Author Topic: '19 Speculation???  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Craigmri

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
'19 Speculation???
« on: September 06, 2018, 07:52:22 pm »
Hey guys,  I'm in the market for a sport touring bike and really like the Concours but the lack of Cruise control is giving me pause.  I did check out the new H2 SX/SE and while bad-a**...the Chain drive is a show-stopper for me.

I know this question gets asked perennially, but what are the chances Kawi will revamp the Concours?  Or is the H2 SX the most they will go?

There do seem to be some real bargains on the leftover Concours.  I seen a bunch at $10,999.  Thinking a $20 Vista Cruise throttle lock will solve most of my cruise issues.

Craig

Offline Bud

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
Re: '19 Speculation???
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 09:25:37 pm »
If cruise is all that is stopping you, just buy the aftermarket cruise control (audiovox, rostra or mccruise) and let someone else install it.  At $11,000 for a new one, you could spend a grand or less,have proper cruise control and still have a great deal.  If money isn't an issue, why not upgrade the suspension to traxxion in the front and a penske or ohleins shock in the rear.  You're still under msrp and have improved comfort and handling greatly.  I like spending other peoples money........can you tell? ;D

Offline Craigmri

• Tricycle
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 09:29:02 pm »
If cruise is all that is stopping you, just buy the aftermarket cruise control (audiovox, rostra or mccruise) and let someone else install it.  At $11,000 for a new one, you could spend a grand or less,have proper cruise control and still have a great deal.  If money isn't an issue, why not upgrade the suspension to traxxion in the front and a penske or ohleins shock in the rear.  You're still under msrp and have improved comfort and handling greatly.  I like spending other peoples money........can you tell? ;D

Bud,  I have friends like you....I call them the Enablers  hahahahaa! :))  I seen those aftermarket cruise controls....something to consider but frankly a Vista Cruise suited me just fine for years before I got spoiled on Goldwings and Harleys.

Craig

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 10:42:31 pm »
cruise control...
HS2...

cruise control...

seriously?

concours...
cruise control....

(yeah, I have a full blown Rostra, in box, that's on my bench... sitting for 6 years, because I'm sooo lazy I won't install it..)

twist grip... go....
HS2.. spend your money.

"i got yo cruz control..."

dropping mic...

out

peace y'all..
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 10:46:28 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 10:50:56 pm »
you do have to understand and accept that as a joke..
just saying...

:)) :))

Offline cuda

• Crotch Rocket
  • Ignorance Is Bliss.
  • COG#: 11405
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 11:50:10 pm »
McCruise is your friend

MOB you need to find a Mechanic to help you with your install  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 01:13:47 am by cuda »
We have invented the world WE see .
It takes 20 years  to build a reputation and 5 minutes to lose it...   - Cog 11405

Offline antibus

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 11339
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 12:07:17 am »
Cruise Control is AWESOME!!! I am a new believer. Don't turn away from the Concours for lack of cruise control. I installed a MC Cruise and it looks and functions like stock. You can also have someone else install it for you. There are other less expensive options out there, however this is the only one I have used and it ROCKS!
CDA #0542

Offline cuda

• Crotch Rocket
  • Ignorance Is Bliss.
  • COG#: 11405
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 07:19:21 pm »
McCruise is your friend
I understand  this might be above you skill set
We have invented the world WE see .
It takes 20 years  to build a reputation and 5 minutes to lose it...   - Cog 11405

Offline NinjaBreadMan

• Moped
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 11944
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 03:21:53 am »
I have almost 20K miles on my 2016.  Right after buying it, I put a Throttlemeister on it.  This works great to allow resting the right hand when driving on straight roads.  I don't miss having a cruise control, and don't even use the Throttlemeister all that much.  Don't pass up a great deal on the C14 waiting for something that has cruise control but costs a bunch more.
2016 Gray C14
previous bikes 2006 C10, 1977 Z1000
Jet Ski Ultra 300X & ST-15F
Lake Stevens, WA

Offline Bud

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 10:02:57 am »

Bud,  I have friends like you....I call them the Enablers  hahahahaa! :))  I seen those aftermarket cruise controls....something to consider but frankly a Vista Cruise suited me just fine for years before I got spoiled on Goldwings and Harleys.

Craig
It looks like you've stumbled into a bunch of enablers!  Any time I try to talk anyone out of spending a bunch of money, they don't want to hear it.  I'm a changed man!  Let the check writing begin! :nananana:

Offline TJ

• Training Wheels
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 07:35:52 pm »
Doubt very seriously Kawi has plans afoot to revamp this bike.

As stated by others, buy the bike. it's a bargain. Add MC Cruise, and a few other pieces and you'll be happy.   

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 10:50:21 pm »
McCruise is your friend
I understand  this might be above you skill set

come on up here, and install my Rostra... bring lotsa good beer, and i'll open the garage door, get more good beer, and some steaks, and i'll grill them... and then let you in the garage...
and we can kick tires and throw beer bottles..till Momma makes us shut down...

peace man....

oooooh, someone just offered to give me a project bike.... a VFF'r....Intercepter... fun times... coming up....

« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:55:06 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

Offline Ken

• Skinman
  • Bicycle
  • Retired fireman, Vietnam, 101st ABN. 2/17 CAV
  • COG#: 11782
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 01:25:17 am »
I still have my GoldWing and I thought I would miss the cruse control. I do not.  Yep get the bike.

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12649
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 11:25:02 am »
I agree: I won't buy a bike without Cruise Control anymore, but i did install a Rostra two years ago, and I LOVE it.
PITA to install - most assuredly!  However, well worth it, and a bargain to boot.

As others have said - if you're planning to wait out Mama Kaw for a new model, you may as well go buy an FJR or something similar. 

The C14 is a bargain bike, and with a few add-ons, can be a Really great bike.

gr
..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...

Offline smooth_operator

• government isn't the solution to our problems. government is the problem!
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 10773
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 03:24:52 pm »
Throttlemeister works fine for me. Never had real cruise.
75 MT 125 Esinore   73 CB 360T  82 Virago 920  08 Metropolitan II "step through"  2012 C14  Candy Arabian Red

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties that standing armies.
--Thomas Jefferson
 CDA 553                               END THE FED!!

Offline Boostmeister

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 9830
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 02:51:34 am »
I've had a 2008 C14 since the Fall of 2007 and equipped it with a Throttlemeister.  It has improved the long distance aspects of the bike for years, but has become a PITA over time.  I generally end up leading our big rides, and it seems that in the past few years, I'm the only guy without cruise.  I've considered going to the McCruise, but haven't pulled the trigger expecting Kawasaki to finally join the rest of the world and add cruise (at which time I would upgrade).  Life took a sudden turn a few weeks ago when a deer decided to hit the left front of the C14 and stuff the two of us into the ditch.  3 broken ribs and a totaled C14.  So next Spring I will be in the market for a new ride.  If Kawasaki continues to keep their heads up......never mind.  If they don't upgrade the C14 for 2019, they will have lost a customer.

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12649
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 10:41:53 am »
 :rotflmao:
Throttlemeister works fine for me. Never had real cruise.

NOt to disparage you guys with the throttlemeisters, but ive got one installed on another bike of mine, and it's completely WORTHLESS.  Lovely bar ends for sure, but nothing but expensive weights.  ::)

The lack of ability to adjust for up and downhill inclines automatically renders a throttle lock completely worthless unless you enjoy constantly adjusting the speed and setting of the "lock" mechanism.

I find that in the time that it takes me to fiddle with that thing, and get it set to the proper speed, im already hitting a different path in the road that has either increased or decreased my speed incrementally. 
What's the point of that??

Rostra or Mccruise both adapt and adjust to road conditions = REAL CRUISE control.

Until Kawi updates the Connie, this is the method.  It's not impossible, but it was by far the most complicated farkle i've installed on my bike.  But so worth it.

gr
..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...