Author Topic: Zumo 665 and Cardo Q3 headset..  (Read 9355 times)

Offline C14lvr

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Zumo 665 and Cardo Q3 headset..
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 10:43:28 pm »
Honestly, I've wanted a Zumo for a while now.
Been using a Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT. It's crap.
Paid $200 for it.

Last Christmas, bought a Nuvi 50 cheap... $75.
It's crap.

I keep searching through all the Zumo line, reading reviews. Can't seem to find one that works as advertised, and will bluetooth correctly with a cell and a G9... Regardless if I were to spend up to $800!

Thought about the Zumo 350, then read it's not even designed to pair to a cell. $700...

Frankly, I'm fed up with Garmin, their 1400 "different" models and prices....
Not even their suction cup dash mounts hold in the heat more than a few hours!
Every time I go to get in either truck, my GPS's are in the floor, mount and all.
Pathetic.

I thought about going with the Zumo 665, but haven't heard any good reviews for it either.

Surprised that no one has sued Garmin for their high priced crap yet.
 >:(
2011 C14 ABS (current bike)
1982 Yamaha XJ1100J (sold)
1979 Yamaha XS11 (3200 original miles)
In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
"What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Offline rob

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 11:45:19 pm »
Hey man, that's the way of the world now...crappy, imperfect technology that we're supposed to pay out the a** for, while dealing with incompetent people when something goes wrong!!

Offline C14lvr

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 11:56:47 pm »
Hey man, that's the way of the world now...crappy, imperfect technology that we're supposed to pay out the a** for, while dealing with incompetent people when something goes wrong!!

Boy, is THAT the TRUTH!!!

You wouldn't believe the problems I've had from US Cellular over the past 6 months!
Seems they experienced a problem with a software upgrade rollout, postponed it for 3 weeks, now they have everyone's bill fubar'd.

It's rediculous. I was promised last month it would be fixed by now, got a text yesterday it wasn't, had to call. On hold for 50 minutes... Again.
Needless to say, after all the problems I've had with their crappy Android phones and service, screwing up my bill for 6 months is the last straw.

But, I digress... It does seem to be the way of the world today.
I sure get sick of laying my hard earned cash down, then finding out I'm their free beta-tester, though. :-[

Then there was the screwed up download of OS7 on my IPad 4....
Then there was the troubles with my ATT UVerse... Those are some unbelievable folks...
It has not been a great month for me with technology.....
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:03:13 am by C14lvr »

Offline Gypsy JR

• American Gypsy
  • I Need a Life
  • Living the Gypsy Life
  • COG#: 9279
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 08:30:33 am »
You could do like I did, and buy a Zumo 550. Wait 6 months for it to go bad, get a replacement. Wait 4 months for it to go bad, get a replacement. Wait 6 months for it to go bad. Garmin gets embarrassed, comps a new Zumo 665 to me free of charge and grand-fathers it into the Zumo 550 account with lifetime maps. Score!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017 Forest River Flagstaff Super-V 27VRL travel trailer
Where are you? [insert random forest name]

Offline Egodriver71

• Crotch Rocket
  • I'm in here somewhere
  • COG#: 8321
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2013, 10:58:41 am »
Paid $200 for it.

It's crap.

I keep searching through all the Zumo line, reading reviews. Can't seem to find one that works as advertised, and will bluetooth correctly with a cell and a G9... Regardless if I were to spend up to $800!

Thought about the Zumo 350, then read it's not even designed to pair to a cell. $700...

Every time I go to get in either truck, my GPS's are in the floor, mount and all.
Pathetic.

I thought about going with the Zumo 665, but haven't heard any good reviews for it either.

Wow, intersting as I haven't read/heard many people that dissatisfied with their ZUMO.

I just mentioned above about mine working great.  It has limitations and I miss the quick access buttons my StreetPilot 2820 had, but I think it is a really good unit.  Is it really worth the $800 I paid, well, it is the ONLY unit on the market to Bluetooth stream XM radio.  So, I'm guessing it has to be since I did pay that much for it and I have no regrets.

I live in FL and yes the suction cups eventually come off, but usually only after a few weeks for me.  Do you keep you windshield clean?  Do you smoke in you vehicle?  That smoke film is a b!tch to get off as I've had to do that on a few used vehicles I have purchased.

Do throw in the towel yet.

And as for suing, it is a consumer product, if it doesn't work like you want, there are others out there.  The issues you have mentioned do not cause loss of life or other trauma, so any lawsuit would be frivolous.
Thomas Mann
Jacksonville, FL

COG #8321

1930 Indian 101 Scout (the first bike)(still in the garage)
1986 Yamaha Radian (the first modern bike)(Sold)
1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 500LTD (the wife's first bike)
1996 Kawasaki Eliminator (Wife's)
1999 Kawasaki Concours (The Warbird)
2006 Kawasaki Vuclan 900 (Wife's)
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 (Totaled)
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 (Second Chance)

Offline C14lvr

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2013, 09:06:38 pm »
Paid $200 for it.

It's crap.

Pathetic.

Wow, intersting as I haven't read/heard many people that dissatisfied with their ZUMO.

I just mentioned above about mine working great.  It has limitations and I miss the quick access buttons my StreetPilot 2820 had, but I think it is a really good unit.  Is it really worth the $800 I paid, well, it is the ONLY unit on the market to Bluetooth stream XM radio.  So, I'm guessing it has to be since I did pay that much for it and I have no regrets.

I live in FL and yes the suction cups eventually come off, but usually only after a few weeks for me.  Do you keep you windshield clean?  Do you smoke in you vehicle?  That smoke film is a b!tch to get off as I've had to do that on a few used vehicles I have purchased.

Do throw in the towel yet.

And as for suing, it is a consumer product, if it doesn't work like you want, there are others out there.  The issues you have mentioned do not cause loss of life or other trauma, so any lawsuit would be frivolous.

Non-smoker. I don't use the suction cup on the glass. I use the flat pad plate Garmin furnishes.
No problem with the plate to the dash. It's the cup to the plate that refuses to stay suctioned.
Not just one gps, but both. Very frustrating.

As for the suing statement, anybody can be sued for anything these days, frivolous or not.
Of course, if Garmin tries to make good to everyone the sell to as well as they did for JR...

Wow, Dude! You definitely came out great in the end on that deal, but I see all the trouble you went through, too.

My frustrations stem from most of the other things I've bought in the past couple years, (mostly electronics,) that have not worked as advertised, and the company's don't stand behind their stuff, have a ton of excuses, and no solutions. Most have tried to pass the blame to someone else.

Just glad that one of those things I've bought in the past 2 years that DOES WORK is my Connie!
It has restored my faith in some products...especially Kawasaki products.

Offline C14lvr

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2013, 10:19:45 pm »
Update;

2 weeks ago I gave US Cellular the big heave-ho. Had enough.

Went with ATT, and an IPhone 5S.
So far, so good. Bluetooth seems to work better with the G9.

Siri occasionally seems to have trouble finding people I have listed in my address book, though!
(Even when bluetoothed to my car's speakerphone...)

Also noticed that manually answering the phone w/o using voice commands will mis-route the audio.
Comes out the phone's speaker instead of my G9 speakers in the helmet!
Works fine using voice commands...

Hey, at least my bill's $40/ mo cheaper now. Better signal, too.
As I said before, regardless of what I've bought when it comes to electronics, trouble.