Author Topic: 7500 mile service  (Read 1483 times)

Offline orangewingnut

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
7500 mile service
« on: April 09, 2012, 07:55:48 pm »
For those of you who had the dealer do the 7500 service... how much did you pay? I do my own engine and final drive oil changes, so i imagine it's having the plugs changed and making sure everything is torqued down correctly.

I don't want to have any problems with my warranty, so i'd prefer to follow the recommended service schedule.

Thanks,

Bill

Offline Mad River Marc

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 8442
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: 7500 mile service
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 12:10:42 am »
The 7500 Mile service per the manual is basically an oil change with spark plugs, lever greasing and a TB sync

For most bikes it would be pretty cheap (200 at most) but for the C-14 because the spark plugs are involved it can get spendy...It's not that it's difficult to change the plugs, nor are the plugs that expensive.. it just takes a few hours to GET to the plugs

However, that being said, IMHO replacing the plugs at 7500 is NOT necessary, These are Iridium plugs and in cars get replaced around 100k not 7.5K, but that is MY opinion... I am changing mine at 16k and that is only because I am in there gapping/adjusting the valves so I figured why not toss in a set of plugs while I'm already in there....'

MY 7500 was as follows:
Change Oil/filter
Change final drive fluid
Change Brake/Clutch Hydraulic fluid (I do that every year...)
Check Coolant
Make sure exhaust header nuts were tight
Adjust head bearing
Check Air Filter (Mine was fine)
Lube levers/stands
Check brakes

Took me something like 2 hours and a few beers...

I did my 600, my 7500 and now the 15000 myself,  just keep records and you should be fine, but if you feel better having it done (And I can understand that desire)  then I'd guesstimate about $400 for the service....just a guess tho

You only need two tools in life – WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the duct tape.

Offline rogracer

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11346
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 10:13:47 pm »
Just had mine done today. Did everything but skipped the plug change and it came to 185 bucks.

Offline Cwo2mustang

• Mini Bike
  • COG#: 9927
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 12:07:37 pm »
Just had mine done today. Did everything but skipped the plug change and it came to 185 bucks.
I see you are in the Southeast, we're did you have the service done?

Offline rogracer

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 11346
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 07:45:19 pm »
Kissimmee Motorsports in Orlando, where I bought my bike. I don't have much experience with them but my impressions are favorable. Some of the service guys are tarck junkies, and owner has some cool vintage bikes.