Author Topic: 2010 Concours 14000 Review  (Read 10353 times)

Offline Fred_Harmon_TX

• COG Technical Editor
  • Industry Member
  • Iron Butt
    • Angel Ride Videos
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 2170
  • Membership Level: Active
2010 Concours 14000 Review
« on: October 20, 2009, 03:52:00 pm »
Next week I am flying out to California (courtesy of Kawasaki) to test ride the new 2010 Concours with some of the other motojournalist from various cycle magazines. I will have the bike for a full day and will have a really good chance to get a feel for it, and will also be getting lots of photos.    Needless to say, this is a big honor for me and I am real excited about it. But more importantly, it will allow me to give you all a first hand report of the changes on the 2010. I will be writing an article that will get published in this issue of the Concourier, and the Concourier Editor (Bob Burns) is holding up printing so that my article will be in the current issue. So it's my fault that he will be behind schedule a bit, but I will try to make it worth your while.    If you are not a COG member this would be an ideal time to join, BEFORE the current issue gets mailed out. This will enable you to read the ride report on the new generation C14.    I will be taking a close look at the bike and trying to anticipate and answer some of your questions. If you have any specific things you would like me to look at, let me know.  
Fred H.

Thanksgiving Sale in Effect now!  Concours 1400 Maintenance Videos 
http://www.angelridevideos.com

Offline kawcon14rider

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 8557
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 06:16:00 pm »
Glad to hear you are getting this opportunity. I know you will do the club justice. Looking forward to your report.  Ride safe and enjoy.  
Sammie Timmons  COG# 8557  CDA#0291  AMA# 818592 SCAAD 74 GT380 totaled  74 GT750 totaled  80 GS850 totaled  05 Vulcan 750 traded  08 C14 my baby  08 Versys (my wife's) 2012 Ninja 250 [thanks Kawasaki for the gift]

Offline Bobber

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 2994
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 09:43:00 pm »
I had the privilege and pleasure of attending the press intro on the 2008 model and it was a wonderful experience.  I am sure you will enjoy it and do the club proud with your report.      Bob Sherwood  COG #2994  COG Industry Liaison  MSF RiderCoach  Statesboro, GA
Bob Sherwood

Offline S Smith

• Northeast Area Director
  • Officer
  • I Need a Life
    • COG Northeast Area Home Page
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 3184
  • Membership Level: Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 07:55:00 am »
Fred - thanks for taking on this difficult and most painful assignment for the club. I look forward to your review as I might be in the market for a new bike this coming year.    --  Steve Smith, COG #3184  COG Northeast Area Director  (somewhere in south central CT)    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
| Steve Smith | COG #3184 |

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

millerized

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 09:15:00 am »
Guess the best I can say is "Sucks to be you".  Thanks for taking one for the team.  I'm sure we will all remember it come beer:30.   ;)  http://millerized.com/pegs  I'll be in the garage  COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g

Offline raulb

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 10:54:00 am »
What I want to know is, I'm already in California, why didn't they ask me instead of you?  Just 'cause you made some high falutin' maintenance videos and know how to wright?  Pshaw!  They shoulda 'vited us Connie droppin' illiterates 'stead.    Have fun!  
_____________________________________  raulb        2003 Connie  COG #6043  CDA #281  AMA #699463    "It may not be smart or correct, but it's one of the things that make us what we are."    --Red Green, "The New Red

Offline bob14

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 8211
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 05:52:00 pm »
Interested to find out what you think. A few questions come to mind about further changes most   notably tank size and cruise control.I think from what we see about the '10 model they fixed a lot of the gripes we had and this should be a great ride for you.  Bob      
Bob Mason  Albuquerque New Mexico  08 Concours 14  05 Triumph Tiger  84 GPZ1100  74  750 Kawa MachIV  71  500 Kawa MachIII

Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Offline Fred_Harmon_TX

• COG Technical Editor
  • Industry Member
  • Iron Butt
    • Angel Ride Videos
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 09:11:00 am »
 This is a huge opportunity for Fred as the Concours Owners Group's asst. tech editor and C14 guru. I look forward to reading his article as his reviews are always insightful and detailed. Remember, Fred's review will be published only in the The Concourier, which is the member only magazine from COG. The current issue is on hold waiting for Fred, so there is still time to join the club and be included on the mailing list for this issue. Act now... unfortunately once the issue is printed and distributed, that is it. No back issues are available.  
   Glad you brought this up, although folks really shouldn't need any additional incentive to join COG, as it has long been one of the Premier Motorcycle Owners Groups. The old saying, "Join for the bike, stay for the people" really rings true with this club. It is one of the few owners clubs that is NON-PROFIT and is solely focused on riding activities and not trying to make money. Furthermore, it is one of the only Motorcycle Clubs I know of that is geared toward folks who really ride, and consider themselves to be "serious riders".  Personally, I have made life long friends through COG.    And though COG was originally formed around the previous generation Concours, we have a growing contingent of owners that have switched over to the C14. Personally, I would like to see more of the newer generation of C14 owners join and become active in the organization, because everyone benefits as a whole when you join, and not just because of the dues you pay, but because the strength of the club comes from it's membership. I can't count how many technical issues have been solved and fixes found for issues by club members. Those fixes have been shared and passed down over the years and the collective knowledge base of the owners has grown greatly as a result. And while I am the currently designated C14 Tech Editor, everyone knows that the real "meat" of most of the technical content and tips come from COG's many members. The organization draws it's strength from it's membership base, and each and every one of the individual members gain from the collective strength COG has.     Over recent years, Kawasaki has taken notice of COG and is more actively engaging the club. This opportunity for me to test ride the new bike is just more evidence of that. And now that we have the manufactures attention, we may indeed be able to have some input on things we would like to see changed or fixed on subsequent generations of the Concours. Imagine that!    And yes, you can sit on the sidelines and just read the internet forums and and get some of the same info that members get, but you will miss out on a lot of the clubs activities and events, and you will also miss out on opportunities to contribute to the club yourself, which is really where the most rewards are found. Being an active and contributing member of the club gives back many fold, and is well worth the investment. Ask any of our members and see if they don't agree.    I will try to answer as many of the questions that have been raised that I can in my article for the Concourier, which should start getting mailed out just one week after my test ride. You will also find several new technical articles in this issue aimed specifically at C14 owners, and I am making it my goal to get a lot more C14 technical content into every issue that comes out.    Here is the On Line membership site if you are interested in joining.  http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/ClubStatic.cfm?clubID=1328&pubmenuoptID=18566        
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:11:00 pm by Fred_Harmon_TX »
Fred H.

Offline raulb

• Bicycle
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 05:51:00 pm »
I don't want to hijack your thread, Fred (sorry, couldn't resist), but you said:    
And yes, you can sit on the sidelines and just read the internet forums and and get some of the same info that members get, but you will miss out on a lot of the clubs activities and events, and you will also miss out on opportunities to contribute to the club yourself, which is really where the most rewards are found.
   I live in Los Angeles.  What activities?      Sure, I could ride hundreds of miles to go somewhere there are activities, but there is nothing ever on the calendar within this area.  Someone recently asked about a wrenching party in the LA area and although many of us said we would like to attend one, no one who would know what they were doing offered to help.      For years, the closest thing to LA that I have seen on the calendars is the "Backta Shasta" ride a couple of months ago, and I could not get away.  Nor could I have managed to ride that far just to ride some more--and then home (oh my aching backside just thinking about it).      As to contributing myself, I have to see it is worthwhile--to me (and I don't mean for my ego).  Yes, that is selfish, but by nature, I am not an organizer, neither am I a leader.  I am a follower.  Yet I will help (not just take part) as long as it already exists and does not depend on me for it to happen.  Again, yes, that is selfish.  
_____________________________________  raulb        2003 Connie  COG #6043  CDA #281  AMA #699463    "It may not be smart or correct, but it's one of the things that make us what we are."    --Red Green, "The New Red

