Author Topic: $500.00 Kawisaki Kash  (Read 4502 times)

Offline Bigfoot_16

• Crotch Rocket
  • I prefer bikes with more horsepower than noise.
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
$500.00 Kawisaki Kash
« on: January 27, 2015, 05:17:47 pm »
I went to the International Motorcycle Show (IMS) in Dallas this past weekend and found a pleasant surprise at the Kawasaki display. I was speaking with one of the representatives and he asked if I had registered for the $500.00 in Kawasaki Kash. I told him that I hadn't, so he signed me up. Kawasaki then sent me an email with the details. First, you make your best negotiated deal on the bike of your choice, then you present the email to the dealer and you get an additional $500.00 off of the purchase price of any new, not previously registered 2015 or prior year Kawasaki motorcycle 250cc and above (excluding the Ninja 250 and Ninja 300 models because the profit margin on these bikes is very low). This is great because I'm looking to purchase a black 2015 C14 as soon as they (hopefully) hit dealer showrooms next month. The green C15, though a few are available at dealerships now, just isn't my color.

I don't know if it's possible to get this offer other than attending an IMS and registering for it there. If you're going to an IMS near you soon and are in the market for a new Kawasaki, make sure to take advantage of this opportunity!  :)

By the way, this offer is good only through March 31, 2015.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:49:01 pm by Bigfoot_16 »
Jim

2015 Concours 14

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul. Steve's ECU flash stirs the soul!

Offline JC

• Moped
  • El Paso, TX USA
Re: $500.00 Kawisaki Kash
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 06:00:13 pm »
This is great because I'm looking to purchase a black 2015 C14 as soon as they (hopefully) hit dealer showrooms next month.
They hit dealers already ;D. My local dealer got a black 2015 when I was there last Friday (didn't want to deal on it  though), but they dropped the freaking crate, so all negotiations ended right there. And I don't want it fixed (which they're doing). I'm ordering a new 2015 from NM for $15,500 OTD (6.25% tax in TX) in a few moments, but will check this deal out before calling. Bikes are available at the warehouse now, and it takes 2 weeks max to get it, but usually in a week is there. Thank you for the alert, but my suspicion is dealer might be including that deal already, since all of a sudden they sent me this morning an email with the quote above, which is $350 below their previous minimum price. Have a good day.
2015 Candy Lime Green Concours14
MODS: TBR black-series slip-on w/P1 insert, black/heavy Throttlemeister, Grip Puppies, FendaExtenda, radiator grille with fiberglass screening, billet black oil-filler/final-drive caps, CB MiniEuro tinted screen, LED city-lights/rear turn-signals/license-plate lights, no stickers, no reflectors, no badges.

Offline Bigfoot_16

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 07:07:55 pm »
Thanks for the news, JC. So, even the regional reps can be surprised when Kawasaki does things. I have recently learned that for some peculiar reason, Kawasaki keeps their dealers in the dark about these things. Strange.

Hey, I'm sorry they dropped the crate. Ouch! Yeah, I wouldn't go near that one either.

I just spoke with my dealer and he confirmed that the $500 Kawi Kash is not included in his price. Nice!
Jim

2015 Concours 14

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul. Steve's ECU flash stirs the soul!

Offline JC

• Moped
  • El Paso, TX USA
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 08:08:15 pm »
Hey Jim, always happy to help. And looks like you helped me a lot too :great:, but still need confirmation I also got $500 off my price. Just closed the deal on a green bike the NM dealer just got, and I'm leaving to pick it up today (1-1/2-hr drive). Now I can silence the folks who got offended for saying the green was ugly... I GOT ONE :D. I had a choice: buy black and let my wife worry every time I go for a ride thinking I'm unsafe... or get an ugly color but be visible from the space station ;D. Chose the latter. And it doesn't look that bad... but just a little ridiculous for a 53-yr old fart IMO ;D. But I don't care. I'm officially an owner now. Will let you know if the extra $500 worked for sure (hope so, but will buy it anyway). I didn't register for that sweepstakes; just sent your link to the dealer.
MODS: TBR black-series slip-on w/P1 insert, black/heavy Throttlemeister, Grip Puppies, FendaExtenda, radiator grille with fiberglass screening, billet black oil-filler/final-drive caps, CB MiniEuro tinted screen, LED city-lights/rear turn-signals/license-plate lights, no stickers, no reflectors, no badges.

Offline Bigfoot_16

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 08:12:32 pm »
Congrats, JC! You've got to post a pic once you get it home so we can all enjoy that fluorescent green with you.  :motonoises:

By the way, the email you get from Kawasaki has a special event code and program code that you need to show to the dealer. These codes are probably unique and only good for a one time use.

I'm glad you'll be getting a C14 regardless of whether or not you get the additional discount. It will be more than worth it!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 08:15:54 pm by Bigfoot_16 »
Jim

2015 Concours 14

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 08:38:14 pm »
FWIW - I like the green but for some reason I think it's too much on the bags. Looks like they stick out a foot further on each side! I would have to find a way to blacken half the bags somehow or another. The rest looks aggressive and VISIBLE for sure.

Congrats on the purchase and the happy wife!

1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)
Whether you think you can or can't - you're right!
Instagram @ fais_the_photographer

Offline Throttle 8

• Moped
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12220
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 08:44:06 pm »
Man I feel  hosed up here in Canada. I knew nothing of this when I bought my 2014 C14 last week. Two days ago a got a Kawasaki cash certificate in the mail for $150. I was happy until about 5 minutes ago. lol! 
2014  C14 ABS (Metallic Spark Black)
2000 ZX12R Ninja

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 01:40:25 am »
Throttle 8; All might not be lost.
The Kawasaki Kash might be an incentive you can still use,,, even if you didn't use it to buy the bike.
Since you just bought, Perhaps you can still register for it and use it for farkles?

I was sent a Card from Kawasaki after I bought my bike for $250.. (for being military)
card arrived after I bought the bike.
Used it for my trunk bag.

Ride safe, Ted

14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again, DO IT NOW!!

Offline Throttle 8

• Moped
  • COG#: 12220
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 02:12:40 am »
It's all good! I didn't expect anything more when I bought it, so this is just a bonus. I am going to use it for bag liners. :beerchug:
2014  C14 ABS (Metallic Spark Black)
2000 ZX12R Ninja

Offline JC

• Moped
  • El Paso, TX USA
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 10:30:01 am »
By the way, the email you get from Kawasaki has a special event code and program code that you need to show to the dealer. These codes are probably unique and only good for a one time use.
IT FREAKING WORKED!!! :great:  And didn't have to do anything other than sending them the link above; that was all. I still enrolled in the sweepstakes after your warning, but when I got the email from Kawasaki, it didn't have any special codes; just the same ones dealers use to get paid back by Kawasaki. So no need to enroll in the sweepstakes folks. But yes, there's no way in hell I'd have known of this if it wasn't for your email; it's not advertised anywhere. Ended up paying $15,000.00 OTD registered, so not bad at all. About $1,500 more than a leftover 2014, but after 2 failed attempts, I had enough, so went the sure way. Now the praying mantis is home (no stickers, no badges, no reflectors ;D).

Offline Bigfoot_16

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 11:37:57 am »
I'm glad you got the discount, JC. Thanks for the pics. "Praying Mantis" is the perfect name for your beast. That's a great idea to take a photo of the instrument panel with zero miles on the bike. Cool. I hope you enjoy many years of great riding!
Jim

2015 Concours 14

Offline 4Bikes

• Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9715
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 11:49:45 am »
That has to be the fastest de-badge job ever?  I assume it didn't ship like that?
Silver 2011 C-14. Previous rides: KZ-400, KZ-750, KZ-1000.  Keep the rubber side down.  Ride Fast......Live Slow......

Offline Fred_Wa2gzw

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 10400
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 12:13:45 pm »
I know that the $500 off certificates are available if you test ride at Americade.

Congrats on the purchase!!  Good luck with your new baby.

Fred

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • COG#: 4154
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 02:43:37 pm »
Congrats on the new bike JC!
I like the name... "Praying Mantis"..

I know you could get a $500 by test riding a bike. But don't quite follow what Jim (and you) posted.
My Kawa Bucks ($250) were for being Military... Didn't receive the $500 that you are referring to...

IT FREAKING WORKED!!! :great:  And didn't have to do anything other than sending them the link above; that was all. I still enrolled in the sweepstakes after your warning, but when I got the email from Kawasaki, it didn't have any special codes; just the same ones dealers use to get paid back by Kawasaki

Too late for me,,, BUT,,,
What "Link Above"?
Please elaborate??
Is this discount also offered on line?

Again; Congratulations on the bike purchase!!
Jim, your next!!!

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again, DO IT NOW!!

Offline Bigfoot_16

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 03:29:19 pm »
I think what JC meant by the link above is simply my initial post in this thread. That's really cool that the dealer honored the discount just from that. Hey, it's no money out of the dealer's pocket. The discount comes from Kawasaki Corporate and the dealer gets reimbursed. Nice deal. I just first heard about it at the IMS this past weekend. Like JC said, it isn't being publicized. It's great we have a forum like this so we can spread the word!
Jim

2015 Concours 14

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 03:57:38 pm »
So, the dealer can give you $500 off and get it from Kawasaki so they lose nothing. How on earth can they be so daft as to not advertise this?

They fill it out for you and they get to keep the $500 behind your back. That's how. They want us to think they're out of the loop….

I used to train car dealers on the features of upcoming models and rebates - they could not have cared less. But, they always found a back-door, sneaky way to benefit from factory rebates. Good dealers will tell you straight up they have joined a band of unethical businesses with no regard for the make. Imagine a dealership owned by Kawasaki; yep, takes a lot of imagination but would be amazing.

1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)
Whether you think you can or can't - you're right!
Instagram @ fais_the_photographer

Offline EZ

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 11785
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 12:25:52 am »
Just like cars, if they can sell them without you using that option Kaw. will still credit the dealership. These dealers do all kinds of neat stuff to improve margins.  Congrats on the new bike JC  :bravo_2: I see nothing wrong with 53 and neon green. Just dye your hair the same color and you'll be my hero!! Unless of coarse you like me and there is not much left to dye.... ???
Thank God you're alive every time you arrive!

Offline MikeJ

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: 11581
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 01:14:05 am »
The way it worked last June when I bought my new C14 was the $500 Kawasaki Kash came direct from head office in the form of a debit card, and had nothing to do with the dealer.
2014 Candy Cardinal Red