Author Topic: Just joined COG today. Thinking about buying a C14......  (Read 4812 times)

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12127
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Just joined COG today. Thinking about buying a C14......
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2015, 10:05:58 pm »
I am in the market for a C14 and have been reading this forum for a few months, I plan on buying a 2015, I am 5'10" and the 2015 I had to tippy toe  to reach the ground, I read they are lower then the 2014 so not sure if I want to go to a year or two older,I ilke to buy new bikes but on my budget I wont be able to do mods for the first year.
                                     Just sold my Harley yesterday,hope im not off two wheels to long.

Offline SilverConnieRider

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 11953
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 01:05:18 am »
I am in the market for a C14 and have been reading this forum for a few months, I plan on buying a 2015, I am 5'10" and the 2015 I had to tippy toe  to reach the ground, I read they are lower then the 2014 so not sure if I want to go to a year or two older,I ilke to buy new bikes but on my budget I wont be able to do mods for the first year.

The trick to not being able to flat foot a bike, is to keep your right foot on the right peg and put your left foot down which should
reach flat footed.

Also lowing links are less then $100 so it's not too expensive to lower it a little bit if still needed.

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12127
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2015, 01:34:30 am »

The trick to not being able to flat foot a bike, is to keep your right foot on the right peg and put your left foot down which should
I am sure I will figure it out,been a few years since I been on a tall bike .
reach flat footed.

Also lowing links are less then $100 so it's not too expensive to lower it a little bit if still needed.

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2015, 01:56:54 am »
At 5'-10" you shouldn't have a need for lowering.
I assume that your used the the lower seating style of a Cruiser.
You'll quickly get used to the different seating.

Ride safe, Ted

14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline Docchaching

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 12158
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2015, 02:22:00 am »
Thanks for all the great responses! I went for a test ride 11/2/15 and I'm a born again motorcycle rider ;) i couldn't stop thinking about the responsiveness and handling. The feeling is like no other. What a rush!

I did it! I bought a 2011 Black Concours 14 at an amazing price! I pick it up next week. Looks like ill become an active member on the forum;)
" I will remember  that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm"

Modern Hippocratic Oath"

Offline Alan_Yucius_FL

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10583
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 02:51:40 am »
 :72:  Shawn,  Good move on the 011 and I hope you pay the dues and become a ACTIVE MEMBER.     :great:    The CLUB needs more support just to provide the FREE FORUM to prospective members.  They would not have the forum w/out the ACTIVE MEMBERS paying for it.    :33:    Don't spend money on your machine till you ride it for awhile. All you may have to do for  better footing when you stop is have the original seat cut down on the sides and that will bring your feet closer to the ground. Cheap fix!!    ;)           ENJOY       ALAN in S. Fl    :motonoises: :motonoises:

Offline dan4aspen

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2015, 02:57:47 am »
  :whoo: :wee_hee: :bravo_2: :1rij:  Good choice.  Glad you like the bike.  Let us know if you can ever get that Cat Ate the Canary grin off your face when you ride it.  They are great bikes.  Just pay close sttention to your speed.  90 to 100 is just getting warmed up on these bikes.  So easy and effortless to be flying without realizing it.  Hope you sign on to full member.  Come for the bikes, Stay for the people is sooo true.  Make sure to go to a Cog event soon, once you meet the people, you will make.friends for life, and won't be able to wait for the next!
BURN RUBBER, NOT YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Offline konehead

• Scooter
  • COG#: 9065
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2015, 03:32:55 am »
you never did say where abouts you live in the north central area....?

Offline Michael

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12095
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2015, 06:09:28 am »
I've owned a Honda Magna, a C10, Kawai Vulcan 1500, Kawai Vulcan 2000, Kawai ZRX, HD Wide Glide, and currently ride a C14. Each bike has it's own personality. Get the Connie now. In time get the HD. Have and enjoy both.

Offline Docchaching

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 12158
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2015, 04:26:42 pm »
I live in Peoria Illinois(Central Illinois). Im looking for fellow riders in my area. Please send me an email if your in my area.
" I will remember  that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm"

Modern Hippocratic Oath"

Offline Alan_Yucius_FL

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 10583
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2015, 05:32:42 pm »
I live in Peoria Illinois(Central Illinois). Im looking for fellow riders in my area. Please send me an email if your in my area.

:D    Put it in your PROFILE and everyone will know in the future.  You will have lots of members looking you up to go for a ride.. :))

Offline MikeB_CA

• Road Bike
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2015, 07:29:14 pm »
Unsure if the height of the bike is a factor for you, if so, I'll add this. I am 5'8'', tall for a woman, short by men's standards, and I can handle this bike just fine. I do have my seat lowered 1/2''.

I've had my C14 for 15 months now, and every time I ride it, I am simply amazed at what an incredible machine that it is. I have had mine in 28 states now and this machine is a mile eater. I wouldnt hesitate to ride this fine motorcycle anywhere.

In my opinion, you wont regret making this purchase if you are doing so for a sport touring machine. If you want a local/bar hopper, or one for splitting lanes in California, then this might not be your bike.

Nicole, Nicole, Nicole, you know me! I ride through this crappy California traffic EVERY DAY and I split lanes EVERY DAY! It's life here in California unless you want to spend 1.5- 2 hours creeping along in first gear just to travel 40 miles! I split with my bags on and it has never been a issue. I have definitely had to hit the brakes hard at times but that's only because I tried to split through a gap that wasn't there :-\!

Alan, trust me when I tell you that people here don't move over either. There are people that will move but there are a lot that hold their ground or, because they're pissed I'm moving and they're not, will actually move to the center and try to "pinch" me off! I ride 95% (or more) of the time in the #1 lane and split between the #1 and #2 lanes and will actually move around the left side (shoulder side) of the cagers that try to keep me from passing. The Connie has so much power (especially with Steve's new flash) that making a quick burst around these "idiots" is easy :nananana:!

Hey "Docchaching, welcome and I hope you find what you're looking for :beerchug:. I went on a road trip in June (5000 miles) with my brother who rides a Harley and we had a blast. He was comfortable and loved "cruising". I was comfortable and loved "flying"! When we got to the twisties we had an agreement, he would have his fun cruising and enjoying the scenery and I would see him on the other side. Once I got to the other side I would take a break and wait for him ... you know, have lunch, take a nap, get some coffee ... whatever I had to do to pass the time while I waited for him and his Harley to show up :rotflmao:!