Offline Fred_Harmon_TX

• COG Technical Editor
  • Industry Member
  • Iron Butt
    • Angel Ride Videos
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 07:03:00 pm »
Raulb,    I don't disagree with you that we need more activities in your area, and I certainly understand your frustration. Yours is one of the areas COG needs to get more events going on in, and I will bring your post to the attention of COG leadership. It has always been a bit of a struggle to get all the areas covered properly, and I too would like to see more efforts made for folks who live in the Western US. We not only need more rides in your area, but we also need more members from your area, so we can get better attendance at the events that are held.  
Fred H.

Offline kawcon14rider

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 8557
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 07:26:00 am »
Raulb I know where you are coming from. I also live in an area where the next closest member is 50 or more miles away. In a large metropolitan area like LA it should be fairly easy to put together an impromptu breakfast or ride to meet and get to know some of your fellow club members.     In my case living in a rural area it is not as easy. I do have rides or breakfast meets within 70 to 100 miles, the problem is I would have it the dark and being in one of the highest areas for deer auto accidents I do not care to ride in the dark.  With this said, I was aware of this when I joined the club.I still think that the knowledge gained from the other members is worth the cost. I also think that if all those who wish to gain insight from Fred's ride of the new C14 would join COG then maybe, just maybe there would be more members in rural areas also. I know that from reading the other forum that there a lot of people waiting to pick Fred's brain about the bike without joining COG. To me that would not be right because Kaw is flying Fred out to ride the bike because of his relationship (this is a press release,thus The Concourier) with COG. So I agree that the imfo should be for the members and members only.      
Sammie Timmons  COG# 8557  CDA#0291  AMA# 818592 SCAAD 74 GT380 totaled  74 GT750 totaled  80 GS850 totaled  05 Vulcan 750 traded  08 C14 my baby  08 Versys (my wife's) 2012 Ninja 250 [thanks Kawasaki for the gift]

millerized

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 07:46:00 am »
I  live in Los Angeles.  What activities?       Sure, I could ride hundreds of miles to go somewhere there are activities, but there is nothing ever on the calendar within this area.  Someone recently asked about a wrenching party in the LA area and although many of us said we would like to attend one, no one who would know what they were doing offered to help.  
   Then STEP UP! Get off of the "someone owes me" grandstand and get to work.    (I was gonna say get off your @$$ and plan a ride, but figured that'd be inappropriate)     IT IS NOT THAT HARD!  He77, if I can do it, you can too.  Next time you go out to your favorite riding spots, take a few seconds at every turn to write down the route.  If you're GPS enabled, it gets even easier.  Set down in front of the computer, plot it out, then go ride it. Get home, put those to paper or pixels.  Give a shout out to your local COG compadre, post the route sheet and a meeting point, then go ride.  Simple thing to do.      If no one shows up, go riding.  If lots of people show up, go riding.  There's no losers here. If they don't like the route, tell them to come up with a better route or you'll sully THEIR name on COG.    These are some of the easiest going people you'll ever have the pleasure of riding with.     As far as wrenching, learn to read the manuals, both Kawasaki's and the Clymers.  You don't need someone who knows what they're doing, you need to start learning.  I can teach my cat to do a valve adjust.  I've got squirrels out front that can do a better job of air filter changes than the cats can.  This is the most basic bike (C10, but the C14 can be learned as well) you'll ever lay a wrench to.  Besides, 2 heads are better than one.    Never be afraid to make a mistake.  You'll learn from that mistake, and pass right by it the next time.     Pretty soon, YOU'LL be the one hosting the wrenchfests, planning the rides, teaching others, and end up AAD, AD or maybe even with ADHD when it comes to COG events.     The first COG journey starts with a single push of the starter button.    http://millerized.com/pegs  I'll be in the garage  COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g  
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 10:53:00 am by millerized »

Offline sgtsandbagger

• Big Wheels
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 06:33:00 pm »
Can't wait until Fred gets back from Cali! The 2010 C-14 is going to be the cream of the ST crop.  

