Author Topic: Aux red LED brake lights  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Buzzard

• Scooter
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11145
  • Membership Level: Active
Aux red LED brake lights
« on: February 14, 2018, 04:38:00 pm »
I'm thinking about adding one or maybe a pair of small auxiliary red LED brake light's on the back of the bike for better visibility.
I'd like to see examples of what others have done.
What lights did you purchase, from where and how did you mount them.
If someone has the wire color code for the rear brake that I need to splice into please include that if possible.

Thanks

Buzzard
2016 C-14 Metallic Moondust Grey
2002 C-10 "SOLD*
1980 KZ550 LTD  a work in progress CafĂ© Racer
2006 Suzuki C50

Offline flyboy3107

• Moped
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 11978
Re: Aux red LED brake lights
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 04:48:39 pm »
I purchased a kit form a guy on here, GixerHP I believe, he sells a setup called switchback lights, all plug and play, no wires need to be cut. All LED lights, fronts are driving lights until you turn on blinker, then they blink yellow. Rear blinks yellow, when you step on brakes, blinkers light up red. Awesome setup, about 200 bucks.

Offline Staylo

• Moped
  • COG#: 12548
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 06:03:28 pm »
 I did the hyper light kit. I chose the brake light only option and mounted it using their optional license plate bracket. You just remove the license plate place the bracket behind it and screw the plate back on. Then your two LEDs mouth on either side of the license plate. All I had to do was drill a small hole in the stock fender the feed the wires through and then I pass them up through the whole under the tail section where the wiring for the license plate light passes through. They send all of the necessary connectors to tap into your brake lights. No Cutting of any wires necessary.

http://hyperlites.com
Lancaster County, PA
'11 C14

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12127
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 01:53:38 am »
I purchased a kit form a guy on here, GixerHP I believe, he sells a setup called switchback lights, all plug and play, no wires need to be cut. All LED lights, fronts are driving lights until you turn on blinker, then they blink yellow. Rear blinks yellow, when you step on brakes, blinkers light up red. Awesome setup, about 200 bucks.

Hmmmm I thought these were supposed to be plug n play but the set I received has two wires to splice, maybe my definition of plug and play is different then others!

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 02:03:03 am »
I did the hyper light kit. I chose the brake light only option and mounted it using their optional license plate bracket. You just remove the license plate place the bracket behind it and screw the plate back on. Then your two LEDs mouth on either side of the license plate. All I had to do was drill a small hole in the stock fender the feed the wires through and then I pass them up through the whole under the tail section where the wiring for the license plate light passes through. They send all of the necessary connectors to tap into your brake lights. No Cutting of any wires necessary.

http://hyperlites.com

Ditto.

Instructions available on the Hyperlite site.
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing

Offline flyboy3107

• Moped
  • COG#: 11978
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 09:23:42 am »

Hmmmm I thought these were supposed to be plug n play but the set I received has two wires to splice, maybe my definition of plug and play is different then others!
What two wires needed to be spliced?

Offline Diz

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 12056
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 09:39:04 am »
My kit did not have any wires to splice; plug in both front and back

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12127
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 10:05:22 am »
The set i recieved has the bulb and a plug in and some little rectangular metal piece and a black and red wire that has bare ends, i am not sure if mine came from gixer or modmyguages!

My mistake apologies to Gixxer.   
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:50:14 am by FTB530 »

Offline Spackler

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 02:38:35 am »
I installed an emergency vehicle LED light with several available flash patterns, as well as a steady burn available.

https://youtu.be/QrNBeVd9tNQ