Author Topic: Newbie looking for advice on throttle locks for a 2011 Concours  (Read 15818 times)

Offline TXsmokeater

• Tricycle
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 8345
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Newbie looking for advice on throttle locks for a 2011 Concours
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 01:36:10 am »
I bought the Go device not expecting much but maybe a little relief, and it preformed just as I expected.  For the most part, it holds the throttle long enough for a break.  I didn't use the silicone band it came with b/c I already have grip puppies on and didn't want to take them off.  So if you use the band, it might work better, providing more friction.  But well worth the $20.
Jason  '08 C14
"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" Davy Crockett

Offline Big Poppa

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9410
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 03:11:54 pm »
I bought the Go device not expecting much but maybe a little relief, and it preformed just as I expected.  For the most part, it holds the throttle long enough for a break.  I didn't use the silicone band it came with b/c I already have grip puppies on and didn't want to take them off.  So if you use the band, it might work better, providing more friction.  But well worth the $20.

:iagree:

I went with the Go Cruise mainly for throttle hand/wrist relief. I'm still not comfortable with using it as an actual cruise control.
2011 Concours 14 "Orca"
ROK# ROK100027109
AMA# 2660268

Offline none

• Mini Bike
  • Teleskier
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 04:55:19 pm »
As mentioned in an earlier post, I use the Kaoko. Very easy to install and very easy to activate with your pinky. Purchased through an adventure riding company in Reno, don't remember the name.

Offline JPavlis_CA

• San Jose CA
  • Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 2293
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 05:19:21 pm »
As mentioned in an earlier post, I use the Kaoko. Very easy to install and very easy to activate with your pinky. Purchased through an adventure riding company in Reno, don't remember the name.

Would that be Chad Olson's Adventure Moto Stuff in Carson City?  http://amotostuff.com/

Here's the link to the product...

http://www.amotostuff.com/kaoko/KAOKO_KAW200.html

Personally, I use an $18 NEP CC2 throttle lock - like the Vista Cruise mentioned before. Easy to mount with slight modification to the throttle lock.

Jim P.
All God's male children tend to be low-life, sleaze-ball, early apexers - Terry Earwood, Chief Instructor, Skip Barber Racing School.

Offline mehush

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11038
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 07:24:53 pm »
OK, I got a NEP throttle lock and it looks like it shuold work. My problem is how to get the grip to move out enough on the throttle tube to make room for the lock. I tried to work it out and all I got for trouble was a blister on my thumb. Even tried putting the grip warmers on full to heat the glue to no avail.

Anyone care to suggest a way to space out the grip w/o damaging it or the throttle?

Offline slidebite

• Road Bike
  • There is no "e" in "Concours"
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 11:57:58 pm »
I had a throttlemiester on my ST1100 but put a Kaoko on the 2010 Connie.

Tough to say which I like more, but I do really like the Kaoko so far.

Offline Timbo

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 01:09:50 am »
I tried the throttlemeister, didn't like it. Ordered and installed the McCruise and love it!

Offline motonerd14

• Nerd n' Ziggy
  • Street Cruiser
  • Go West, young man...
  • COG#: 9283
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2013, 07:55:19 pm »

:iagree:

I went with the Go Cruise mainly for throttle hand/wrist relief. I'm still not comfortable with using it as an actual cruise control.

This thread is quite useful! Leaving for the National in 18 days and was thinking of buying the Kaoko. I don't personally use cruise control in my car, let alone on my bike, but having something to temporarily keep the throttle open long enough to allow me to flex and shake out my hand would be lovely. Think I might order one of these tonight!
2012 C14 - 'Ziggy'
2005 KLR650 - 'Klara'

Offline notsluggo

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 10187
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2013, 10:02:47 pm »
I use an omni-cruise which is fine on level surfaces - provides option to shake out the right hand.
Runs about $50 or so - but is well made.
Get up to speed and use your thumb to rotate the lever down onto the front brake lever.  Simple as it gets.  You do have to roll the throttle off though - so be very aware of your surroundings.
Ride safe(r).
- notsluggo
2011 Concours 14 - The Silver Bullet!
2014 KLR650 - Kelly
Parker, CO

Offline Udoggie

• Scooter
  • COG#: 10480
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 05:34:12 am »

This thread is quite useful! Leaving for the National in 18 days and was thinking of buying the Kaoko. I don't personally use cruise control in my car, let alone on my bike, but having something to temporarily keep the throttle open long enough to allow me to flex and shake out my hand would be lovely. Think I might order one of these tonight!

I've got the Kaoko, and really like it.  It's easy to engage/disengage.  I don't like the look of the big plastic paddle rests.

Jeff

Offline X-UFO

• Bicycle
  • Just Ride
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 11101
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 12:19:48 pm »
http://www.aerostich.com/go-cruisetm-throttle-control-1.html

I got this one for $18 on sale 2 weeks ago.  Works well and is so simple.  Great for the money, but don't confuse it with a true electronic control.

2012 black Concours with two brothers Carbin black series slip on, LED Kit, Garnin GPS... And 1994 Honda CBR 1000F since New, Long Gone: 1984 Honda VFR 750 Intercepter, and yamaha DT-360 (two-stroke)  on/off.