Author Topic: 2019 Concours  (Read 1309 times)

Offline bowtie39

• Road Bike
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 10014
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: 2019 Concours
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2018, 04:50:00 pm »
Can live with what is going to happen with the '19 BUT.....do they have a warehouse full of those dang hideous mufflers??  Please.....design something visually pleasing that will work with the bike's performance!
'16 Moondust Gray

Offline Fix ur Critter

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2018, 10:30:03 pm »
I'm glad they like motorcycles though; the world is a better place for it.

Chris

I am very happy for another year as well. I felt a little foolish for the sad feeling i had when there was talk that Connie would be no more.
Most of us know this is an industry in decline. I hope the millenials get off their dang phones and get out and ride..

BTW- hate the color scheme.. and while I never bought a bike just based on color.. it does matter.. at least a little..

Hears hoping for 2020 and beyond.. Thanks Kawasaki
Be Kind, especially to the innocent
Spay/Neuter always
Show interest to a kid, they will remember it for life

Offline strum

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12307
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2018, 11:15:09 pm »
I have to agree . I dont care for the color at all .
2008 C-14
Measurement is the first step that leads to control and eventually to improvement.
If you can't measure something, you can't understand it.
If you can't understand it, you can't control it.
If you can't control it, you can't improve it."

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2018, 11:23:46 pm »
Can live with what is going to happen with the '19 BUT.....do they have a warehouse full of those dang hideous mufflers??  Please.....design something visually pleasing that will work with the bike's performance!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

careful what you ask for...

it could be you will have to pay extreme prices, and still get a fuggly muffler...

all the folks are GaGa about the H2... so when that bike becomes the standard, for PRICE and looks... you can again complain...

NINJA H2™
MSRP $29,000
DESTINATION CHARGE $370 †
† Specifications and pricing are subject to change.
Dealer sets the actual destination charge, your price may vary.

and changing that muffler, ain't happening.. as it relates to the bikes operational needs...

Kaw also spread the fugliness onto the ZX1400... with it's dual color schema... at least it was used in a manner that seperated nicely between the parts fitup....

but...
you want a muffler? how about 2 of them, even worse.... :)) :)) :-\

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 11:31:01 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Daboo

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12797
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2018, 01:49:09 am »
I am very happy for another year as well. I felt a little foolish for the sad feeling i had when there was talk that Connie would be no more.
Most of us know this is an industry in decline. I hope the millenials get off their dang phones and get out and ride..
I'm taking a more laid back approach. :)  I love my 2014 BMW F800GT.  They started making them in 2013 and are still making them as of 2017.  They did update them to ride-by-wire in 2017, but that doesn't matter to me.  I like what I have.  If BMW quits making the F800GT, and I need a replacement...there are a lot of low mileage used models out there.  They'll take care of my needs till I'm too old to ride.

I go through what all of us do.   I look at the new bikes coming out and think of what they would be like to own.  It's fun.  Then I do something that never fails.  ;)  I compare what the new bike will give me...and what the new bike will cost me.  Never once have I looked at a new bike and been willing to part with many thousands of $$ to have a very small incremental improvement.  Like I said, I'm very happy with what I have.  I'm blessed.  :)

Chris

Chris
IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder

John 14:6

Offline bowtie39

• Road Bike
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 10014
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2018, 03:28:28 am »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

careful what you ask for...

it could be you will have to pay extreme prices, and still get a fuggly muffler...

all the folks are GaGa about the H2... so when that bike becomes the standard, for PRICE and looks... you can again complain...

NINJA H2™
MSRP $29,000
DESTINATION CHARGE $370 †
† Specifications and pricing are subject to change.
Dealer sets the actual destination charge, your price may vary.

and changing that muffler, ain't happening.. as it relates to the bikes operational needs...

Kaw also spread the fugliness onto the ZX1400... with it's dual color schema... at least it was used in a manner that seperated nicely between the parts fitup....

but...
you want a muffler? how about 2 of them, even worse.... :)) :)) :-\

Whatever
'16 Moondust Gray

Offline Old Man on a Connie

• South West Area Director
  • Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9932
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2018, 08:06:50 pm »
Here is what I posted up on the COG FB page. To add as we parted the Ma Kaw rep said keep that club going. My reply was keep making that bike and we will.
OK boys and girls. The 2019 Concours C14 release. Direct from the AIME show. Introduced myself and he said he know's of COG. I asked what was new for 2019. The rep told me it has cruise control. I looked at him, he looked at me, and we laughed and laughed. Only change is the BNG's. First look it looked like a Keith E Williams mashup. The silver and black hit me as odd. The silver matte finish looks kinda cool though. The green highlight stripe is nice. I tried to pry the rep with alcohol about Mom Kaw's intention for the future of the C14 and his lips were sealed. Mom Kaw ain't talking. I asked if Kaw was going to focus sport touring on the H2 platform. It was non committal. He said the H2 does have cruise. I replied yep, it also has a chain. No H2SX on the floor to check out though? He told me the 19 wasn't ready for the show. More to come from the AIME show.
Also to add besides the new wing and Feej I didn't see anything else in the field comparable. BMW was not at the show. Suzi doesn't offer a ST. And for a 15k MSRP? Left overs for 12.5? Like a limp----, can't beat it.
"I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do, It's a Concours. A C14 '11 silver to be precise." OTP 2017 Traveler. It was a Blast Baby.