Author Topic: Partzilla  (Read 897 times)

Offline Lee

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Partzilla
« on: November 21, 2018, 08:06:14 pm »
I found a good price on a fob from partzilla. I e,ailed them several times to ,are sure the code was on the package. They emailed me back and said their technician said the Kawasaki technician doesn’t need the code to set it up. I e,ailed him the kipass book that talked about the code, I told them that if there is no code I’ll have to return it for a refund. Apparently they have genuine parts but not genuine packaging?

Offline CRocker

• Sport Tourer
  • '02 C10 CDA # 416
  • AREA: South Central Area
Re: Partzilla
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 08:41:27 pm »
Pretty sure Kawasaki ships out all their genuine parts in genuine packaging...

Offline Charliedog

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 09:12:34 pm »
Are you talking the active or passive fobs?  I ordered two of the passive ones from Partzilla when I didn't get one from the dealer when I got the bike.  After I ordered them, the salesman found my passive fob.  I just checked the packaging, and there's no code on the genuine Kawi packaging.  I haven't decided if/when I'll get them programmed, so I can't comment on whether or not the technician needs a code off them.  FWIW they did not come with an analog key blank for a locksmith to cut.  Maybe that's why the price is so good... 

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 10:07:14 pm »
passive fobs don't come with a CODE number.

Neither replacement fobs come with keys.

Only FOB that comes with a CODE number is the large Active Transponder FOB... the one with a battery.
IT MUST HAVE A CODE NUMBER in the package... without it, it's not any good.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline gpd323

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 10:20:50 pm »
PS: Partzilla had the best price, I recall paying $190 for the Active BIG FOB at the time.

When my FOB went bye bye on my first trip I had it in a quilted liner that flew off my bike and went hundreds of feet down towards a river when I crossed a bridge in CA. Boy that sucked. At the time I have never carried a spare key, I do now.

So I purchased a replacement FOB and it came in a boxed package with # to use to reprogram. I took the bike to a Kawasaki shop and 30 minutes later had a working FOB again.

This was for the main BIG FOB.

The other part of the story is I hit a deer on that maiden trip, and then when my new FOB and plastics arrived at my door step, porch thieves grabbed them and I had to do the order all over again.

One expensive trip.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 10:26:01 pm by gpd323 »
Greg Downing
Beautiful Downtown Spanaway
Washington State

Ride while you can.

Offline Lee

• Tricycle
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 11:16:09 pm »
Got the big fob amd last cable I’m the mail today. Now I’m outside trying to get KDS to load on my computer. What windows is it For anyway?