Author Topic: "Thank you" for everything!  (Read 4713 times)

Offline MikeB_CA

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: "Thank you" for everything!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 10:10:21 pm »
yep...I will. You're right on with that! The entertainment factor alone is worth sticking around for!

It's funny 4Bikes, I was just getting ready to pull the C14 apart and do my valves and the wife said to go ahead and get the Trophy. I was standing over the C14 with knife in hand and ready to open her up when the wife said that (not literally but you get the picture)! The picture you don't see in your mind is the 'dumbfounded' look on my face when my wife said "go for it, buy the Trophy" :D!

Online 4Bikes

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 9715
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 10:19:17 pm »
She sounds like a winner and a keeper.  :great:
Silver 2011 C-14. Previous rides: KZ-400, KZ-750, KZ-1000.  Keep the rubber side down.  Ride Fast......Live Slow......

Offline MikeB_CA

• Road Bike
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 10:19:53 pm »
Oh, she is...without a doubt!

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11323
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 10:39:43 pm »
Hi,
      I actually looked at the Sprint, before buying my C14. :o

It has a more agressive riding position and is smaller than the Kawi! :-X

I don't know, I REALLY don't see myself leaving the "Beast" for something else? :truce:

It is admittedly a sparse, power machine, with fewer auto features than what a lot of ST bikes have now... :-[

But, for me at this time, that is just what I need/want!!!  :beerchug: >:D >:D >:D
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline landman

• Scooter
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 11621
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2016, 10:44:38 pm »
sweet ride for sure.  :great:
2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14- sold

Offline Ranger Jim

• Iron Butt
  • COG#: 6720
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 11:37:40 pm »
You know, as it was pointed out earlier, that no one really cares what you ride. "Join for the Bike - Stay for the people" etc.  For the record, I no longer own a Concours; my bikes are a Honda GL 1800 Goldwing and a Verys 650. Al Norcross has a Versys 650 as well. You can still be a part of COG. :)
JIM CULP
OtP Jr. Slave Laborer (Safety)

No one is a TOTAL failure; they can always be used as a bad example.

Online Rusty

• Street Cruiser
  • Live to Ride, Ride to Live-2008 C14
  • COG#: 9585
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2016, 12:14:46 am »
Great looking bike Mike! I have always liked that bike especially in that Dark Blue color.....not sure they make it in that color anymore! Anyway, our SoCal COG group rides up in your area from time to time.....matter of fact we are going to set up a ride in the Malibu Hills and beyond sometime soon! Hope you can join us! Ride safe and Enjoy!

:motonoises:    :motonoises:   :great:

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9032
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2016, 12:36:59 am »
You do have a point! Thank you for that!

So, for those of you wondering, I will still be in here from time to time and will jump into conversations where I can. Like I said, I have made some good 'forum friends' here which I do appreciate so maybe this isn't "goodbye" but more like, "I have a new Trophy now so I will be out putting lots of miles on it and I'll be in here on occasion"...how's that?

Get the Trophy out to an COG event or Rally. You live in an active COG area with some neat places to ride. I'm sure your Area Director Mark Hartman AKA OMC, won't mind you showing up.  Timor
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12127
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 12:44:43 am »
Please report on how you like it as you ride it over the next several months, I will be shopping and would like more input about the bike.

Offline Mortech

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 12208
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2016, 01:15:07 am »
Ditto n reporting how she rides , I was looking at one before I bought my C14 . I love the character of the triple engine of my Tiger so I know it has plenty of power but I never got to test ride one .
1999 Kawasaki Concours - Conrad
2006 Honda CBR600F4i - Restless
2009 Kawasaki Concours - Constanza

Offline Shawn

• Scooter
  • COG#: 12217
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2016, 02:08:59 am »
Very sweet bike Mike!  The pictures got me wanting more as well so I went on Triumph's site to check it out.  I'm not sure I like the Pacific Blue, but the Phantom Black is hot lookin'.  I really like the lines of the bike (and the bags)!

For us relatively non-technical guys, what are the following?...

Besides the obvious missing from the C14, that the Trophy does have, what are the following...

Immobiliser
Ride By Wire
TES
TPMS

Thanks!
'14 C14 Black

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director
  • Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9932
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 02:25:17 am »
Don't you go no where Mike. We need you to drool over other stuff at events. Cedar City coming up. Bikes come and go. Great folks are around forever (and are damn hard to find).  :great: :beerchug:
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby.

Offline gsun

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 9127
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2016, 03:19:18 am »
I would entertain the idea of a Trophy but my bike is PAID FOR!  ;D

Let's see you at a COG function so we can see the bike.

Offline MikeB_CA

• Road Bike
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2016, 02:59:10 pm »

Offline MikeB_CA

• Road Bike
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 03:01:01 pm »
You know, as it was pointed out earlier, that no one really cares what you ride. "Join for the Bike - Stay for the people" etc.  For the record, I no longer own a Concours; my bikes are a Honda GL 1800 Goldwing and a Verys 650. Al Norcross has a Versys 650 as well. You can still be a part of COG. :)

Hi Ranger Jim, I'm not going anywhere. I thought, because I don't have the C14 any longer that I had to bail...I was wrong. Glad to be part of the group still! I actually thought I'd get the 'boot' after I made the switch :D!

Offline MikeB_CA

• Road Bike
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2016, 03:02:59 pm »
Great looking bike Mike! I have always liked that bike especially in that Dark Blue color.....not sure they make it in that color anymore! Anyway, our SoCal COG group rides up in your area from time to time.....matter of fact we are going to set up a ride in the Malibu Hills and beyond sometime soon! Hope you can join us! Ride safe and Enjoy!

:motonoises:    :motonoises:   :great:

Rusty, keep me up-to-date on your ride because I would love to join you guys anytime you're in my area...let me know.

I'm going to PM my contact info to you.

Thanks!

Mike

Offline MikeB_CA

• Road Bike
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2016, 03:05:39 pm »
You do have a point! Thank you for that!

So, for those of you wondering, I will still be in here from time to time and will jump into conversations where I can. Like I said, I have made some good 'forum friends' here which I do appreciate so maybe this isn't "goodbye" but more like, "I have a new Trophy now so I will be out putting lots of miles on it and I'll be in here on occasion"...how's that?

Get the Trophy out to an COG event or Rally. You live in an active COG area with some neat places to ride. I'm sure your Area Director Mark Hartman AKA OMC, won't mind you showing up.  Timor

I would love to go to a COG event!

Offline MikeB_CA

• Road Bike
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2016, 03:09:08 pm »
Please report on how you like it as you ride it over the next several months, I will be shopping and would like more input about the bike.

FTB, go ride one and take your check book! The bike is amazing and you know me from past posts, I ride daily and each ride on this bike is getting better...it's a sweet bike! It's definitely geared for 'touring" and that's what I was after...they succeeded in big ways! It's going to make my daily commutes and long trips so much more comfortable and so much fun! I'm telling you right now, the TTSE handles like a 600 in the twisties...ridiculously nimble! So easy to ride!

PM me anytime with questions...I'm happy to talk about it anytime!

Mike

Offline MikeB_CA

• Road Bike
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2016, 03:43:19 pm »
Very sweet bike Mike!  The pictures got me wanting more as well so I went on Triumph's site to check it out.  I'm not sure I like the Pacific Blue, but the Phantom Black is hot lookin'.  I really like the lines of the bike (and the bags)!

For us relatively non-technical guys, what are the following?...

Besides the obvious missing from the C14, that the Trophy does have, what are the following...

Immobiliser
Ride By Wire
TES
TPMS

Thanks!

Hi Shawn, happy to answer questions for you!

Immobilizer...I believe that has to do with the optional alarm. I don't know the details but they have an alarm (which I will be adding) that I believe, when set, makes the bike 'inoperable' if the alarm is on!

Ride by Wire...throttle buddy! That throttle is electronic, no cables, and it's instant! Super responsive and extremely light! Throttling the bike is effortless...amazing!

TES...that's the electronic suspension adjustment or setting. You can change modes on the fly...COMFORT. NORMAL, SPORT. I've tried all 3 and they all serve a purpose. Was in SPORT this morning as I rode out the Ojai Valley on the back roads and then went to COMFORT on the freeway...sweet! There are further adjustments that can be made to the suspension as well...SOLO, SOLO with gear, 2 UP. These additional settings can only be set when the bike is in neutral. But there's no more getting off the bike because I forgot to tighten or loosen the rear suspension depending on if I was solo or 2 up!

TPMS...that's the Tire Pressure Monitoring System and the C14 has it so no surprises there!

The bike as cruise control that works so well! Has AM/FM, Satellite Radio (which I'm listening to a lot now), weather alerts and traffic alerts (still learning how all of that works), 250 miles between tanks if you're riding really hard, 300 miles between tanks if your cruising, windscreen memory, height adjustable seat (2 settings) which I changed last night to the higher setting and made a huge difference in comfort...for the better, great protection in the cockpit, super nimble handling characteristics, really smooth 'roll-on' power...just a great bike all-around!

Mike

Offline MikeB_CA

• Road Bike
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2016, 03:54:23 pm »
I would entertain the idea of a Trophy but my bike is PAID FOR!  ;D

Let's see you at a COG function so we can see the bike.

Mine was paid for too!

I'm hoping to get out to a COG function someday!

Offline MikeB_CA

• Road Bike
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2016, 03:55:19 pm »
Don't you go no where Mike. We need you to drool over other stuff at events. Cedar City coming up. Bikes come and go. Great folks are around forever (and are damn hard to find).  :great: :beerchug:

Hi OMC, I'm not going anywhere. I would love to stay 'in the loop' on COG events that happen in our area. Please keep me informed!

Mike

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12649
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2016, 02:19:51 am »
Excellent CHoice Mike!
That is a sweet bike.

Now if Aprilia would just make a V-4 updated Variant of the Futura.....I'd be following you to Blasphemy Lane!

Ride Safe.

gr
..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...

Offline MikeB_CA

• Road Bike
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2016, 02:25:06 am »
Haha...thanks ghostrider!

Offline sininja

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2016, 01:23:27 pm »
It's interesting to hear how the power is similar and handling better.  They look sweet, always good to know there are options for the future.  Enjoy!

Offline Shawn

• Scooter
  • COG#: 12217
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2016, 02:17:36 pm »
Thanks for the feedback MikeB_CA, much appreciated.  I should apologize because I glossed over all the important info on the Trophy page on the website and went to the bottom where the (starting) price and features are.  And it does have heated grips! :bravo_2:

I was really trying to get a sense of the price/value difference between the C14 and the Trophy and it certainly seems the added value is there if you can afford it.  That is like 'moped gas mileage'! 
'14 C14 Black