Author Topic: After Market (PAZZO?) Lever Question?  (Read 1932 times)

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11323
  • Membership Level: Active
After Market (PAZZO?) Lever Question?
« on: August 19, 2017, 07:45:58 pm »
Hi,
       Looking at the Pazzo Levers again!

To be honest I am happy with the OEM, but...

The after markets do catch my eye!

The question is, if I go that way, do you go long or short on the levers???

Is the short made for a two finger stop/pull only?

Never tried these out, and hard to tell from stock pics!!! ;D
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9616
Re: After Market (PAZZO?) Lever Question?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 07:57:15 pm »
I like the long lever...its a personal preference thing.  If you buy the fake ones, be sure the clutch and brake levers have the correct amount of play.

I had to work on mine.  Neither had any play.  As soon as the clutch heated up, it began to slip. Its simple fix, as long as you have a drill and some small drill bits.

Its hard to explain.  The levers have a rod in them that slips into a round cylinder. Being junk , the tolerances are not right..go figure. 

I had to drill mine another 2-3mm deeper to make it work correctly.

Offline oldnslo_MO

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9924
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 08:33:36 pm »
i have the pazzo longs and have no clutch problems. for me the shorts are too short and require too much pressure... :great:
happy trails  2016 concours14,2010 bmw k1300ggt, 2015 bmw r1200rt, 09 concours14, 75 kawasaki H1   500cc*79 triumph bonneville750* 2 each  82su zuki gs1100e* 05 yamaha fz1 1100* 03 yamaha fz1 1100*01 goldwing 1800*97 goldwing 1500* 93 goldwing 1500* 80 kawasaki vulcan 1500*76 kawasaki kz650* 66 triumph Bonneville 650* 68 triumph tr 650* 72 norton commando750* 70 bsa rocket III 750*  68 hon cb350* 66 hon cb305*1960 BSA golden flash 500cc*1950 cushman

Offline ddtmoto

• Road Bike
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 11:53:30 pm »
The knockoffs are hit and miss. Some are cheap and made to fit like that. I tried shorties and few of the ebay sets. CRGs long have been working on all my bikes. Like the Piazzo, quality costs, but they are spot on for fitment and adjustable range.
04 GSXR1000
97 TLS1000
01 DRZ400E
09 Black on black ZG14...

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 10376
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 01:05:51 am »
I've been using the shorties for a couple of years on my 09 C14. I like them, a lot. They will accommodate three fingers although I only use one for the brake and two for the clutch. I find that even on a track or a sporting pace in the twisties one finger brake is sufficient.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline OKC14

• Bicycle
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 12:13:55 pm »
I have shorty six-way adjustables on mine. Love it, clutch and brake pull are so much easier.

Offline Tim

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 12654
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 11:04:37 pm »
I have PAZZO shorty levers on my C14, I like them much better than stock.

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 12:01:29 am »

Hi,
       Thanks fellas!

I will have to ask though, "WHY" are the PAZZO'S, better to you???
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline Sport Rider

• Two wheel addict!
  • I Need a Life
  • 100,000 or Bust!
    • BikePics Site
  • COG#: 8603
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 12:08:27 am »
I had short ones on my C10 and like them a lot.  for me they worked every bit as well as the OEMs.    I felt like they were a bit easier to grab, and much of the time, I only use a couple fingers anyway.  I could easily fit three fingers on them with the pinky hanging off.  lets face it...how much difference can a pinky really make.   :))
North Carolina AAD
COG, VROC, VBA, IBA, USCA and other TLAs
05 C10, 94 C10, 06 Nomad, 15 CB
https://www.bikepics.com/members/ncdave/

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 12:49:58 am »
I didn't buy the Pazzo's. I got the knock-offs from sleazebay. Haven't had any problems at all but I did rebore the pivot and pressed in needle bearings. A bit excessive I know but I had the bearings anyway and time on my hands. I do think they would have been just fine anyway. For $20.00
CNC Clutch Brake Levers for Kawasaki GTR1400 CONCOURS 07 08 09 10 11 12 SRB
[/size]If you paste the above line in the bay [/color][/size]search box it will bring them up.[/color]

BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14

Offline gPink

• Iron Butt
  • MMVIII C XIV
  • COG#: 9403
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 11:48:05 am »
I had short ones on my C10 and like them a lot.  for me they worked every bit as well as the OEMs.    I felt like they were a bit easier to grab, and much of the time, I only use a couple fingers anyway.  I could easily fit three fingers on them with the pinky hanging off.  lets face it...how much difference can a pinky really make.   :))
hey hey  hey let's not be diss'n the least of the fingers  :-\

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 04:32:30 pm »
[quote author=gon them with the pinky hanging off.  lets face it...how much difference can a pinky really make.   :))

hey hey  hey let's not be diss'n the least of the fingers  :-\

It all depends on what that "Pinky" is being used for or what its doing. :) :))

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 07:11:07 pm »
I didn't buy the Pazzo's. I got the knock-offs from sleazebay. Haven't had any problems at all but I did rebore the pivot and pressed in needle bearings. A bit excessive I know but I had the bearings anyway and time on my hands. I do think they would have been just fine anyway. For $20.00
CNC Clutch Brake Levers for Kawasaki GTR1400 CONCOURS 07 08 09 10 11 12 SRB
[/size]If you paste the above line in the bay [/color][/size]search box it will bring them up.[/color]

Hi,
       Thanks for the info Deepsea!

I did look that up but, IF I get the after market levers, they will be Pazzo's!

I actually need to go see Steve S. for that EVO Flash, only an hours ride from me but...

