Author Topic: Questions on Rostra install (2010 C-14)  (Read 580 times)

Offline Rembrant

• Low Brow Realist
  • Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Questions on Rostra install (2010 C-14)
« on: February 09, 2013, 06:19:46 pm »
Hello Folks,

I removed the Rostra CC kit from my 2008 C-14 and plan to install it on my 2010 C-14. Before pulling any of the body work off of my 2010, I simply assumed it was pretty much all going to go back in the same (or similar) location. I've searched on here and read a bit, and it looks like many of you have installed the control module (brick) on top of the RH air duct. This is fine, but stupid me, I just finished installing my HID balasts and controls in that very location.

Now, it's not really a big deal to relocate the HID stuff, but I was curious where else the control module can go? Or, should I just yank the HID stuff and move it?

Also, have you guys with the 2010-up C-14's used the control pad mount from Murph's? If so, did you simply remove the little plastic guard over the heated grip wire? I was thinking of drilling a hole in it big enough to install the mount on top of it...not sure if that will work yet, but it was my first thought.

Anyway, I'm not concerned about the wiring or throttle attachment...just the physical location(s) of the control module, actuator cable, and control pad.

Any suggestions, ideas, pictures, or links to threads with pictures that didn't come up in my searches would be very helpful.

TIA,
Rem
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline 4Cedars

• Bicycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Re: Questions on Rostra install (2010 C-14)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 07:10:27 pm »
Rem, On my 2010 I installed the module to the foam pad on the right side over the air duct. I then used a large piece of velcro to mount my aux fuse box to the top of the module, making it easy to reach under and pull it up for checking fuses if needed. You could mount your ballasts in the same manner to the top of the module.

The cable goes under the plastic cover at the front of the tank and down. The cable length is perfect for the mounting location.

Originally I mounted the pad bracket to the throttle side after removing the plastic guard, then cut the guard to fit after mounting the control pad. After using the controls over there I found I did not like that location and made a bracket to mount the pad on the left side above the electrical housing next to the grip. I put an angle in the bracket so I was able to reach up with my thumb and use the control pad.

I could post some pictures of the control pad mount and location if you need.

John
IBA# 45862
MTF Tourers Assistant
2012 Tour of Honor State Sponsor (IL)
2013 Tour of Honor State Sponsor (IL and IN)