Author Topic: LOGIN ERRORS  (Read 974 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
LOGIN ERRORS
« on: October 17, 2019, 11:04:00 pm »
LOGIN ERRORS

For the last week or so, I keep getting this stupid "login error; wait 2 seconds and log in again" thing, then, after repeated attempts, and it flipps to another login screen, and keeps reverting to the same error thing, maybe I can get in...

anyone else having this issue?  a Half Hour of repeated attempt, is a bit annoying.. just saying.
extremely annoying to get online, and my Membership fee isn't due till the end of the month.. wassup with this?

Oh, and I know "roll in" on the "new" old system is underway, it's been under way for 2 full years.. so WASSUPPP?

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Road Runner

• Street Cruiser
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12399
Re: LOGIN ERRORS
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 11:50:48 pm »
MOB, sorry to hear you're have problems logging in. I've logged in near-daily over the last couple of weeks w/ no issues.
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• GOLD STAR
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 12:35:56 am »
meh.... it's probably because I run ancient sandscrit programs like windows XP Pro, and even tho I dumped all my cached stuff, and cookies, and whatever else.. it appears, I can only blame myself because my ife tells me to buy a modern computer.. like I bought her... what Window number we up to now? !0, 11, 12 with the super new stuff?.. I dunno.. I just blame it all on the IT guy that hates me... (joke... repeat JOKE... )  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

what ever, when I can't log in.. I'll just go ride. and forget about all this nonsense.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :-X :-X

Offline gsun

• Sport Tourer
  • CDA #560
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9127
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 02:00:55 am »
They just don't want you logged in... :nananana:

Offline connieklr

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 1608
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 06:04:16 pm »
LOGIN ERRORS

For the last week or so, I keep getting this stupid "login error; wait 2 seconds and log in again" thing, then, after repeated attempts, and it flipps to another login screen, and keeps reverting to the same error thing, maybe I can get in...

anyone else having this issue?  a Half Hour of repeated attempt, is a bit annoying.. just saying.
extremely annoying to get online, and my Membership fee isn't due till the end of the month.. wassup with this?

Oh, and I know "roll in" on the "new" old system is underway, it's been under way for 2 full years.. so WASSUPPP?

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

You mean a screen something like this?:

For me, only happens early a.m. (EST). Forum finally "wakes up" sometime between 7:00 - 9:00 (it was after 9:00 this morning.

Been going for quite awhile. Asked one of the people that is supposed to know this system well, and he said no one had an answer as to why, or what was causing it. Kinda frustrating.
COG #1608
COG Life Member
Semi-Civilian
GB Young Services, LLC

Offline Ranger Jim

• Iron Butt
  • COG#: 6720
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 06:08:52 pm »
I get the same crap. Interestingly, if I go through my cell phone I get right in. :??:
JIM CULP
If you can't be a good example; be a WARNING!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• GOLD STAR
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 06:46:01 pm »
I used to get that screen at times when logging in, but the one I originally had was different, it just basically popped up with what I noted "Login error; wait 2 seconds and login again" in text.
Hasn't happened recently. I dunno. self healed I suppose.
 :rotflmao:

Offline DoerOfThings

• Former COG IT Admin
  • Road Bike
    • DoerOfThings
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 07:27:16 pm »
the "password security upgraded" message means that memberize crapped the bed (again.)

eventually they will get around to fixing it.
not my circus, not my monkeys.

Offline kv5e

• Roll miles, Keep smiles
  • Global Moderator
  • Crotch Rocket
  • WING ATTACK PLAN "R"
    • SPIN Weather Centre
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 5063
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 07:51:54 pm »
the "password security upgraded" message means that memberize crapped the bed (again.)

eventually they will get around to fixing it.

:))
Ensuring Efficacious Delivery of "Physics Packages" Planetwide

Offline connieklr

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 1608
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 08:02:14 pm »
I get the same crap. Interestingly, if I go through my cell phone I get right in. :??:

That leaves me out. I don't have one of them smart phones since I ain't smart enough to use it.

Guess I''l just until they roll out the new operating system next week.    ::)

COG #1608
COG Life Member
Semi-Civilian
GB Young Services, LLC

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• GOLD STAR
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 08:20:52 pm »

That leaves me out. I don't have one of them smart phones since I ain't smart enough to use it.

Guess I''l just until they roll out the new operating system next week.    ::)

:-\ :-\ :-\ :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :beerchug:
Don't feel bad Guy, I have to feed the Hampsters, and change the bottom of the cage every 3 days, under the "Hampster wheel" that powers my ancient computor here on the porch... my old Dell Precision M90 "Portable Workstation" ( Portable, if you have a cargo van to carry it in...) that I was "gifted" with by our IT guy at work, when I got a "new machine"... (and this one is still running Windoz XP... I think I jinxed myself...)  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  it did fit in my side bag, on the old C10 Conni, but it's too big to fit the newer C14.. it has to sit inside the monster Shad 42 liter trunk, up top... I think it is heavier than a case of beer... the computer that is...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 08:29:21 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

Offline Kreton'sLC

• Scooter
  • COG#: 13013
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 03:32:40 pm »
Twice in the last several days I've been unable to log on.  I get a message something like "we've changed our password security" and am asked to re-enter my pw.  When I do, nothing happens.  Cache clearing or using a different browser doesn't resolve.  Then I try it again a few hours later and all is well.
2012 C14

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 03:51:32 pm »
Twice in the last several days I've been unable to log on.  I get a message something like "we've changed our password security" and am asked to re-enter my pw.  When I do, nothing happens.  Cache clearing or using a different browser doesn't resolve.  Then I try it again a few hours later and all is well.

Forum login/pwd authentication is performed against the membership database, located on another server. The message you report is most likely a result of failed authentication, typically a "no connect" to the auth server (COG database).  It seems that the service has been experiencing unexplained periodic short term outages.  To find out if this is the culprit go to www.cog-online.org and see if the club web page is displayed. If the page does not come up, the auth service is down too and it should return within an hour or so.   

Bottom line... When the COG main page www.cog-online.org is up, you should be able to log into the forum.
HTH.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 10:36:47 am by S Smith »
| Steve Smith | COG #3184 |

BECOME A COG MEMBER
There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline Gscott

• Mini Bike
  • 09 C14
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12413
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2020, 09:40:13 am »
Same problem here, going on for 3 months or so.
Come back to site a couple of hours later sometimes it works other times still can't log on.

Offline Road Runner

• Street Cruiser
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • COG#: 12399
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 05:31:52 pm »

Had the problem yesterday (Jan. 24). Found something else to do and came back to it later in day and was able to login. I chalked it up to maybe server down or maintenance ...
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"

Offline Kreton'sLC

• Scooter
  • COG#: 13013
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 03:53:06 pm »

Forum login/pwd authentication is performed against the membership database, located on another server. The message you report is most likely a result of failed authentication, typically a "no connect" to the auth server (COG database).  It seems that the service has been experiencing unexplained periodic short term outages.  To find out if this is the culprit go to www.cog-online.org and see if the club web page is displayed. If the page does not come up, the auth service is down too and it should return within an hour or so.   

Bottom line... When the COG main page www.cog-online.org is up, you should be able to log into the forum.
HTH.

Thanks Steve.
2012 C14

Offline RWulf

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 7122
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 07:33:25 pm »
I have noticed a delay with the site home page responding when I try to log-on.
This started happening about a month or so ago.