Author Topic: Big atta boy for Marc@calsci  (Read 455 times)

Offline 66ranger

• Tricycle
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12423
  • Membership Level: Active
Big atta boy for Marc@calsci
« on: May 10, 2018, 01:04:38 am »
While on a road trip to Arkansas, I dropped my Connie.  Not real proud of that fact, but things happen.  Went down hard onto gravel.  Broke my Calsci windshield and some other parts.   I called Mark and relayed my problem and he got my replacement shipped next day, at a discount!  Can't beat that service..  Thank you, Mark. :beerchug:

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12649
Re: Big atta boy for Marc@calsci
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 12:49:41 pm »
Which one did you buy?

And was it the same one you broke?

Inquiring minds.

gr
..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...

Offline 66ranger

• Tricycle
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 02:00:48 am »
I bought the extra wide, extra tall.  I really like the design.

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 11:42:41 am »
Yep, that's the one I'm using as well.

I like it, but I do wish I could get it about 1-2" taller.  I'd think at that height, I'd be in jeopardy of doing damage to the screen motor
in a 70+ MPH wind....but my head still sticks-out in the breeze at full up.

Good screen though.  I little susceptible to scratching and marring, IMHO.  I just ordered a polishing pad for my DA Polisher to give both the CALSCI and my OEM screen a polishing to get rid of the scratches and swirls.

glad your "drop" wasn't too bad.

gr

Offline 66ranger

• Tricycle
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 01:13:25 am »
 :)
I think that any taller would mess up the lift mechanism, given the Connie's propensity to speed.
As to the 'drop', it was at night on rolling terrain, pulled up to stop, put right foot down and there was nothing there.  I was on a small ridge so down I went,  downhill with a Connie on top of me.  My buddy had to lift the bike off me and then we had to lift it uphill to stand it up.  It broke the front fairing by the headlight and broke the aluminum bracket that goes between the mirrors and holds the instruments and windshield motor.  So far, about 7-800 dollars worth of parts and several hours of labor.  I don't understand why Kawasaki would put such a flimsy bracket in that position. The mirror was unhurt but I think a sacrificial mirror would be better that that major piece getting broken.  Rant off. >:(

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 11:13:36 am »
:)
I think that any taller would mess up the lift mechanism, given the Connie's propensity to speed.
As to the 'drop', it was at night on rolling terrain, pulled up to stop, put right foot down and there was nothing there.  I was on a small ridge so down I went,  downhill with a Connie on top of me.  My buddy had to lift the bike off me and then we had to lift it uphill to stand it up.  It broke the front fairing by the headlight and broke the aluminum bracket that goes between the mirrors and holds the instruments and windshield motor.  So far, about 7-800 dollars worth of parts and several hours of labor.  I don't understand why Kawasaki would put such a flimsy bracket in that position. The mirror was unhurt but I think a sacrificial mirror would be better that that major piece getting broken.  Rant off. >:(

Holy CRAP!  That's kind of traumatic.
Glad you're ok.
The bike will heal.....or BE healed.