Author Topic: Lower Price->Corbin 2-Piece (custom sized rear holds you in place)-350 shipped  (Read 670 times)

Offline jimbob_sf

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 8437
  • Membership Level: Active
This is a Corbin 2-piece that you can find all kinds of information on.  What makes this one unique?  I live near the Hollister, CA factory and had the back piece built out a bit so you don't slide inches back when you twist the throttle.  The leather is in perfect condition and always treated with Lexol every 3 months.  It's seen rain once.

Corbin seats aren't light, so I've added $25 to cover shipping.  I'm posting a number of other items for handlebars too.

Edit: I added pictures of the Corbin (with the big Corbin trunk) and Seth Lamm seat (also riding distance) - LOOK DOWN FOR BOTH PICTURES - it takes 30 minutes to post pictures on this forum.  There are more rules than the IRS...

I have to say there is nothing like the feeling of having the huge backrest the Corbin offers.  Notice that my knees are just about in the same position on both.  The bars are Helibars Horizon ST and the Highway Pegs are from a great guy in Florida I got a few years ago.

Pair one of these seats, the Horizon ST, Pegs, Traxxion AK-20 fork cartriges, and a RaceTech GS-3 shock and you really can ride this thing all day.  Of course those parts are about equal to the value of the bike these days...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:55:48 am by jimbob_sf »

Offline PolterGeist

• Tricycle
  • COG# 12180
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Corbin 2-Piece (custom sized rear holds you in place)-425 shipped
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 03:39:58 am »
I wish we were closer... I would love my wife to try the back seat.. She hates the factory seat..

2014 Candy Cardinal Red Connie

Offline COGnosticator

• SE AAD
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG 4478
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 4478
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 06:42:14 am »
I am somewhat  interested but it looks like the back seat would takes up a lot of front seat space.  Also, what is that metal bar for.

Thanks
Jerry Holland  COG  4478
2013 C14 (1986, 2000, 2001 C10 and 2009 C14)
Man, you were hauling a** the other day when I passed you

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
  • Ted calls me Cap'n Crunch.
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12210
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 09:48:16 am »
That metal bar is part of the seat mount.

09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.

Offline jimbob_sf

• Tricycle
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 06:03:11 pm »
I am somewhat  interested but it looks like the back seat would takes up a lot of front seat space.  Also, what is that metal bar for.

I'm 6"1 and there is plenty of room. I'm digging for a picture with me on it.

Offline COGnosticator

• SE AAD
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG 4478
  • COG#: 4478
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 10:08:18 am »
Do you have a picture of out on your bike.  If so post it up please.  I am headed to Suches thus weekend but I will be home Sunday.
Jerry Holland  COG  4478
2013 C14 (1986, 2000, 2001 C10 and 2009 C14)
Man, you were hauling a** the other day when I passed you

Offline jimbob_sf

• Tricycle
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 01:57:47 am »
I do.  I'll post it over the weekend.

Offline jimbob_sf

• Tricycle
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 10:04:53 pm »
Pictures...

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12649
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 02:15:19 pm »
Interesting seat combo....Ive never seen this one before.

Out of curiosity:

My experience with most Corbins is that they're HARD, and limited cush/padding.
Any comments on the "cushiness" of yours??

I'm currently on a Baldwin GT saddle, I've come to really appreciate the extra boltstering it provides for my legs that most other
seats dont have.

I've been looking for options for some kind of backrest support, as I think this would be ideal for my long range comfort, and the upward slope of that
back seat would solve one problem that my pillion often complains about: sliding forward during braking.

Not trying to bomb your sale, just curious if you can provide some additional feedback on your saddle.

Thanks!
..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...

Offline Jerdurr

• Scooter
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 02:41:41 pm »
the Horizons look awesome!

were they hard to install? All i keep thinking about them is how annoying it must be to extend the brake / clutch lines...
looks like a very comfy riding position though! :great:
Best,

JD

--Harley Davidson is king when it comes to turning gas into smoke, without the outcome of power--

Offline jimbob_sf

• Tricycle
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 07:07:03 pm »
My Corbin uses their softer compound, but it is on the firmer side of stock, Sargent, or Seth Lamm's.

The Horizon's weren't difficult to put in and took a day or two of adjusting the angles.  I actually would like the wrists to angle towards me a few more degrees, but are otherwise perfect and rock steady.  Longer SS lines and re-routing the cables wasn't daunting, but just took some thinking.  I had re-routed all my cables years ago and gotten two sets of upper SS brake lines and two clutch cables (one for stock length and one for other extenders I had).  I think I used EBC and I just told them to make a set of SS lines for the C14, but 3" longer.

In retrospect, I now know no matter what bike I get (with few exceptions), just get Traxxion cartridges and a RaceTech (others should be good too) shock.  Is the $ worth it?  Yes, it is.  Not only is the damping amazingly compliant, but I back off the throttle in turns well before this 750lb bike hints at being uncomfortable.

Offline Tim

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12654
PM Sent...

I would like to purchase your Corbin seat, if it will fit a 2013 C14.