Author Topic: Rear Luggage Rack  (Read 602 times)

Offline RoadKillHeaven

• How hard can it be? 。◕‿◕。
  • Scooter
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Rear Luggage Rack
« on: July 10, 2017, 08:17:01 am »
OE C14 plastic luggage rack seems flimsy! I have this 60L+ box(Pelican) I used on my previous ADV bike. After some SWAG time, I decided to build my own rack to be able to securely attach somewhat humongous box. 
I used 3/16 Aluminium plate and 1" square stock.
The box itself  has an aluminium substrate that will be bolted down to the rack itself via 4 countersunk crews. 
IMHO, it came out half way decent!

Cheers...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:44:17 am by RoadKillHeaven »

Offline dlama

• Denny
  • Mini Bike
  • "The path of the righteous"
    • Company Website under construction
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12260
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Rear Luggage Rack
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 01:42:32 am »
Nice! That out to hold the Pelican case nicely. You can carry the whole kit and caboodle with you now. I'm impressed with you guys who have metalworking skills. The rest of us get out our checkbooks and go to Phil's Farkels and he makes a great rack for a buck fifty. Then there are the others who also make great racks. But I'm a Phils fan...
Denny LaMaster

2005 Concours 1000 in Pearl Lustre Beige. On/Off petcock, Madstad 18" bronze screen, Throttle Meister, Murph's tip over bars w Hiway Pegs, Avons Storm 3D 110/80/18 -Cobra 160/80/16 SWEET... 2012 C14 Arabian Red, K&N  Russell Day Long dual heat, Phils Rack, ST Horizon Bars, Bestem 929 w top rack / LEDs, Buck's Hwy Pegs, MadStad Bracket on CalSci XL tall/wide. Time to Ride...

Offline RoadKillHeaven

• How hard can it be? 。◕‿◕。
  • Scooter
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Rear Luggage Rack
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 05:10:52 am »
Thanks!
 I can't help myself. I have to fabricate things or tinker, otherwise I go mad from boredom!