Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 5845 times)

Offline Glenn

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 10332
  • Membership Level: Marketing Officer
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 08:39:55 pm »
This is my work wallpaper.

And you get work done???  :o

Offline nando

• Transport C-14
  • Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 10454
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 12:37:38 am »
I gotta admit, I don't nothing done since I joined this forum...
I am voting for anyone who wasn't there during the government shut-down.

Offline motonerd14

• Nerd n' Ziggy
  • Street Cruiser
  • Go West, young man...
  • COG#: 9283
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 03:44:13 pm »
Just brought my new 2012 home on Tuesday. I work from home, and have been having second thoughts about my work arrangement now. Having the 45 mile commute (each way) again is very tempting with this bike...

Sucky thing was bringing him home on Tuesday, and then having to rush to cover him up before the rain came. I stood out there, later on, in the wind and pouring rain, telling him "It's ok Ziggy, the rain will stop soon. Then we can ride tomorrow."

I've never been so motivated to buy a house with a garage...
2012 C14 - 'Ziggy'
2005 KLR650 - 'Klara'

Offline fartymarty

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9712
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 04:23:48 pm »
I sleep in the garage with mine.

SHE has to sit out in the cold garage, I decided it she was better off if I brought her in house. The plan was to keep her in the kitchen. Measurements were close, I went as far as taking the back door off the hinges to gain a couple on inches. Still wasn't gonna fit.

maybe that is what happens also with a new girlfriend ...  in the beginning ...   ??

This thread delivers...

:iagree:  Yes it does.  :D

Offline Boomer

• Crotch Rocket
  • Me dwarfing Vivian
    • Boomers GTR Site
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 03:14:24 pm »
Quite normal. It's called Connie Fondling and its a sign of love.  :57: :-*  :72:

After about 18 months the "shine" wears off and instead you find yourself getting comfortable with her.

After 10 years you are very settled and she is farkled to the max and EXACTLY how you want her.
You trust her implicitly and would ride her to the ends of the earth and back if you could afford the time/money.  :motonoises:

After 20 years she blows her headgasket for the 3rd time in a year  :41: and you finally start looking for a newer more reliable model,... normally younger too.

You know, for some reason this all seems familiar,........ :rotflmao:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK
CDA-007

Offline Connie4Jim

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10627
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 07:33:37 pm »
Quite normal. It's called Connie Fondling and its a sign of love.  :57: :-*  :72:

After about 18 months the "shine" wears off and instead you find yourself getting comfortable with her.

After 10 years you are very settled and she is farkled to the max and EXACTLY how you want her.
You trust her implicitly and would ride her to the ends of the earth and back if you could afford the time/money.  :motonoises:

After 20 years she blows her headgasket for the 3rd time in a year  :41: and you finally start looking for a newer more reliable model,... normally younger too.

You know, for some reason this all seems familiar,........ :rotflmao:

Connie Fondling....perfect.  And yes, Boomer, it's all too familiar.   :beerchug:
2010 Concours 1400
2003 Suzuki SV650 naked
2009 KLX250
CDA # 0443

"Like your own personal roller coaster..."

Offline Bruiser

• Bruiser
  • Sport Tourer
  • kiss philosophy gets it done quicker and simpler
  • AREA: Northwest Area
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 07:20:46 am »
Excuse me while I go touch my Connie... :great:
Bruiser

2012 Kawasaki C14
93 Kawasaki C10
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1980 Kawasaki KZ1000ST
1978 Honda CB750F
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
1976 Honda 750K
1973 Honda CB500K
1973 Honda SL175
1972 Honda SL125

Offline smooth_operator

• government isn't the solution to our problems. government is the problem!
  • Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 10773
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 11:54:42 pm »
I don't get mine for a couple of weeks so I just look at pictures on the web and smile. For a real thrill I find one of those walk around sites to see all the bike.

It's kinda sick really.....   But in a good way. :beerchug:
75 MT 125 Esinore   73 CB 360T  82 Virago 920  08 Metropolitan II "step through"  2012 C14  Candy Arabian Red

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties that standing armies.
--Thomas Jefferson
 CDA 553                               END THE FED!!

Offline Volcantour

• Sport Tourer
  • Ride long and prosper
  • COG#: 8892
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 09:21:52 pm »
Okay, I know I'm fairly new to the forum and even newer to the Concours.  Actually, joined this forum before I got the C14.   :beerchug:.  I've got a new 2010 delivered last week (had 2 miles on it).  Took it for a long ride this weekend with Poorboy up into the NE Georgia mountains.  Good times.   :motonoises: :great:  70 degrees in January?!?

Paul and I enjoyed talking about our bikes almost as much as riding them.  Now we're paying a price for the beautiful weather.  Rain, Rain, and more Rain.   :'(  Then it's supposed to get colder, although that's probably not going to stop me from riding  >:D

Here's my question:  I find myself going into the garage for various business and spending  A LOT of extra time in there just doing walk arounds, flicking off dust, rubbing out any smudge marks that weren't there before.  Who's been touching my ride?   ;)  Probably me the last time I found an excuse to take a tour.

Is it just me, or do you guys find yourselves stopping and staring at your bikes with one of these planted on your face?   :)

If you need an excuse for a ride (yeah, right), try out one of wrench sessions being held March 23 in Florida, Georgia, or South Carolina: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/Calendar.cfm?clubID=1328. Run With the Wolf Rally is in April, and a host of other events are scheduled this year. Hope to see you soon!
Tom
TCARS, y'all

COG #8892  CDA #0309  IBA #45302
1999 Concours, 2017 DL650 XT
SE AAD

Offline Bruiser

• Bruiser
  • Sport Tourer
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 10:43:40 pm »
Today being Sunday, I just went for a ride, w/ nowhere in mind.  Sunny and 50 out right now.  Love my Concours.
Bruiser

2012 Kawasaki C14
93 Kawasaki C10
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1980 Kawasaki KZ1000ST
1978 Honda CB750F
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
1976 Honda 750K
1973 Honda CB500K
1973 Honda SL175
1972 Honda SL125

Offline Volcantour

• Sport Tourer
  • Ride long and prosper
  • COG#: 8892
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 01:52:42 am »
Here in the Sunny South, it was 38... >:(
TCARS, y'all

COG #8892  CDA #0309  IBA #45302
1999 Concours, 2017 DL650 XT
SE AAD

Offline motonerd14

• Nerd n' Ziggy
  • Street Cruiser
  • Go West, young man...
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 02:30:21 am »
Oh man did I ever get a bad case of Connie Polishing today. Got home from a frigid but fun ride and started attacking any spots with some Mother's Spray wax. As I was doing this, I was talking to him, telling him how much I appreciated his surefootedness and high performance engine.

I think I'm in love...
2012 C14 - 'Ziggy'
2005 KLR650 - 'Klara'

Offline Bruce_Reafsnider_TN

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 03:34:26 am »
Oh man did I ever get a bad case of Connie Polishing today. Got home from a frigid but fun ride and started attacking any spots with some Mother's Spray wax. As I was doing this, I was talking to him, telling him how much I appreciated his surefootedness and high performance engine.

I think I'm in love...
I' m not ever going to mention waxing a male and thinking love thoughts.....my bike is decidedly female.   :sign0135:

Offline Toaster

• Bicycle
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 03:46:34 am »
Got home from two months in Hawaii (Big Island) and as I walked by my Red 09 Connie in the garage, she hugged me (No I hunger her). Got up early this AM and took the cover off her and sat on her for 20 munites, with a big smile on my face  :) :)I know I would never admit it publicly, especially in front of my wife of 42 year. BUT I love my Connie :motonoises: To wet and cold to ride her in Gibsons BC today >:(

Offline DanL

• Scooter
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2013, 08:57:02 pm »
I did that for a while. Now it's filthy and nasty and I just ride it. I really do need to give it a bath. As soon as my hose thaws out!

Offline smooth_operator

• government isn't the solution to our problems. government is the problem!
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 10773
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2013, 01:24:12 am »
Went to my dealership today to pick up the Kijoke keys and my owners manual cuz I wanted to read up on my bike before I pick it up on Tuesday. So I get all that stuff and then I stare at my bike for a few minutes. Then sat down to read the owners manual. Then looked at the other bikes on the floor. Then went back to my bike to look her over again.  and again.  Next thing I know the manager is saying sorry buddy, we're closing, ya gotta leave. I almost wanted to cry :'( :'(  I had been staring at my baby almost two hours!!!
75 MT 125 Esinore   73 CB 360T  82 Virago 920  08 Metropolitan II "step through"  2012 C14  Candy Arabian Red

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties that standing armies.
--Thomas Jefferson
 CDA 553                               END THE FED!!

Offline nando

• Transport C-14
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 10454
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2013, 03:13:27 am »
Went to my dealership today to pick up the Kijoke keys and my owners manual cuz I wanted to read up on my bike before I pick it up on Tuesday. So I get all that stuff and then I stare at my bike for a few minutes. Then sat down to read the owners manual. Then looked at the other bikes on the floor. Then went back to my bike to look her over again.  and again.  Next thing I know the manager is saying sorry buddy, we're closing, ya gotta leave. I almost wanted to cry :'( :'(  I had been staring at my baby almost two hours!!!

Ha!...it sounds like you are gonna have to put those engine guards on before you ride...yiiihhaaa!
I am voting for anyone who wasn't there during the government shut-down.

Offline DeansZG

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2013, 11:12:54 pm »

Ohhhhh...THAT"S why you weren't polishing it in the driveway this afternoon when I rode thru your neighborhood!    ;D   Thought you might have brought it home already....  I had a couple of accessories I wanted to get installed today, but it was too nice out not to get in the 1st ride of the season.
   Looks like a cool down for toosday, but no rain at least.

Offline motonerd14

• Nerd n' Ziggy
  • Street Cruiser
  • Go West, young man...
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2013, 11:24:47 pm »
Just washed and waxed mine for the first time today. Man do these bikes have soft paint! It's not even two weeks old and I found quite a few very small, fine scratches, especially on the side panels where I guess my riding pants rub up against the plastic.  :'(

Put a nice thick coat of wax on there for now, followed up with a spray on wax just to give it a little extra protection.

Going to do the full polish and wax with 3M One Step Cleaner wax and then Liquid Glass early next month.
2012 C14 - 'Ziggy'
2005 KLR650 - 'Klara'

Offline Bruiser

• Bruiser
  • Sport Tourer
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2013, 04:06:27 am »
Now there is definitely something wrong w/ calling your Connie a "him", and waxing "him".  No, no, no! :-\      Nando, why don't you just give me those Canyon Cagers, and call it a donation?   :beerchug:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:10:27 am by Bruce »
Bruiser

2012 Kawasaki C14
93 Kawasaki C10
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1980 Kawasaki KZ1000ST
1978 Honda CB750F
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
1976 Honda 750K
1973 Honda CB500K
1973 Honda SL175
1972 Honda SL125

Offline LakeTrax

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2013, 04:07:24 pm »
The comment on the first page about a mare looking for molasses crunch had me :rotflmao:! I must admit, I've caught myself groping the outer buldges of both headlights :-\ . This thread is hilarious...

Offline Gumby

• Officer
  • Sport Tourer
  • Black 2011
  • COG#: 10640
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2013, 01:46:00 pm »
This is why I spend most my evenings in the garage?