Author Topic: how do I get money back  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Clay

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 11757
  • Membership Level: Active
how do I get money back
« on: October 13, 2014, 05:02:50 am »
Please tell me how to get money back VERY DISSATISFIED I don't want to slam the web site but it sucks please just point me to the direction to refund and quit wasting my time with this web site 

Offline Clay

• Big Wheels
Re: how do I get money back
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 05:14:37 am »
Sorry did not tell why
I tried to post a question in zg1000 area and it says already made a post try again and can't post pics unless your a college grad in IT so maybe I'm just to slow but not right for me and from other post I've read theres more than just my problems

Online Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director (Past)
  • I Need a Life
  • COG#: 9932
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 12:08:57 pm »
Hey Clay, Mark Hartman your ever grateful Area Director. Let me know when your available and I'll try to help (though I'm 'puter challenged too).
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby. Still in it to Win it.

Offline gPink

• Iron Butt
  • MMVIII C XIV
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 12:16:52 pm »
I thought the web site was still free.  :popcorn:

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6197
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 02:45:41 pm »
Forum use is free, membership in the actual club which pays for the forum is cheaper than a coke a day.  With all the users on the forum and not that many complaints I am sure it is the clubs fault.
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107

Offline RodWpg

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 03:20:54 pm »
I want my money back too dern it! Not because I am having any trouble with the forum.....I just need to buy  some crack and I am a little short.  :(
2003 concours winnipeg manitoba canada

Offline Clay

• Big Wheels
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 01:37:52 am »
So its not about the money just frustrated

Online Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director (Past)
  • I Need a Life
  • COG#: 9932
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 01:43:55 am »
So its not about the money just frustrated
I hear ya. These guy's are just funning. PM'd ya. Lemme know. It's why I'm here.  :beerchug:
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby. Still in it to Win it.

Offline gsun

• Sport Tourer
  • CDA #560
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9127
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 03:16:20 am »
 :rotflmao: Oopps...sorry...

The whole internet sucks. Get used to it.

Offline CBX-Bob

• Scooter
  • COG#: 11241
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 10:54:07 pm »
Clay, I'm a new member (just renewed a couple days ago) and believe my dues are well spent. Give the club another chance, this stuff (the  Web stuff) can be worked out.  I know it's not about the money, we all get frustrated from time to time, give the Area Director (Volunteer) a chance to straighten things out.
Fellow Member
Bob
2002 Connie, 82 CBX Nakid, 82 CBX Dressed

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • COG#: 4154
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 11:06:18 pm »
You may have already tried this,, but here is How to Post Pictures..

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,14832.0.html

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Online Gumby

• Officer
  • Sport Tourer
  • Black 2011
  • COG#: 10640
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 11:16:21 pm »
Clay, come out to one of the events, meet and ride with some COG members. If you still want your money back I will refund ya. This is NOT all about the forum.

Take Mark up on his offer, he can help you out with the website and direct you to upcoming events.  :motonoises:

:welcome:

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 01:19:50 am »
Clay, come out to one of the events, meet and ride with some COG members. If you still want your money back I will refund ya. This is NOT all about the forum.

Take Mark up on his offer, he can help you out with the website and direct you to upcoming events.  :motonoises:

:goodpost: :stupid:  :beerchug:

BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline coffee_brake

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 7653
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 01:49:34 am »
Yeah really Clay, your money ain't paying for this price-line, generic-type forum, it's paying for this AMAZING organization called COG, for all us Connie riders!
I hope I get to meet you soon!

Even if a bus ran over my Connie tomorrow, I've had so much fun, and met so many GOOD PEOPLE in COG, that I'd still stay a member just so I could call myself one of them.

Let's see...

There was the time I was freezing to death in CO because I didn't know how cold it was on those mountain passes in June, and I called a COG member in my membership handbook, and that guy loaned me cold-weather camping gear and we're still email buddies to this day.

Then this other COG member contacted me out of the blue to ride out to my very first National Rally with a small group, and they didn't know me but they treated me like family. We were all COGgers and by the second day's ride, we were all good friends.

There's nothing like that feeling when you show up to a gathering of COG members. They don't know you, but they approach you as soon as you get your helmet off, to say hello, shake your hand, and welcome you. Doesn't matter if you ride slow or fast, ride new or old, know them all or call them all "hey you" for the first year. They still offer a collective welcome.
Plop down at any table where the COG is doing a thing, and you'll have a table-full of new riding buddies by the time the meal is over. Spread the word that you want to go on a group ride but you don't know anybody, and I guarantee they'll be waiting there for you to show up next morning for somebody's planned ride, somewhere.

This thing goes like this: you get out what you put in. Put yourself among us and stick your hand out so we can make friends with you. We're good people, good riders, all with our faults but we are WAY, WAY more than this forum. Stick around!
Jenn in "Chaahlston, y'all...."

Offline dan4aspen

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 02:14:49 am »
Clay, I too am reasonably new to the forums here, about 6 months now.  So far I have met 8 people in my area. 

1 of which has been kind enough to loan me his garage, and time, lots of it to rebuild my bike after it was hit by a mini van while Connie was parked at work.  Here is my thank you thread, to name just a few.  http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,54794.msg402387.html#msg402387

Then there is Steve aka SiSF, or Obi Steve Kanobi, the wise one who spent hours with me to not only get my carbs fixed, but help me source parts, what issues I would run in too, etc, etc. 

