Author Topic: Uclear 100  (Read 523 times)

Offline smooth_operator

• government isn't the solution to our problems. government is the problem!
  • Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 10773
  • Membership Level: Active
Uclear 100
« on: September 14, 2018, 03:37:47 pm »
Thanks to a member, I was able to purchase a set of Uclear 100's for my and the war departments helmets. Now she doesn't have to wait to get home to complain about my riding ;D. They work pretty well, but sometimes I get an echo of what I'm saying. volume is adequate for me as I always wear earplugs to protect what little hearing I have left. My favorite thing is to be able to listen to tunes off youtube or an mp3. Enjoyed a nice ride yesterday listening to Clapton's "From the Cradle", an excellent album you all should give a listen to. Last time I had tunes on a bike I was playing a cassette player in my coat with earphones! my how times change.  Rock on Brothers and Sisters! :great: :beerchug: :motonoises:  Also the phone feature is nice. all you have to do is say "hello" when someone calls and you're connected.
75 MT 125 Esinore   73 CB 360T  82 Virago 920  08 Metropolitan II "step through"  2012 C14  Candy Arabian Red

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties that standing armies.
--Thomas Jefferson
 CDA 553                               END THE FED!!

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12649
Re: Uclear 100
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 12:05:06 am »
Agreed!
After riding for 20+ years with no earplugs, and no music -- having a bluetooth device wired into the helmet is truly revolutionary, and makes riding any distance so much more enjoyable!

welcome to the party.

now get off your cell phone!  :))

gr
..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...

Offline smooth_operator

• government isn't the solution to our problems. government is the problem!
  • Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 10773
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 10:20:32 am »
Agreed!
After riding for 20+ years with no earplugs, and no music -- having a bluetooth device wired into the helmet is truly revolutionary, and makes riding any distance so much more enjoyable!

welcome to the party.

now get off your cell phone!  :))

gr

Hate all phones, barely ever use it. Been cut off too many times by texting, yakking morons!! :steeringwheel:
75 MT 125 Esinore   73 CB 360T  82 Virago 920  08 Metropolitan II "step through"  2012 C14  Candy Arabian Red

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties that standing armies.
--Thomas Jefferson
 CDA 553                               END THE FED!!

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12649
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 12:06:55 pm »
Tongue in cheek.

We ALL hate cell phones.  becoming worse than the deer threat.  :-[

gr
..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6197
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 04:22:29 pm »
I used Uclear 100 for a long time.  It always had more issues with coms when there was not a clear path from both mics to your voice.  My full face and hers really don't allow that.  It is worse if one mic is pointed correct and the other not.  It worked when needed, below 50 mostly but by the end we both used it most for the music.  I never did calls but it worked. I mostly listen to stuff I know at a low volume between towns.
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107