Author Topic: And one more for Shoodaben!!!  (Read 970 times)

Offline gpz900r

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
And one more for Shoodaben!!!
« on: July 18, 2017, 11:19:57 pm »
As an early adopter of a 2008 C14, I loved that bike and did all the goodies to her such as PC, flies out etc etc etc....Well, she was sold one day and I regretted it for quite some time...till a few weeks ago to be exact.

I went out and bought a brand new closeout 2016 C14. Then I ordered an Area P CF Slip-on....and sent my ECU to Steve for the EVO flash.

Holy smokes. All I can say is, YES, this is what this bike is all about. All the things I did to my 08 never gave the bike the feel and performance that this flash does.

My C14 is now perfect.

Thanks for all your efforts, Steve. You have done a fine job!

Greg in AZ.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: And one more for Shoodaben!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 11:53:49 am »
Thanks Greg, I'm glad you like it!  :motonoises: Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline bobgroger

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northwest Area
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 02:47:13 am »
I'll be sending mine as soon as our riding season is over in the rain capital of the USA (mid October)!
09 C14 24k
'80 GS1100e Dragbike 8k
'83 GS1100e stock 42k
'80 GS850 my favorite bike 18k

Offline strum

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 12307
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 11:05:44 am »
Why wait ? It only takes a 2-5 dates to get v it back and and 5 mins to install.  you'll be happier the rest of the season 
2008 C-14
Measurement is the first step that leads to control and eventually to improvement.
If you can't measure something, you can't understand it.
If you can't understand it, you can't control it.
If you can't control it, you can't improve it."

Offline gpz900r

• Big Wheels
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 08:50:41 pm »
Don't wait.

I just returned from another nice ride and although opinions may differ for some, to me the Evo Flash does exactly what Steve set out to achieve according to his description. He is very fast with turn around and the removal and replacement is less than 5 minutes.

If you want the bike to perform with smooth pull (torque from way down low) and beautiful throttle control, it does just that. Stock ECU was an unforgiving jerky mess to me. It is now comfortable riding 1 to 2 gears higher in the twisties, the fuel economy is unreal and if need be, this bike is plenty fast (and will land you in jail very quickly if you so desire)!

I have ridden it on all types of roads and I could not be happier. Personally, the difference from the stock ECU flash is very obvious to me. I am addicted to the low RPM roll-on now, and could not be happier!

If anyone around Prescott, AZ has a C-14 and is on the fence about, I encourage us to go for a ride and you can experience it for yourself.

-gpz900r

Offline Deepsea

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 10376
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 12:39:16 am »
I sent him mine on Tuesday and was riding again on Thursday. From California.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline Harry Martin

• ☺ Cartoonist ☺
  • Street Cruiser
  • Fear is not boring
    • Harry Martin Cartoons
  • COG#: 4090
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 02:05:00 am »
I've been reluctant so far as I don't hit the twisties as much as I'd like too.
I will take it on faith that it will improve my ride.

I may do an upgrade after my NW Rally ride as I will have a fresh memory of a stock ride in the twisties.
What I'm really wondering is how it will feel on my gravel dirt road between my garage and highway. The gravel really seems to amplify the jerky throttle as I roll over the gravel. If the flash fixes that problem, it will be well worth the cost as I have to drive over a lot of dirt and gravel before I can hit smooth pavement. It's quite unnerving how the the bike bobs and jerks in the lower gears as I head out or return home.  :(
Harry in Wild and Windy Casper, WY - 1986 Vintage "Silverdammit" - 2015 "Greendammit"

Offline COGnosticator

• SE AAD
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG 4478
  • COG#: 4478
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 08:36:45 am »

I may do an upgrade after my NW Rally ride as I will have a fresh memory of a stock ride in the twisties.
What I'm really wondering is how it will feel on my gravel dirt road between my garage and highway. The gravel really seems to amplify the jerky throttle as I roll over the gravel. If the flash fixes that problem, it will be well worth the cost as I have to drive over a lot of dirt and gravel before I can hit smooth pavement. It's quite unnerving how the the bike bobs and jerks in the lower gears as I head out or return home.  :(

Harry, I know  you will be amazed how that jerkiness goes away.  The flash to me is about rideability not speed, the flash make fuel delivery much smoother in all gears    :great:
Jerry Holland  COG  4478
2005 BMW R1200GS (1986, 2000, 2001 C10 and 2009 C14 gone but not forgotten)
Man, you were hauling a** the other day when I passed you

Offline Haring_Araw

• Sun King
  • Big Wheels
  • AREA: South Central Area
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 12:25:39 pm »
This is next on my list. After reading a lot of reviews here and other places I wish I would have done this before my 18 day trip east; better late than never I guess. I'm most looking forward to a smooth on/off throttle, as I still haven't mastered rolling on the throttle smooth through a turn, especially at slower speeds.

