Hey D, I'm not sure what year your Connie is?

But if you have an 08/09 (mine is 09) then you can use the Heli risers like mine that have the ram ball built into them.

But if you have a 10+ then you don't need the additional risers since no center "glove box" and you can go with the center mount like in this thread link below.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,41795.0.html

Offline deb

• deb
  • Mini Bike
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 12:07:23 am »
ZG.. thx for response and my ride is a 2011. My bigger concern is whether or not I needed to replace oem cables, but you already indicated they do not need to be replaced.
Looks like this is something worth trying to ease the back problem and would be interested if a group purchase was taking place. :motonoises:
deb
2011 C14
2003 C1000

Offline deb

• deb
  • Mini Bike
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 02:04:19 pm »
Mike... does not appear that there was group purchase but did you complete purchase of new handlebars?  If so, are you also with product?  I am thinking of pulling trigger on either this product or the Horizon Helibars.  These bars seem to have the advantage of using existing oem cables, and comparatively easier install.

If there is enough interest here in them I can see if they'll do any group buy/discount, chime in folks if your on the fence so I can gauge a potention group buy.

These guys really do great work, I've gotten to know them well over the past year doing other custom stuff.  :great:

ZG if enough are interested I'm definitely in for doing a group buy.   :)  Either way I will be ordering a set in the next month or so.  I nearly purchased a set a couple of weeks ago but am glad I waited and now can purchase the newer set.  Had the previous bike really set up nicely but this '12 is taking some getting used too.  I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how things develop.  Thanks
deb
2011 C14
2003 C1000

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 02:51:46 pm »

It doesn't appear that there is enough interest for a group buy D, so IMO if you want to get em then you should just pull the trigger and do it!  :beerchug:

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9032
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2013, 01:37:12 pm »
I would love to get a set of these but my son needs braces first

I could get it the way I wanted spending less and have more comfort. Nice bars no doubt but priced right out of my range.
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki