Author Topic: Side Case Lids  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Randy

• Big Wheels
  • Randy Wagner
  • AREA: Concours Owners Group (COG)
  • COG#: 9209
  • Membership Level: Active
Side Case Lids
« on: January 19, 2011, 07:44:44 pm »
I'd pay a lot for a good set of slim-line lids for the standard C14 side cases.  Tired of fighting the battle of the bulge on the days when I don't need all that capacity.  Anybody  out there making such a thing?

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
Re: Side Case Lids
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:36:28 pm »
I don't know of anybody making thinner lids. You may have to go with soft panniers or something up top. I normally use a bag on the rear seat or rack most of the time. My panniers normally are only on the bike on trips and the rare occasion that I need storage space.

Offline doug

• Road Bike
  • 'On The Road Again.. just can't wait..'
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9344
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:46:55 pm »
That was my thought too Bob.. But I know I have seen other bag manufacturers with various size lids.

And Randy I think it's a great idea as well, but I think they need to make modern lids for the Samsonite luggage of the C10 as well! They also need a good bag to bag over the rear seat case as well with driver back rest built in for those long 1 up trips... And a guitar carrier... and a rifle scabbord... and a pistol case... and knobby tires... :P
ConRad the Concours... 2006 C-10 new to me 10/21/2010. 3,1xx miles old at purchase! "Blessed beyond reason"   COG #9344  CDA#0334

Offline Rev Ryder

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
  • We came. We saw. We Concours-ed.
    • Presbychuck
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 7235
  • Membership Level: Executive Director
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 10:49:54 pm »
And Randy I think it's a great idea as well, but I think they need to make modern lids for the Samsonite luggage of the C10 as well!

I have a set in the works Dougie.  We'll see how they turn out but it will be summer before they're done.  No time or money right now.
Fortis non Ferox
 Shafties Can't Wheelie