This group is a great group. Agree about the pain of picture posting, as I too have had my own issues with that.  The limit is about 300 pixels.  If you load a picture in paint, and size by pixels, and save as a .png, you shouldn't have any issues.  Also, you could open a photo bucket account and load your pics in there, and post link to your post.  As the saying goes, join for the bikes, STAY for the people. 

Hope you decide to stick around awhile, and give COG a real chance!!!
BURN RUBBER, NOT YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Offline runnerb0y

• Street Cruiser
  • If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
  • COG#: 10517
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 03:00:26 pm »

:goodpost: :stupid:  :beerchug:

Clay,

Whatever event you participate in, just make sure Gumby and ZG are not part of it.  :D  We don't want the "image" of the average COG member to be reflected in these two jokers.   ;D

All kidding aside.  They are correct, the few bucks goes to support the website and the organization are monies well spent (in my book).  I just renewed my membership for a third year and I feel it's money that will return to me in camaraderie, knowledge, and entertainment (just follow some of Gumby's or ZG's posts - they're very entertaining).

I figure I've easily saved $37 per year from learning through others' experiences of what accessory (farkel) to buy or not buy, which shops to frequent and which ones to avoid like the ebola plague and, of course, which oil and tires to purchase.  :))
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
| COG#: 10517  |  2012 C14 - Candy Arabian Red  | 

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • COG#: 4154
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 05:30:10 pm »
Err, additional COG benefits: I have done this:::

If you use your COG membership Card, present it to the "Parts Manager" at Kawasaki shops, and simply ask for a discount, (because your in a Kawasaki Club) Many will give you 5% off on parts...

But, you have to ask . Express the fact that it is something "other" Kawasaki shops do for COGgers...

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 07:44:01 pm »

Whatever event you participate in, just make sure Gumby and ZG are not part of it.  :D  We don't want the "image" of the average COG member to be reflected in these two jokers.   ;D

and entertainment (just follow some of Gumby's or ZG's posts - they're very entertaining).

;D :beerchug: :campfire:

BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2014, 06:24:37 am »
I figure I've easily saved $37 per year from learning through others' experiences of what accessory (farkel) to buy or not buy, which shops to frequent and which ones to avoid like the ebola plague and, of course, which oil and tires to purchase.  :))

and don't forget all the "free" abuse we dish out in the sado-masochistic sense.. heck, if I got paid for each word, I really wouldn't need a job... hell, i'd even buy a round of drinks..( that'll never happen..bwaaahaaaaaa.) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:15:34 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Derick

• Road Bike
    • BeginnerBikers.org
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 07:35:32 pm »
 :D Dont go all harry carey because the forum software blows. I had the exact complaint about the old concours.org forums...it's a piece of junk software, but clearly they have a lot of plugins and hacks hooked together to make it work....so not a lot they will do about it now. It does mean that some of the 'features' are hard to use and/or are lacking - ie tapatalk etc. Honestly with the median age of the people here, I would have figured a smarter forum software would have been used, but unfortunately it is what it is.

It's what, 35 bucks, if you truly dont like the club, just dont renew next year. I've not read the terms and conditions of the COG membership fees, but I wouldn't be surprised if they looked anything like the match.com terms and conditions [you dont get a dime back, ever, screw off for asking].....

You also are in what I assume is a modestly active region? I'm in Indiana and we dont have much of anything going on here :| so if I were to make a complaint, that would be it.
Current Bikes:
2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Offline Pittsburgh_Clem

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 11340
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2019, 01:08:54 am »
I know this is an old topic  :nananana:
Coffee break  It you said everything of why we are a part of COG
 :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover – Mark Twain.

Offline Eddie-FL

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 7073
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2019, 06:35:33 pm »
Yeah really Clay, your money ain't paying for this price-line, generic-type forum, it's paying for this AMAZING organization called COG, for all us Connie riders!
I hope I get to meet you soon!

Even if a bus ran over my Connie tomorrow, I've had so much fun, and met so many GOOD PEOPLE in COG, that I'd still stay a member just so I could call myself one of them.

Let's see...

There was the time I was freezing to death in CO because I didn't know how cold it was on those mountain passes in June, and I called a COG member in my membership handbook, and that guy loaned me cold-weather camping gear and we're still email buddies to this day.

Then this other COG member contacted me out of the blue to ride out to my very first National Rally with a small group, and they didn't know me but they treated me like family. We were all COGgers and by the second day's ride, we were all good friends.

There's nothing like that feeling when you show up to a gathering of COG members. They don't know you, but they approach you as soon as you get your helmet off, to say hello, shake your hand, and welcome you. Doesn't matter if you ride slow or fast, ride new or old, know them all or call them all "hey you" for the first year. They still offer a collective welcome.
Plop down at any table where the COG is doing a thing, and you'll have a table-full of new riding buddies by the time the meal is over. Spread the word that you want to go on a group ride but you don't know anybody, and I guarantee they'll be waiting there for you to show up next morning for somebody's planned ride, somewhere.

This thing goes like this: you get out what you put in. Put yourself among us and stick your hand out so we can make friends with you. We're good people, good riders, all with our faults but we are WAY, WAY more than this forum. Stick around!

THIS...this is COG! Well said, Jenn!
Anderson, SC
2015 Suzuki DL650XT "Grey Ghost"
1969 Triumph Bonneville 
AMA# 686667 COG# 7073   CDA# 0136