Author Topic: Unable to log in to forum?  (Read 935 times)

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
Unable to log in to forum?
« on: September 27, 2017, 01:49:41 am »
There have been reports of COG forum users unable to log in. In most cases it was determined the user's subscription expired and must be renewed through the club's membership portal to allow forum authorization. Renewal is required for paid members and complimentary forum subscriptions. Any trouble with renewal should be directed to the club's membership officer.

| Steve Smith | COG #3184 | MSF/CONREP RC |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Unable to log in to forum?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 10:51:34 pm »
WOW...
simply, WOW...
so, my current membership expired 2 days ago... no problem, I figured just go online, and send a payment... like always, for the last 14 years  well, for the most part, with exception to when I had zero money, and close friends helped me out by paying...
anyway, I was logged in on my Nook, and posting today... but decided to login on my laptop in a more secure manner..
sweet... not.

absolutely could not log in, using my user name, and my password... tried 8 times... WTH??????

that's simply ridiculous.

went in using my already logged in Nook, and completed the transaction... and then was able to log in on my laptop..
There needs to be some considerable re evaluation of the software, and limits / restrictions / alerts / prohibitions with this ridiculously outdated software being used...

come on folks... it's 2017... get the software updated, and make it work.
I've been trying to see by reading minutes of meetings, if and when new software will be working... but that doesn't seem to effective either lately...

so I tossed another $37 bucks into the kitty... for another year, and as a member, I guess I'm allowed to pose questions and voice my opinion...

Nuttin personal, just wanna see stuff "progress"... :great:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6197
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 12:54:53 pm »
I like progress too.  I just know from producing it that no software is ever perfect, finished or cheap.  It does seem a reasonable grace period to renew online once expired is a valid request.   

Be careful what you whine for though.  New is not always better, just different.  Hard to know what the software really is until it is launched and running.  That is how we end up with what we have.  The "affordable" solution at seems to fill the job duties.
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 07:19:30 pm »
Is there a way to send an email to the user informing he/her that their account must be renewed before being locked out? By that I mean shortly before they are locked out, not when opening an account. It seems like just another one of those COG friendly things we have been exploring to keep/recruit members lately.  ;)

Offline fred-houston

• Officer
  • Street Cruiser
  • COG Membership Officer
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9066
  • Membership Level: Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 07:59:01 pm »
Is there a way to send an email to the user informing he/her that their account must be renewed before being locked out? By that I mean shortly before they are locked out, not when opening an account. It seems like just another one of those COG friendly things we have been exploring to keep/recruit members lately.  ;)

There are 3 automated emails that are sent prior to their expiration date.  I think it is 45, 30, and 5 days.  There is also another one sent after their membership expired letting them know their membership has expired.

Fred Boothe - COG Membership Officer
Missouri City, TeXaS
1999 C-10 EFI (Semi Naked)
2016 Yamaha Super Tenere

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 08:52:44 pm »

There are 3 automated emails that are sent prior to their expiration date.  I think it is 45, 30, and 5 days.  There is also another one sent after their membership expired letting them know their membership has expired.

I know this, I got those emails, all of them, but had to wait till money was available, which was within a week...
I was aware.
My comment was driven by the fact that after 14 years, an auto block a week past "pay me" date is /was a pretty petty and insulting thing, seeing as we have so many people here as forum only level...non contributing people, you would think that it meant something...

Maybe a warning in beg red letters, in that last email... explaining just when access will become an issue would have provoked my attention to the matter...

But, its all moot now, water under the bridge, etc., etc., ta da.....
 :great:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW