Author Topic: 1986 C10 for sale or trade for good running cruiser ( Milwaukee )  (Read 882 times)

Offline X

• Moped
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Tried this last November and figured I would see if there was any interest again.

I am not 100% sure I want to but the thought has been rolling around a lot lately. I don't ride very much anymore and when I do its months between rides. I blew out my knee 2 years ago and between the riding position and shifting, it's very painful. I may want to go back to a cruiser. I have never beaten on the bike, performed maintenance when it was due and over the years put some good money in her. I am located in Milwaukee and willing to let a fellow COG member take her for the right price but most of all, only if I have no doubt that its the right thing to do.

1986 Silverdammit - Under 24k ( possibly 124k not 100% sure, I'll explain below )
No side bags or Rails
Murphs buzzless kit with bar ends
Holeshot Exhaust
New upgraded Jbox also have a spare both done by Larry from Buck Sport Touring
Manual Cam adjuster - 2 years old
Clutch replaced 6 years ago - new star spring
SISF rebuilt carbs last year with the 2-minute mod
Free Power mod
New Battery - Yuasa - purchased in April
Gustafsson opaque black G-force 11in shield

Things that need attention or have issues

Tires - Avon Azaro - need replacing ( starting to dry rot )

Speedo - used to whine on cold days now seems to whine more and more - tried lubing it a few times, probably needs better hands on.

Front tire fender has a small crack - its moves and can be repaired just haven't gotten around to fixing it.

Front faring crack from grill up to shield, very minor and never thought to fix it.

Rear Brake caliper piston is slow to release at times when it sits, more than likely just needs to be rebuilt but never was a issue riding but if it sits for long periods it stiffens up and after a few minutes of riding goes back to normal operating without dragging the pads

Missing a few faring screws here and there, one or maybe less than 3 tabs broke off through the years, I always try to replace them when needed.

Sun faded paint, clear coat peeling from the tank with a few scratches where my jacket zipper would rub by the tank near the seat.

The bike runs great. The hole shots give her a very distinct growl and is very smooth. The mileage has always been a mystery to me. I am supposedly the 2nd owner. The guy I bought her from back in 2005/2004 did a side job and as payment, the owner gave him the Connie as payment. From what I was told the owner bought it new and rarely rode the bike. It sat in a garage for many years and was gathering dust thus why it was sold. The current mileage on the bike I believe is 23,719. I was told the mileage when I bought it (something like 16-18k ) were original miles. Which shows I rode it very little myself only because I have had other motorcycles and used her mainly for 2up riding when the woman and I went out. It does not look like the speedo has flipped as the 2 is dead center. I could be totally wrong but I have never done an owner history on the bike ( never was sure if I could ) and took what information was given to me for truth.

Lastly, like I said I am not 100% sure I want to sell her but figured I would see if there may be any interest. If there is and for the right offer, she could be in better hands. I love the bike , more than anything I have ever ridden. I've sold every bike to always get something better but always kept my girl. If you want to take a test ride send me a pm and we can talk about a time and see what the offer may be.

http://imgur.com/5Kr9f7Q
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:50:58 am by X »
86 ZG1000 A-1
Her name is Connie - What else would it be?
Milwaukee Pride lets ride..

Offline X

• Moped
Re: 1986 C10 for sale or trade for good running cruiser ( Milwaukee )
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 01:53:11 am »
Still looking to move her, I haven't had the time to take her out of hibernation from winter yet. First $1,000 takes her.
86 ZG1000 A-1

Offline ManWorkingHere

• Blue Streake
  • Street Cruiser
  • 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
  • COG#: 9292
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 06:24:06 pm »
Hope you get a bite from someone who knows a long-lasting bike is just $1K away...

Good luck!

MWH (in Milwaukee too)
after 2012 Rally
  Concours 2001 (Blue Streak)  COG#9292

Offline Woody

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 05:40:59 pm »
do you have the side bags?

Offline X

• Moped
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 03:09:18 am »
Sorry I do not. I sold those and the rails years ago.
86 ZG1000 A-1

Offline The Wizard

• Been riding since I was 9 yrs.old.getting to be old fart.
  • Crotch Rocket
  • 'match need with source(used parts)'
    • have a need find a source/parts are parts
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 11328
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 07:25:56 am »
Woody I have saddlebags,rails and the antlers,($900)$1000 is decent price with that low mileage.   The Wizard
1964 Honda 55,1971 Honda CL 100,numerous Honda 350 twins,1971 Honda CL 450,1974 Honda CB 750(stolen),1971 Moto Guzzi Ambasador/Velorex sidecar,1975 Kawasaki Z1B
1976 Honda Goldwing (fully dressed)1973 Honda CB 450,1982 Yamaha Virago 750
1977 BMW R100/7(full dress) later Velorex sidecar mounted,1978 Yamaha XS750,1987 BMW K100RS
1996 Honda shadow 1100 ace,2000 Kawasaki Concours,1998,99,98,98+88,90+99 Concours for resurrection           CDA#540

Offline X

• Moped
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 12:22:26 pm »
Price drop before winter comes. $800.00, needs a battery...
86 ZG1000 A-1