Author Topic: Sargent Seat  (Read 672 times)

Offline George

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Sargent Seat
« on: July 31, 2018, 03:05:30 am »
I just bought a new 2018 C14 and have been experiencing the forward push of the stock seat. Just received a Sargent seat today. Comparing the two visually and by sitting on them on the bike, I don't notice much of any difference. Reviews that I've read on the Sargent seat are all relative to pre-2015 Connie's before the seat was redesigned. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of the two seats to know if the Sargent is a significant upgrade to the 2018 OEM seat? If I test ride it, I own it.

Offline Road Runner

• Street Cruiser
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12399
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Sargent Seat
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 01:03:51 am »
I just bought a new 2018 C14 and have been experiencing the forward push of the stock seat. Just received a Sargent seat today. Comparing the two visually and by sitting on them on the bike, I don't notice much of any difference. Reviews that I've read on the Sargent seat are all relative to pre-2015 Connie's before the seat was redesigned. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of the two seats to know if the Sargent is a significant upgrade to the 2018 OEM seat? If I test ride it, I own it.

As so many have mentioned, everyone's tail/seat/whatever is different and what works for one doesn't work for another. I tried a Sargent for several month on both long and short trips. Sold it and went back to my stock seat. Maybe someday I'll have Seth Liam rework it, but low priority for me right now. I'm lightweight and do 500-600 mile days on the stock seat ... believe it or not
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"

Offline Shawn

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 12217
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 02:01:09 am »
After 750 m. this past sunday on my sargent, I'm buying one of these...
'14 C14 Black

Offline Ranger Jim

• Iron Butt
  • COG#: 6720
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 10:23:30 am »
You might also consider a Baldwin seat. Loren is a great guy who does excellent work. He rides a C14.
JIM CULP
OtP Jr. Slave Laborer (Safety)

If you can't be a good example; be a WARNING!