Author Topic: Brake help  (Read 214 times)

Offline Sharky1

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Brake help
« on: October 29, 2018, 12:30:50 am »
I have just flushed my front brakes after having them engage while riding on their own, and releasing soon after..suspected the return port, so checked it and found it unobstructed. Now I’m trying to bleed brakes with mityvac, and I’m getting no resistance at the master cylinder..also bled the master, no change. Really at a loss to understand it...any help? Thx.

Offline Rodney

• Tricycle
    • My Home Site
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 8084
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Brake help
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 02:58:48 am »
I Had this problem a while ago. Put a hose on the front brake, opened the valve and squeezed the brake a couple times.  Did this for both the left and right slave cylinders.  Got a couple bubbles out of one of them and that fixed it.  Good luck.
'13 Concours14  Have Motorcycle Will Travel

Offline Staylo

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12548
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 10:20:22 am »
Not to be a wise guy, but just to make sure you’re not a new owner who is not aware, are you certain it’s not the linked brake system kicking in?  If you depress the rear brake with no front brake applied, the linked braking system will apply the front brake automatically. When you release the rear brake the system will release the front as well. If you’re already aware of this and it’s not the issue, my apologies and carry on.
Lancaster County, PA
'11 C14

Offline Freddy

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 11:40:01 am »
 :PDT_Armataz_01_37:
The best substitute for brains is ..............what?