Offline tercopete

• New Rider wiith 94 zg1000
  • Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
help
« on: August 25, 2017, 09:19:36 pm »
my 94 kawasaki zg1000 key ignition is giving many problems after going up in fire. I lost all of my front cowling and side engine panels. i have opted out of getting used crowing since its simply just too costly. With many thanks to my neighbor who has purchased the used parts (in trade for repairing his car) great trade. But my ignition is blowing fuses left and right and Im hoping someone may have an old one but equivalent that i can have and use. i did check all the wiring harness and took care of all frail wires one at a time. So if anyone can assist my deepest gratitude is greatly extended. email me if further information is needed and I dont care if its a different key see bike damage and process on my facebook

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 09:32:24 pm »
A post called "Help" is pretty vague...
Anyways , this should be in the "parts emporium section"...
There are people there with parts for sale.... and I'm sure you can find what you need...
Talk to this guy...
http://forum.cog-online.org/c-10-emporium/wizard-needs-buyers-of-parts/msg602949/#msg602949

Meanwhile, this may be moved there, so don't double post....please,

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Offline DC Concours

• Crotch Rocket
  • 2001 Concours, ~17K miles
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 09:51:19 pm »
yes. change your topic heading. "help" is vague.

and why are you still riding a bike that caught on fire?

Offline ZX6Rob

• Bicycle
  • My Ninja's not fat, she's just big-framed.
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 11813
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 10:26:09 pm »
my 94 kawasaki zg1000 key ignition is giving many problems after going up in fire. I lost all of my front cowling and side engine panels. i have opted out of getting used crowing since its simply just too costly. With many thanks to my neighbor who has purchased the used parts (in trade for repairing his car) great trade. But my ignition is blowing fuses left and right and Im hoping someone may have an old one but equivalent that i can have and use. i did check all the wiring harness and took care of all frail wires one at a time. So if anyone can assist my deepest gratitude is greatly extended. email me if further information is needed and I dont care if its a different key see bike damage and process on my facebook

Pete, I really hate to have to say this, because I love these old bikes as much as anyone here, but...  it's time to let that ol' girl go.  It's already caught on fire once, and now you're experiencing blown fuses and electrical problems.  This thing sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.  Again.

How, ah, how did it catch on fire, anyway?
motorcycle, n. (mō'-dər-sīk-(ə)l) - 1. A large, leaky container of various dangerous, viscous, and difficult-to-clean fluids.

2001 ZG1000 Concours

Offline tercopete

• New Rider wiith 94 zg1000
  • Training Wheels
fire in front only
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 10:30:15 pm »
bike suffered damages 85 % crowling and front harness for headlight, signal fuses were blowing from the key ignition no other wire damage done and when you cant work and have no income its all i can do to not go insame

Offline WillyP

• I Need a Life
  • Live Free Or Die
    • Suncook Carpentry
  • COG#: 8799
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 11:10:38 pm »
I've saved bikes from scrap that had far more fire damage... but...

! No longer available

When you can't work and have no income is a good time to learn diagnostic troubleshooting... not throw random parts at it.

Start with a simple and no-cost inspection of the wiring harness. You are likely to turn up some melted wires.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.
pics

Offline The Wizard

• Been riding since I was 9 yrs.old.getting to be old fart.
  • Crotch Rocket
  • 'match need with source(used parts)'
    • have a need find a source/parts are parts
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 11328
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 07:31:54 am »
The Wizard here,WillyP has the right idea,and after you do that let me know what parts you need?We'll work it out in your favor.    Jerry
1964 Honda 55,1971 Honda CL 100,numerous Honda 350 twins,1971 Honda CL 450,1974 Honda CB 750(stolen),1971 Moto Guzzi Ambasador/Velorex sidecar,1975 Kawasaki Z1B
1976 Honda Goldwing (fully dressed)1973 Honda CB 450,1982 Yamaha Virago 750
1977 BMW R100/7(full dress) later Velorex sidecar mounted,1978 Yamaha XS750,1987 BMW K100RS
1996 Honda shadow 1100 ace,2000 Kawasaki Concours,1998,99,98,98+88,90+99 Concours for resurrection           CDA#540