Author Topic: 15,000 mile service already!  (Read 1023 times)

Offline RideBellChain

• I ride because I can...
  • Street Cruiser
  • Nothing like a good sweeper on an empty road...
    • RideBellChain.com Send a bell, receive a free bell!
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10039
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
15,000 mile service already!
« on: March 20, 2013, 08:44:52 pm »
Well...just picked my girl up from the shop...I can't believe we have 15k miles already...it's been a year.

I put on new PR3's, new front brake pads, had the prepaid work done (valves), new Amsoil and filter, and made sure they washed it, too. (They conveniently forget although that's part of the pre-paid deal).

So I've been riding my cruiser around for the last 2 days...and wow, I am so in love with my Concours...not that my Yamaha Royal Star Venture isn't a beautiful bike, but damn, it's like a love-affair with the Connie...

$600 out the door today, but I don't mind....it's like brand-spankin new again!  :)

Can't wait for my new Corbin seat to arrive...it's in transit.  So I guess I'm ready for spring in the Tennessee mountains in May - we're going to Beech Mountain for 4 days of riding with the boyz...

My mom survived her cancer surgery 2 weeks ago, and they "got it all" (3rd time survivor), business is picking up at the office, and my wife is happy and loving the Concours, too, after going to Daytona last week.

Life is good.   :beerchug:
Ride Safe!
Mark
http://www.RideBellChain.com

Road Captain SCRC 456 - West Palm Beach, FL
ROK ROK100028857

Offline PaleRider

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northwest Area
Re: 15,000 mile service already!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 09:45:34 pm »
Well...just picked my girl up from the shop...I can't believe we have 15k miles already...it's been a year.

I put on new PR3's, new front brake pads, had the prepaid work done (valves), new Amsoil and filter, and made sure they washed it, too. (They conveniently forget although that's part of the pre-paid deal).

So I've been riding my cruiser around for the last 2 days...and wow, I am so in love with my Concours...not that my Yamaha Royal Star Venture isn't a beautiful bike, but damn, it's like a love-affair with the Connie...

$600 out the door today, but I don't mind....it's like brand-spankin new again!  :)

Can't wait for my new Corbin seat to arrive...it's in transit.  So I guess I'm ready for spring in the Tennessee mountains in May - we're going to Beech Mountain for 4 days of riding with the boyz...

My mom survived her cancer surgery 2 weeks ago, and they "got it all" (3rd time survivor), business is picking up at the office, and my wife is happy and loving the Concours, too, after going to Daytona last week.

Life is good.   :beerchug:

Congratulations on your mom's progress, the rest is just cool. :)
Have Owned 2004 Honda VFR, 2004 Honda ST1300, 2000 Triumph Sprint ST.
Now 2012 ZG1400 in Pearl Arabian Red

Offline Gumby

• Officer
  • Sport Tourer
  • Black 2011
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 10640
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 10:22:31 pm »

Offline Stewart

• Road Bike
  • Aussie living in the USA
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 9380
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 07:55:38 pm »
Good luck to your mum.

Can you share details on the valve inspection/adjustment? How many were out of spec etc.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline RideBellChain

• I ride because I can...
  • Street Cruiser
  • Nothing like a good sweeper on an empty road...
    • RideBellChain.com Send a bell, receive a free bell!
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10039
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 12:53:11 pm »
Thanks guys!

I never got any paperwork on the valves.

Honestly, I don't know if I can tell any difference...supposedly they changed the plugs and did the valve job...I can't tell.  I'm SURE they were not that out of adjustment, and asked if I could hold off until 20k miles, but the tech told me this is the scheduled interval...  I just wish I could "trust" the dealership, but I don't.

I rode in rain last night, and thought the PR3's stuck like glue. I wasn't riding crazy or anything, but just riding normal.
Ride Safe!
Mark
http://www.RideBellChain.com

Road Captain SCRC 456 - West Palm Beach, FL
ROK ROK100028857