Author Topic: Fit and finish?  (Read 553 times)

Offline Ninja

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 11900
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Fit and finish?
« on: May 08, 2015, 07:22:34 pm »
I have owned multiple Kawasaki's in the past and I know that Kawi is not especially known for their fit and finish. I have already owned a 2008 and 2010 C14. But man the gaps between the tank and the fairing are really off and not even close to the same on both sides of the 2015 I am about to purchase. Anyone, have experience with adjusting the fairing and/or tank to get the gaps closer to the same on both sides? I guess what asking is; can adjustments be made to decrease and or match up the gaps?

Now the fit and finish on my 2015 H2 is impeccable, I love to just hang out in the garage when not riding and just stare at it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:49:26 am by Ninja »
2015 BMW S1000R - Replaced 2015 H2
2014 ZX-6R (track bike) replaced 2011 10R
2015 C14 - Fastest Color "Candy Lime Green"!
2005 KDX 200, 1984 Honda V65 Magna only 10K miles and immaculate and a 1983 Honda V45 Interceptor (Restoration project)

Offline jwh20

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Fit and finish?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 07:35:19 pm »
I've owned multiple Kawasaki's and currently have 3 and from my viewpoint, Kawi's fit and finish is among the best in the business!  That said, I think the issue you are seeing is a dealer-prep issue, not a factory issues.  They should have adjusted the body panels to be in alignment as a part of setting up the bike.  If they didn't then it's still on them.  If they won't, then go elsewhere!  I expect a NEW bike to be perfect!

The fit here is mostly due to the metal under-pinning that holds the edges of the body panels in place.  This is fairly stout but bendable steel.  If you have ever worked on a C14 that has been dropped (mine was before I got it and the PO didn't fix it) you can take the panels off, check the needed adjustment, and bend to get the panels to end up right.  But I'd let the dealer take care of this on a new model as it's his problem, not yours.
2012 Concours 14 Arabian Red
"Debbie Downer" according to some...