Author Topic: Body Shop/ Paint work in Atlanta area  (Read 284 times)

Offline Ram

• Bicycle
  • 08 Concours 14
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Body Shop/ Paint work in Atlanta area
« on: August 07, 2018, 04:42:38 pm »
I had posted in the Want to Buy section but thought it will be a good idea to search here as well. I made the mistake of trusting a friend with the Connie and right at the Parking even before he could keep his right foot down, he slipped and fell to the right. Long story short, I have scratches to the right mid fairing which he has promised to pay to fix. I still want to keep the cost down and also checking eBay for good parts.
So I am looking at options, replace part vs paint. I will try to post some pictures but looking to see if I could get some estimate on how much it will cost.
08 Concours 14 - Shakti
07 Boulevard C90 - Sold, 06 Katana 600 - Sold, 06 V Star 650 - Sold, 96 Royal Enfield - Gone, 95 Yezdi Roadking - Gone

Offline Ram

• Bicycle
  • 08 Concours 14
Re: Body Shop/ Paint work in Atlanta area
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 01:29:29 pm »
Well, no answers but I was able to quickly find two of the largest fairings in Fleabay. Still many other parts to buy and pick up.
Will post update as I get more work done.
08 Concours 14 - Shakti
07 Boulevard C90 - Sold, 06 Katana 600 - Sold, 06 V Star 650 - Sold, 96 Royal Enfield - Gone, 95 Yezdi Roadking - Gone

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 02:40:27 pm »
Good luck with this.
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing

Offline antibus

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 11339
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 02:51:31 pm »
Bummer. What a pain.
CDA #0542

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 11:30:33 pm »
I had posted in the Want to Buy section but thought it will be a good idea to search here as well. I made the mistake of trusting a friend with the Connie and right at the Parking even before he could keep his right foot down, he slipped and fell to the right. Long story short, I have scratches to the right mid fairing which he has promised to pay to fix. I still want to keep the cost down and also checking eBay for good parts.
So I am looking at options, replace part vs paint. I will try to post some pictures but looking to see if I could get some estimate on how much it will cost.

without going into semantics, I'd just pick up some good polish, and ahit that with an orbital buffer, maybe use that 'empirical finish stuff' that totally matches and hides scratches, color matching stuff..
and ride on, do the replacement before you sell it... if you replace it now... you may have to do it a second time... later... just sayin'
 :rotflmao:

there are a Jillion different new polymer products available, that will reduce 90% of the visual you see in the photo..
https://www.bestdirectonline.com.au/renumax-com-au.html

I dunno, as long as the black plastic below is not a ground shaking halt.. the products themselves are worth it... $20 vs $400.. im nutz.

ride safe,
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:45:48 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Ram

• Bicycle
  • 08 Concours 14
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 01:36:12 pm »
Thanks. Thats a great suggestion. I am not in hurry to get the replaced but atleast hoping to obtain the parts so that when its time to upgrade and get a newer year Connie, it wont hit the bottom line bad.
That being said, I dont mind the scratches as much., but i dont want to delay the purchase and let me friend get away with it.
08 Concours 14 - Shakti