2016 Concours 14
2015 Harley Davidson V-Rod Muscle
2011 Harley Davidson Road King Classic - SOLD
2010 Harley Davidson Sportster XR1200 - SOLD

Offline David

• Tricycle
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 06:14:55 pm »
Was one of the first for the original and also sprung for the EVO.  Best thing I can say is smooth and dangerous.  You just don't realize how fast you are going until you look down.  Power delivery is linear.  Recommend this mod to every Concours owner regardless of how you ride.  Getting 8% better mileage to boot.

Offline Harry Martin

• ☺ Cartoonist ☺
  • Street Cruiser
  • Fear is not boring
    • Harry Martin Cartoons
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 06:43:56 pm »

Harry, I know  you will be amazed how that jerkiness goes away.  The flash to me is about rideability not speed, the flash make fuel delivery much smoother in all gears    :great:

Yup. For short weightless riders like me, a touchy throttle has all sorts of slow speed issues. Navigating tight crowded parking lots and simple slow speed U-turns are much more challenging on my C14 that don't exist on my C10. For me, balance and finesse is very important in the lower gears.
Harry in Wild and Windy Casper, WY - 1986 Vintage "Silverdammit" - 2015 "Greendammit"

Offline Deepsea

• Road Bike
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 02:09:16 am »
Harry, the evolution flash well cure what ails you. :great:
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, C-14

Offline Chris

• Big Wheels
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 12:25:07 am »
I received my ECU with EVO flash from Steve.  Mailed on Thursday and received the following Wednesday with tracking info.  Very fast turnaround.  One word for the ride experience after ECU reinstalled, MAGNIFICENT!  No wait, transformational...or maybe fantastic...or maybe....u get the point.  Bike pulls STRONG from 2500rpm to way too fast RPM.  Maybe the best endorsement is that my GF stated she could feel the difference too and commented there is no more "jerkiness".  The more I ride it, the smoother it seems.  Outstanding work Steve.  U are truly a gifted craftsman who is very conscientious.  We are all lucky to have the opportunity to benefit from ur efforts and expertise.  I have ridden many fast bikes (turbocharged Hyabusa) and several very smooth Goldwing 1800s but my 08 C14 is now the perfect balance of power and smoothness thx. to you.  Thank u for enriching the riding experience of all who enjoy ur flash.  GREAT JOB!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 12:30:05 am by Chris »

Offline Dragoon

• proud PGR Rider and wildly handsom
  • Road Bike
  • keep your knees in the breeze , not easy on a cony
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2017, 02:07:42 pm »
I am about to do my first oil change since getting my flash, so 3300 miles on it and aside from how impressed i am with the actual functionality of the bike now, i am also getting a nice MPG increase...over the last 1000 miles i have averaged 42.3 miles on a bike that used to give me 36.6...however, my milage went up but my cost of gas also went up as i am riding this bike so much more then i have in the past....thanks steve...
Pardon my spelling, auto correct is my worst enama

Offline 4Bikes

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 9715
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2017, 08:24:24 pm »
As mentioned above the flash delivers. If nothing else, get it for the slow parking lot maneuvering and gas station slow speed turns. No more clutch feathering to control the jerking. Just roll on and off the throttle. Big improvement.  :motonoises:
Silver 2011 C-14. Previous rides: KZ-400, KZ-750, KZ-1000.  Keep the rubber side down.  Ride Fast......Live Slow......

Offline connie_rider

• OtP Co-ordinator (USA) (ie: Slave Labor)
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2017, 12:46:28 am »

Wronggg!!!

The Flash is great, and I agree that can do a lot..
          But it can't fix "ugly"..
                      :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II)
03 Connie (Buddy)

To contribute to "OtP", (Chg. Card or paypal)  Click Here
(For Paypal) send to treasurer@cog-online.org

Offline Harry Martin

• ☺ Cartoonist ☺
  • Street Cruiser
  • Fear is not boring
    • Harry Martin Cartoons
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 02:16:49 am »

Wronggg!!!

The Flash is great, and I agree that can do a lot..
          But it can't fix "ugly"..
                      :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

:'(   Dang that hurts...

I got ways of gittin even.    >:D

Offline Deepsea

• Road Bike
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 03:51:21 am »
Suck it up but don't get even. Get ahead! :great: