Author Topic: Added My Stebel Air Horn Tonight  (Read 274 times)

Offline Nodesurfer

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Added My Stebel Air Horn Tonight
« on: November 07, 2017, 07:34:08 am »
Used a custom harness, made it a snap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028ZKMM6

Mounted it under the right side descending dash panel, using the old horn bracket as a mount. Mounted that to a stud with a 10mm nut that seems to be a support bracket for the mirror housing, maybe? Anyway, it's tucked away nice and safe, the horn outlet points towards the steering stem and down towards open air at the lower front of the bike, so it's nice and loud. Routed the harness neatly and securely, used a few zip ties, looks great.

I did remove the glove box, battery and side covers, and the upper right side fairing. Having all of that off made it easy.

I've had a Stebel on two previous bikes, my 2007 Nomad, and 2007 Ninja 500. The factory horns that come with these things are worthless and when you need it most, it will get you killed, because nobody hears "meep meep". When they drift into my lane and I hit that horn hard one time, I want PEE running down their legs. I feel the Stebel provides that.  :-)   
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:41:06 pm by Nodesurfer »

Offline connieklr

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 1608
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Added My Stebel Air Horn Tonight
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 12:29:12 pm »
Used as custom harness, made it a snap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028ZKMM6

Mounted it under the right side descending dash panel, using the old horn bracket as a mount. Mounted that to a stud with a 10mm nut that seems to be a support bracket for the mirror housing, maybe? Anyway, it's tucked away nice and safe, the horn outlet points towards the steering stem and down towards open air at the lower front of the bike, so it's nice and loud. Routed the harness neatly and securely, used a few zip ties, looks great.

I did remove the glove box, battery and side covers, and the upper right side fairing. Having all of that off made it easy.

I've had a Stebel on two previous bikes, my 2007 Nomad, and 2007 Ninja 500. The factory horns that come with these things are worthless and when you need it most, it will get you killed, because nobody hears "meep meep". When they drift into my lane and I hit that horn hard one time, I want PEE running down their legs. I feel the Stebel provides that.  :-)

You happen to have any pictures of the install?
COG #1608
COG Life Member
Semi-Civilian
GB Young Services, LLC

Offline Nodesurfer

• Tricycle
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 11:46:27 pm »

Offline Nodesurfer

• Tricycle
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 11:48:19 pm »
I actually though this post didn't take, for some reason. So I have another one with the pictures I made when I didn't see this one. Didn't think to take pics of a detailed install, but there's not much to it.

Offline connieklr

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 1608
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 12:32:05 pm »
Ah!  It's a C14 install in a C10 thread. I've looked all over hell and creation to find a suitable location up under my C10 dash for a Wolo/Stebel Big Boy air horn install, and just couldn't figure out how you managed.
COG #1608
COG Life Member
Semi-Civilian
GB Young Services, LLC

Offline cra-z1000

• Crotch Rocket
  • Keeping it upright..
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9790
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 01:56:43 pm »
Thats about where I mounted mine on my c10 . Had to sacrifice the useless pocket though . No big deal , mounts right to the pocket support stud .

http://forum.cog-online.org/accessories-c10/stebel-nautilus-install-pics/msg203625/#msg203625
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:40:07 pm by cra-z1000 »
1987 C 10
80 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MK 2
74 Honda 750 four ss
73 Suzuki 550 triple
72 Honda 550 four