Offline Haroldo

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 8728
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 12:53:00 pm »
Raulb,      I see I wasn't the only one thinking the same thing as you. See my bitchin'  here:    http://forum.concours.org/index.php?topic=55073.0       COG is really a Central- Eastern US club. Us folk in the West coast really join for the Concourier, that's it...And we can't even print back issues...  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:53:00 pm by Haroldo »

millerized

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 02:36:00 pm »
::off-topic::  Top right of the page, farthest thing usually at that corner.  Yeah, the little X thing in the block.  Click it, and all your COG related problems will go away.    I will reiterate what I wrote above, and paraphrase some nameless American guy:  Ask NOT what COG can do for you, ask what you can do FOR COG.    Have Raul send you a copy of what I PM'd him.  What I wrote was pretty much giving him pointers on how to make things happen within your local COG area. There's no reason to NOT have something to do in your area if YOU take charge and YOU plan it. That is, unless, you're just wanting someone to do all the work.    Doesn't the ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!  ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!  ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!  ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!  ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!  ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!  ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!  ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!  ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!ME!  ME! get tiring after a while?::/off-topic::    Oh, and stay tuned about the first of November.  You'll see just how easy it is to contribute to COG.  Or push the "X".  Your choice.    http://millerized.com/pegs  I'll be in the garage  COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:39:00 pm by millerized »

Offline S Smith

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 03:28:00 pm »
 COG is really a Central- Eastern US club.  
   Nope... This is a member driven, grass roots, volunteer based, nationwide (even international)club. The officers keep things chugging along for members worldwide, but it is unreasonable to expect the limited volunteer staff to host events in every member's backyard. When it comes down to activities, members need to get involved. If it looks like there is more activity in other areas, then there are more members there stepping forward, raising their hand, and saying "I'll do that."    When I joined in 1998 there were no COG rides or events here in Connecticut, so I took my cue from others I read about in the Concourier and hosted a ride in the summer of '99. Folks rode in from PA, NJ, NY, and CT to enjoy a 150-200 mile ride and and after ride cookout at my place. I caught the bug. The following year I was one of the hosts of a spring rally and hosted another summer day ride. Since then I have been involved with the planning and execution of several regional rallies and two national rallies.    If doing something good for the club and other members it not the right motivation, then consider it from the selfish perspective... If you host a ride or activity then it means you have a COG event to go to.    Get more involved with COG and maybe it could be "you" going to a Kawasaki press intro or dealer show.  Fred is not the first member to attend one of these, and he won't be the last.      --  Steve Smith, COG #3184  COG Northeast Area Director  (somewhere in south central CT)    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 06:31:00 pm by SSmith_3184 »

There is more to be gained by members raising hands saying "I'll do that" instead of pointing fingers saying "nobody's doing that."

Offline Haroldo

• Tricycle
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 04:52:00 pm »
Sure, that's what the "official" book says about COG, that its a national club, etc. But in reality, it's not. Want proof? Go to the past history of the anyual gatherings and see where the VAST majority of them where held...Take a guess! Central and Eastern US. Surprise? Not really. That's because most members reside in that area, and they wouldn't want to ride all the way to the West coast.     I understand that COG is a volunteer driven organization, but I'm tired and sick of hearding "Want an event? Host one!". What you should say is this:    "If you leave in central and eastern US, join COG! We have rallies and gatherings for you! No need to lift a finger because most members live here, so there will be events! If you live in the west coast, you're SOL! Better host an event yourself!"     That is the truth: COG IS BASED IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN US.    That's how I see it. My biggest frustration is, again, the inability of printing past issues of the Concorier...but I gave up on that one.    Another thing. To ask a brand new member to host an event themselves is retarted. Come on, be real. I just joined some club. I don't know anyone. How do I start to get involved? I go to some event to meet people first, see what its all about, and then start to involve myself from there.    Now, you want somebody who has never been to any of these events, who doesn't know anyone, to "stop thinking about ME" and host an event? GET REAL!    Most people in the east side there start to get involved in the club by going to the events, not by hosting one! Be realistic.  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 08:10:00 pm by Haroldo »

