Author Topic: Trouble logging into member area ... SOLVED! Thanks, Steve  (Read 950 times)

Offline Uncle Vern

• Street Cruiser
  • CDA# 0440
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10851
  • Membership Level: Active
Trouble logging into member area ... SOLVED! Thanks, Steve
« on: November 20, 2013, 01:51:50 am »
I tried to log into the member area today to check on the store's supply of the CDA patches. I used the same username and password as I use for the forum and the system repeatedly told me they were invalid. I tried resetting them to the same and to different UN and PW; still no dice.

I don't go to the member area often but I have been there a couple times since I joined. It's probably something I'm doing wrong, but I don't know what. Any help would be appreciated; sorry to be so clueless but I'm mostly self-taught with computers and evidently don't have much intuition regarding tech problems.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:58:37 am by Uncle Vern »
Life is a contest between engineers and God. Engineers keep making things more idiot-proof and God keeps making bigger idiots. ;D

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
Re: Trouble logging into member area
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 02:44:04 am »
Try clearing browser cache and cookies...
| Steve Smith | COG #3184 |

BECOME A COG MEMBER
There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline Uncle Vern

• Street Cruiser
  • CDA# 0440
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 02:56:49 am »
Thanks Steve:

I went to the delete browsing history drop-down and there's a list of things like cookies with boxes to check. Do I check things I want to delete or things I want to keep? (One day maybe I'll be able to operate my compooter as well as your average 8-year-old.)
Life is a contest between engineers and God. Engineers keep making things more idiot-proof and God keeps making bigger idiots. ;D

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 03:04:47 am »
IMHO Good practice to clear all... Keep in mind a side effect will be that you will need to re-login to websites that use cookies to remember your login, like this forum.
| Steve Smith | COG #3184 |

BECOME A COG MEMBER
There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline Uncle Vern

• Street Cruiser
  • CDA# 0440
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 03:56:41 am »
Thanks again Steve; I checked all the boxes except the top one ("preserve favorite websites data") and I can now access the Member Area. Still haven't found the CDA patch, but it's new and maybe out-of-stock. Will contact new Merch. Czar Matt later.   ;D