Author Topic: 2012 Concours 14P  (Read 548 times)

Offline Michael

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
2012 Concours 14P
« on: August 04, 2017, 12:01:37 am »
Just bought a former police bike from a local city. Good condition but I need small things like a hinge for the hard top case. It appears to be unique to the police bikes. Where would I be able to order something like that?

Can't find a source for any of the standard police accessories.

I do realize that this bike was recalled for a fuse problem but this bike has been stripped of all the police electrics so I shouldn't have that problem. I'm just having a problem finding the standard 14P parts.

Suggestions?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: 2012 Concours 14P
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 01:55:34 am »
Several private companies were outfitting them, and used various hard cases, but most were custom fit with custom mounts and such... doo some googling for "police bike outfitters", and if you see the same trunk, contact them and ask, or better yet, post pics up here, and someone will do some searching based on eyeballing the trunk...

As for the wires and de-police mods, cross your fingers, and hope whoever pulled the stuff off, didn't just pull the stuff off, and leave wires all over, or bogus splices with dangling mystery wires... I would remove the plastic parts, and examine closely looking for mystery wires and splices... that stuff will come back and haunt ya, especially if you start blowing fuses, and getting mystery short circuits... the C14 CANBUS system isn't fun to trouble shoot, let alone when stuff gets unplugged and messed with.
Best of luck, show us some photos, the more, the better, especially that trunk.

Quick search turned this up
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/business/article_0e7a5c84-e6c4-11df-8a69-001cc4c03286.html

Probity cycle
https://www.bikes.re/company-probity-cycle-inc-in-mesa-az-10197

Other companies were Wattco
And Woodway in europe...
http://www.woodwayengineering.co.uk/kawasaki.html
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 02:40:02 am by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director
  • Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9932
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 11:27:55 pm »
What state/city? May help narrow the search. I know a dealer in Durango CO that was doing CO bikes.
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby.

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11323
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 11:52:40 pm »
Hi,
       Nice catch! :great:

I have a 2012 C14... >:D

I think that was a good year! ;D
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 12:10:31 am »
I should have asked also, but the majority were southwest, and made by Probity... Mesa , Az. , they did the Cali bikes also, not a lot anywhere else, as far as my recall...

Oh, be carefulnif you a googling this subject, I hit a website that looked fine,mand got a popup saying I won a free phone... and it wouldn't let me ditch it, during the attempts, it went loco, and said I just got infected and my Nook was going to be locked if I tried to exit... bastiches... I ditched it, so far, so good.. hopefully...

Surf safe... :rotflmao:

Offline Baggerjohn

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 12:26:39 am »
I have an email or three around here somewhere from Probity and a couple other LE equipment providers which discuss their various top-box accessory options, as I was looking to buy one for each bike in which to mount my ham radio gear. I'll see if I can find them, but in a nutshell: They were damn proud (price-wise) of those fiberglass boxes.  :o

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9032
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 12:34:41 am »
I have an email or three around here somewhere from Probity and a couple other LE equipment providers which discuss their various top-box accessory options, as I was looking to buy one for each bike in which to mount my ham radio gear. I'll see if I can find them, but in a nutshell: They were damn proud (price-wise) of those fiberglass boxes.  :o

Anything that is for Police, Fire or Ambulance gets a premium price because we all know Police, Fire and Ambulance have deep pockets and will pay those prices.   >:(
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 04:42:44 am »
Personally, if you want to replace the.hinge, go here after.measuring the bad one, and find what you need...
http://www.guden.com

i've used hundreds of their different styles and types, in the products I've designed over the last 20 years...
If you can't find what you need there, it isn't made anywhere....
I'm assuming you are wanting a stainless continuous piano hinge...
But the zinc plated ones don't rust, are easily drilled for pop rivets or screws, and when painted, last forever...
Even unpainted, they really don't rust up if you wax them.

Best of luck, forget trying to find a "stock one" from an outfitter, they will rob you blind, as.noted...