Offline S Smith

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 05:37:00 pm »

Now, you want somebody who has never been to any of these events, who doesn't know anyone, to "stop thinking about ME" and host an event? GET REAL!  
     I never went to a COG event before organizing one. I did not know other members before organizing one.  There was no Internet forum back then meet others to chat with or whine to.  I wanted to meet more members and chose to be part of the solution, not complain about the problem. If I can do it, so can anyone else.      --  Steve Smith, COG #3184  COG Northeast Area Director  (somewhere in south central CT)    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

millerized

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 06:45:00 pm »
Here's how it works. If you need a better explanation, well, I guess you're going to have lots to cry about in the future.          You put out a post: Hey guys, I'm going riding to XXXxx Sunday afternoon.  If someone wants to get together and say "HI!", be at the front of the XXXX at 12pm. We'll go in, set down, eat/drink/be merry.  When we're done, we'll leave.    Holy crap, you just hosted a "meet, greet and eat". Look for the guys on motorcycles, as it makes it easier to figure who came.  Oh, it gets better!    Write down your favorite route, the turns, the mileage, make a few copies.  Do the above "meet here" pass out the route sheets (your favorite route is now a route sheet) and go riding. At the end of the ride, go home    Holy Krikees, you just hosted a "meet, eat and greet with a ride"!  Oh, yeah baby!.  But, wait, there's more...    "Hey guys, let's start at XXXX, use my favorite route sheet, and go to XXXXXX.  Let's eat, then ride back to XXXX (or another destination) then go home"      Wow, just wow.  You just hosted a RTE. Good Lord, Johnny, tell him what's he's won!    Do the same thing, but make XXXX a campground, do the above stuff, and Christ on a Cracker, you just hosted an event. Given the good luck that there are a few folks that can read your posts, you're now the 'go to guy' in your area.  Teach someone to do what you just did, and you now have 2 who can host rides. DO this a few times, get a few more people, a few more route sheets, and within a year you can be hosting a Nationals in your home town or your favorite riding area.      Lord knows you've got the mouthpiece and with a little practice correct keyboard skills, just tune up your spelling and start posting the stuff above instead of whining that someone else isn't doing it for you.      I host quarterly Meet, Greet and Eats for some local gun enthusiasts, and if I can get a bunch of Glock vs. Beretta vs. Kimber guys together (with no fatalities yet), you can sure as hell get a bunch of guys that are probably riding the same bike together.     It's easy, fun, and if you're not an a** like me, folks will even show up. Even if you are, you'll still have folks show up.  Hell, we're COG.  We tolerate a**'s just to go riding.  That's why folks come to mine.    Now, can we take this back to the ZG14?  I'm sure Fred would appreciate his sacrifice not being lost on folks.        http://millerized.com/pegs  I'll be in the garage  COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 09:54:00 pm by millerized »

Offline Haroldo

• Tricycle
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 06:53:00 pm »
Your "Christ on a cracker" made me blow coffee out of my nose laughing. So thanks for that. It was special.    Sure, anyone can host rides and whatever. I get what you're saying.     But you can't deny the favoritism of this club to host the national rallies in the central east side of this country. That's where most members are, so that's where the National "Shift'n Grinning" is held. And that was my point. It is an eastern club.     Should I copy and paste the page with the history of the past national gatherings for you?    Still, you can't print the Concourier :confuse:  

