Author Topic: 6 Weeks & 2700 Mi.  (Read 543 times)

Offline Jonbo

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12896
  • Membership Level: Active
6 Weeks & 2700 Mi.
« on: December 29, 2018, 08:54:28 pm »
Its been a little better than 6 weeks since I got my 1ST. C14 & the thrill ain't gone. I will confirm what I'm sure most people on this forum already know, that being, this bike has a lot of personality. The pros are many the cons few and can be easily worked around. Very able handling despite size even with the BT 021's, not a big fan of the Bridgestones. Acceleration is brisk but cant wait for a reflash probably very soon have to get in touch with Steve to see what optimal mileage is for doing so. We are still getting acquainted(the bike and I that is).I see this as a relationship with a bright future and many farkles. So far my only regret is I haven't been free to ride more, holidays & such. In addition I am now an official COG member #12896. Happy New Year everybody. Be blessed in the new year one & all. Hopefully I will be able to participate in some of the upcoming events and get to meet and greet some of ya'll as the year progresses. :)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
Re: 6 Weeks & 2700 Mi.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 09:28:07 pm »
welcome.
what model year did you buy?
new/used/miles, etc.,

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Bud

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12907
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 10:16:11 pm »
 :TPIWWP:
2005 Kawasaki Concours
1982 Suzuki GS1100GK
1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Offline Jonbo

• Tricycle
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 10:51:09 pm »
Brand new 2018 w/6 Mi.

Online Tundra

• 2012 Candy Arabian Red
  • Moped
  • "SPORT" tourer
  • COG#: 12916
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 11:13:23 pm »
Congratulations Jonbo,
 I'm in Seminole, just a few clicks from you. I'm riding tomorrow if you care to join us. I will have one other rider with me. We sometimes meet for breakfast at the Country Kitchen on Eastbay/Roosevelt just a mile east of US 19, then cross the Bayside bridge heading North out of County to ride in Brooksville, Floral City, Inverness and grab lunch. I am flexible with time constraints, although these are usually full day rides.
I plan on being home 3:00pm to 4:00pm ish The soonest I can get you back would be 2:00pm ish, unless you can find your way?
Weather indicates wet and humid in the morning with fog (like this morning) if that is the case, I'll wait for the fog to burn off and the roads to dry before leaving. If your interested shoot me an email using my profile email link.

Cheers :motonoises:

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9032
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 02:13:55 am »
Congrats and welcome Jonbo. On the 16th of Dec marked the tenth year I have owned my 09. It still puts a smile on my face. I probably won't get another because the next one will be a trike.
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki

Online Tundra

• 2012 Candy Arabian Red
  • Moped
  • "SPORT" tourer
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 09:44:56 am »
Congratulations Jonbo,
 I'm in Seminole, just a few clicks from you. I'm riding tomorrow if you care to join us. I will have one other rider with me. We sometimes meet for breakfast at the Country Kitchen on Eastbay/Roosevelt just a mile east of US 19, then cross the Bayside bridge heading North out of County to ride in Brooksville, Floral City, Inverness and grab lunch. I am flexible with time constraints, although these are usually full day rides.
I plan on being home 3:00pm to 4:00pm ish The soonest I can get you back would be 2:00pm ish, unless you can find your way?
Weather indicates wet and humid in the morning with fog (like this morning) if that is the case, I'll wait for the fog to burn off and the roads to dry before leaving. If your interested shoot me an email using my profile email link.

Update: Now meeting @ Shell gas station located on the S.E corner of US-19North and Alderman Road @9:00am.
 I know it's short notice, join us if you can.

Offline Jonbo

• Tricycle
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 11:11:00 am »
I will get some pics up soon but it will require some study on my part to find out the best method. As for riding today Tundra, I won't be available to leave the county until Feb. when I go off call but count me in frequently at least twice a month after that thanks for the invite though the mentioned locations are familiar with some elevation changes and a few twisties. Maybe a ride up to Cedar Key in Feb. ;)

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 02:44:32 pm »
Welcome Jonbo. In case you're wondering where your COG number is (not showing), I think you have to log off and back in. Then it'll show.

Lots of good folks around S. Fl. Ride safely!

Ron
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing

Online Tundra

• 2012 Candy Arabian Red
  • Moped
  • "SPORT" tourer
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 10:25:11 pm »
Congratulations Jonbo,

Update: Now meeting @ Shell gas station located on the S.E corner of US-19North and Alderman Road @9:00am.
 I know it's short notice, join us if you can.

Logged over 300 miles today, good day. I narrowly escaped killing a small deer. My buddy passed him on the side of the road, he was just standing looking at us in shock, he passed first heavy on the throttle on his very loud Super Duke with Remus exhaust which instantly spooked Bambi, who crossed right in my path flag up. I don't know how I didn't hit it but it was a very narrow miss. I've never seen a deer so grey in color, especially the young ones, usually more tan and white? Then as the sun was going down passed three baby racoons coming out of the tree line entering the roadway, (no parental supervision) No incidents, no accidents, kept the shiny side up! A great day riding with good riders and good food.

Offline Road Runner

• Road Bike
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • COG#: 12399
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 01:21:23 am »
 :welcome:  Jonbo. Enjoying that new ride; super   :great:

I grew in FL (LA (lower Alabama) part to be more specific), but in N Alabama now. I'm looking forward to participating in a number of COG events this year as I've only hung out on the forum there past several years.

Maybe we'll get to meet at a SE event sometime this year!
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"