I'm out of town most of the time (work) and up to my a$$ in alligators when I do get home!!! ;D

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 09:02:30 pm »
Which ever ones you get you'll most likely be comfortable with them. The only times I've needed to use two fingers on the brake was at Thunder Hill and Sears Point trying to shed some serious speed coming into corners. :motonoises:

Offline JDSCO

• Mini Bike
  • 2016 C14
  • COG#: 12593
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 09:54:01 pm »
 :popcorncouple:
Seagiant1
Please post some pics when you've installed your levers

I just saved a ton of money with Murphs' bearinged up shifter
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:01:09 pm by JDSCO »
"It's not bragging if you can back it up"
Muhammad Ali

Offline NYbiomed

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 11887
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 11:48:46 pm »
Have you considered the ASV C5's? They have more adjustment/range, better warranty, but are a bit more expensive. I have the standard length for the clutch lever and the shorty brake lever. When I was researching levers, I found more positive reviews regarding the ASV's, but I expect it's YMMV...
2002 Honda VTR1000F SuperHawk
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS
1999 Suzuki Katana 750
1983 Honda CB1000 Custom
1990 Kawasaki EX500

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 12:55:14 am »
Have you considered the ASV C5's? They have more adjustment/range, better warranty, but are a bit more expensive. I have the standard length for the clutch lever and the shorty brake lever. When I was researching levers, I found more positive reviews regarding the ASV's, but I expect it's YMMV...

Hi,
      From what I understand the ASV's are about $125 EACH!

The CRG's are about $100 EACH!

Where the Pazzo's are $150 a SET?

That is how I understand the pricing when I look at these?

For that, I would probably run the Pazzo's as they do have a good name!

They also offer, a lot, of different colors, in the lever AND the adjusters!

Offline NYbiomed

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 01:24:58 am »
ASV has the F3's for about $160 for the set, other than a 3yr warranty, I don't know the difference between them. I waited for an EBay deal- like the one going on now ($20 off $75) to save a few shekels on each, took a bit of the sting out.
1999 Suzuki Katana 750
1983 Honda CB1000 Custom
1990 Kawasaki EX500

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 01:49:56 am »
ASV has the F3's for about $160 for the set, other than a 3yr warranty, I don't know the difference between them. I waited for an EBay deal- like the one going on now ($20 off $75) to save a few shekels on each, took a bit of the sting out.

Hi,
       You are correct!

I was looking at the C5's, instead of the F3's!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 02:11:51 am »
Damn
Quick ebay search,.and I can buy ZX levers, which I know fit correctly, and have good bearings, for $50 a set delivered.. and I can cut them off to suit...

Some of you folks have way to much disposable income.. I might say..

:-X :truce: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Offline mattchewn

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 10993
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 02:22:49 am »
Greg,
Loving the Pazzo's. Shorter than stock, much better feel and smooth pull.
Got mine for a deal and a half through COG forum though.
I won't bore you with the price I paid.
Matt

2015 C14  Poison Ivy. I feel the itch!
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R  Wheelie sweet!!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 05:09:00 am »
So,other than the bling factor of showing off big buck expense, is there a real difference over a cutoff p.o.s. lever? Really?
Just askkng...
 :rotflmao:
I'm saykng I could paint a set of stock ones,.after making them shorter pink, red, or kawi green. Does it make them better?
 Just asking.... and laughing... about how much people spend for stretch jeans that rea,ly don't make their a** look good... just plaster a namtag on them.. and "you are cool. Dude...".....

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2017, 11:11:59 am »
So,other than the bling factor of showing off big buck expense, is there a real difference over a cutoff p.o.s. lever? Really?
Just askkng...
I'm saykng I could paint a set of stock ones,.after making them shorter pink, red, or kawi green. Does it make them better?
 Just asking.... and laughing... about how much people spend for stretch jeans that rea,ly don't make their a** look good... just plaster a namtag on them.. and "you are cool. Dude...".....

Hi,
       Well....as I said before, the OEM's work fine but, is "ignorance bliss"???

The connecting points on a bike is your hands, feet, and your backside!

The FIRST mod I made to my bike was a LAAM seat and was one of the best things I did!

I've been fighting these PAZZO levers for awhile now, but like Micheal Corleone, "they keep pulling me back in"! ;D ;D ;D

I don't mind, spending money, on my bike, I think it was a bargain, for what it is, to begin with!

I DO, want to see a return on the investment, and so far in my upgrades, have been lucky on that! :great:

Offline NYbiomed

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2017, 11:56:23 am »
While I would agree, aftermarket levers aren't a game changer like Steves ECU, a Laam seat, or good tires. What they do offer is better finish/fit/feel, have an unbreakable design and more adjustability than OEM. I specifically was only going to replace the brake lever to the ASV shorty, but I have a thing for symmetry and balance, so that meant a matching clutch lever a month later when EBay had another one of their deals. And like I mentioned earlier in the thread, a set of the F3's could've been had yesterday for $142 set shipped with the 20off75 offer, hardly a "big buck expense"...how many pirates spend that just, or much more, to chrome-out a single relatively small part almost no one would notice among all the other chrome bits, at least aftermarket levers are not just an aesthetic.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 12:11:20 pm by NYbiomed »
1999 Suzuki Katana 750
1983 Honda CB1000 Custom
1990 Kawasaki EX500

Offline Tim

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 12654
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2017, 01:13:08 pm »

seagiant1,
Here you go...
Pazzo levers and Throttlemeiser ends.
I prefer shorty levers because I typically only use two fingers on the brake side; and on the clutch side, I'm constantly pinching my pinky with standard length levers.
If not for these things, I would have kept the stock levers.
For me it's an ergonomics thing, so $150 is a small price to pay.

Hi,
       Thanks fellas!

I will have to ask though, "WHY" are the PAZZO'S, better to you???

« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 01:17:40 pm by Tim »