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 07:02:00 pm »
 I joined a while back. I never could make any events that seemed to be anywhere near me. The first time I actually met any COG members wasn't at a COG event. It was at rider skills class. I barely knew anyone.   Before I actually attended an actual COG event. I already had a plan in the works to try to host a ride. I figured that if there wasn't much I could make, I would make an event myself (if possible). I traveled to two other states to make meet and greets. I was never able to make the ones that they had in my state, closer to me. So I met a few more people.    I already had my ride idea underway when I finally went to my first actual COG ride or rally. That happened to be this years national rally in North Carolina. Of course it was near a thousand miles to get to my first event. That's where I put my plan into gear. I met another COG member who doesn't live too far from me who helped me co-host the event. Now before I could actually have my event, I made my second event 200+ miles from home.    Then we had my event. Then I made the NE fall rally. So after a few years on not making any events or really meeting anyone from COG, I managed to make some rides, two rallies, some meet and greets, as well as making a few unofficial COG rides with other COG people, this year alone.   My point is that I made the effort to get out there and meet some people. I planned my ride. I executed my ride through COG. And out of all the rides, rallies, meet and greets, as well as unofficial rides. The only one that took place close to home was the one I hosted. As a matter of fact, everything else was in other states. But I can tell you that I've met some great people. I enjoyed hosting my first ride. I'm now planning more rides for my area. Because that way I know there will be rides available somewhere close to my area. I got involved and I'm a happier man for it.    Bionic Bob  COG & AMA member  First C14 CDA member #0220  2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak  

millerized

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 07:09:00 pm »
They hold rallies over on this side of the US cause very few folks out there have gotten off their asses and presented their ideas to COG management.    Period. Unless I missed the conspiracy.  (I'd be so disappointed if I did miss it, tho.  I do enjoy a good conspiracy)    I'd love to have a California, Nevada, Oregon Nationals in 2011.  There's still time for you to host it. This is your chance.  Host it and they will come. Give a few of these guys who've hosted them a shout.  Better yet, stop on by the next Nationals, offer to volunteer and see what you're going to have to do to host one in your area. (of course, by then it'd be the 2012 Nationals, and according to the Mayan calendar, the last one....EVER!) What a way for you to go out: Hosting the final COG National!    As I see it, you have about 250+ days to get your house in order, present your proposal to COG, and have the 2011 Nationals in your honor.    And if you want my Concourier's from now on, send me your address. I toss mine when I'm done since the cat's usually have had their way with them.  Someone out there should have the old ones and can scan them into .pdf.  Someone wants to send them to me, I'll be more than happy to scan them all and send them to you.  http://millerized.com/pegs  I'll be in the garage  COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 07:11:00 pm »
Quote:  [But you can't deny the favoritism of this club to host the national rallies in the central east side of this country. That's where most members are, so that's where the National "Shift'n Grinning" is held. And that was my point. It is an eastern club. ]      Yes there are a lot more members in the east. But to host a rally, you need to have members willing to host the event. If you don't have the people willing to do the work, plan the event, submit the plan, then execute it if accepted. It's not going to happen. People need to put forth an effort. If everyone sits around and says "why don't they have a rally out west?" But nobody is willing to host the event. Well then it isn't going to happen. Unfortunately for y'all, the people who seem to step up to the plate seem to be mostly on the east/ central US.    Bionic Bob  COG & AMA member  First C14 CDA member #0220  2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak  

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 07:31:00 pm »
Besides wasn't last years national held Jun 2-6, 2008 "COG at 10,000" Frisco, Colorado? Isn't that much closer to the south west than the north east?    Bionic Bob  COG & AMA member  First C14 CDA member #0220  2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak  

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 6197
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 11:53:00 am »
Should I copy and paste the page with the history of the past national gatherings for you?     Hmmm am I missing something?  I Count 16 out of 30 nationals west of the Mississippi.  You southwesters are just slackin.   Photos[/url]
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107