Author Topic: C14 "Dealer Mode"?  (Read 375 times)

Offline Kreton'sLC

• Moped
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 13013
  • Membership Level: Active
C14 "Dealer Mode"?
« on: September 10, 2019, 03:40:27 pm »
If you see a problem message how do you put the bike in dealer mode to get the error code?  I couldn't find how in the manual, but was perhaps using "dealer mode" was the wrong search term to enter.  My Bandit had an easily accessible connector that just required inserting a straightened paper clip.

Offline Pilgrim

• Street Cruiser
  • '12 Black
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: C14 "Dealer Mode"?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:37:14 pm »

I only found one instance of 'Dealer Mode' in the FSM.  Page 17-7 under Self Diagnosis System. 

Dealer Mode
The LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) display the service code(s) [A] to show the problem(s) which the above system has at the moment of diagnosis.

Offline mgoodrich

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 4466
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 09:31:28 pm »
Press the upper and lower meter buttons for more than 2 seconds. The service code will be displayed.

If there are more than 1, they will be displayed for 2 seconds in numerical order in some cases.

To get out of this mode turn off the key, or press the buttons for more than 2 seconds again.

Offline Kreton'sLC

• Moped
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 13013
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 01:54:20 am »
Thanks guys.  I see now where page 17-9 gives the instructions about holding down both buttons, which I thought was just for settings like the time, language, miles or km, etc.