Author Topic: Brake Pads  (Read 699 times)

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
  • I am what I am and that's all that I am!
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12210
  • Membership Level: Active
Brake Pads
« on: March 10, 2018, 04:27:44 pm »
Just wanted to confirm that OEM Front pad Assembly - 43082-0112 (2 EA) is  the latest, recommended part number for my 2009.
-0071 is the original equipment. the -0112 was the 2010 part number and the newer ones are -0122.  Haven't read anything about using the -0122 on my gen I.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 04:33:20 pm by AmphibSailor »
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.  

Offline jwh20

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Brake Pads
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 05:25:21 pm »
The parts diagram shows 43082-0071 for the 2009 ABS or not.  While I think the later years' pads are essentially the same, I'm sure there is some difference, possibly pad material.

The caliper is the same PN: 43080-0046-DJ
2012 Concours 14 Arabian Red
"Debbie Downer" according to some...

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 05:35:23 pm »
I think it is posted in another brake pad discussion that the new {2 gen} pads will fit all C-14's.

Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again, DO IT NOW!!

Offline Phil

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 07:04:46 pm »
The newer pads a a little different and addressed the problem of leaving deposits on the rotors. IIRC

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9032
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 04:26:12 am »
The newer pads a a little different and addressed the problem of leaving deposits on the rotors. IIRC

And the EBC's the Spokane Kawasaki shop put on the front of mine doesn't leave deposits either. A little squeaky at times but every bit as good as the OEM brakes.
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 06:13:52 am »
I appreciate the inputs, but really wanted to know if a) the newest oem Kawasaki brake pads would fit (I had read that the the 2010 part number would work but have nothing about the 3rd part number). b) if the 3rd part number would fit, would it be better?  If so, why? 

I've read about the differences between the first two part numbers and think that I'd go for the 2010 part number due to less brake dust. I also appreciated the comments about aftermarket pads but want to go with the OEM, this time.

Any comments comparing the 3rd part number with any of the other two. 
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.  

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 12:15:41 pm »
This thread especially Mob's reply shed some light, but didn't positively confirm fit.

Offline Phil

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 02:06:39 pm »

And the EBC's the Spokane Kawasaki shop put on the front of mine doesn't leave deposits either. A little squeaky at times but every bit as good as the OEM brakes.

I have the EBCs too.

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 03:15:35 pm »
The parts diagram shows 43082-0071 for the 2009 ABS or not.  While I think the later years' pads are essentially the same, I'm sure there is some difference, possibly pad material.

The caliper is the same PN: 43080-0046-DJ

I missed this before....Since the caliper's are the same part numbers between the years, the pads should fit.  Thanks! JWH.

Offline JDSCO

• Scooter
  • 2016 C14
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 03:26:49 pm »
I like the OEM fronts because there is one, independent pad per piston, 4pcs per caliper
"Remember? You're never too old to fall down."
Jay Leno