Author Topic: Cheap & "easy" passive fob spare - no KDS required  (Read 1149 times)

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
  • I am what I am and that's all that I am!
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12210
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Cheap & "easy" passive fob spare - no KDS required
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2018, 10:47:26 pm »
You wouldn't really lose a slot.  The passive ones roll over.  They are not permanent. Remember you need to have all passive chips present when using the KDS to program the ecu for another passive chip. 
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.  

Offline Fred_Wa2gzw

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 10400
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2018, 11:13:27 pm »
You wouldn't really lose a slot.  The passive ones roll over.  They are not permanent. Remember you need to have all passive chips present when using the KDS to program the ecu for another passive chip. 

If you have a locksmith clone the passive fob it has the same ID as the one that you are cloning from.  There is no KDS Programming required.

Fred
Wa2gzw

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
  • I am what I am and that's all that I am!
  • COG#: 12210
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2018, 10:10:50 am »

I see they run about $10 each... so the locksmith is making his profit on it for sure.. hope he doesn't charge an additional fee, to 'press a button and clone it'... sure... that would be a bend over moment for sure...seeing as a passive card key, which still needs to be programmed to the KDS/ECU runs $39 from Kaw..    cloning a chip makes it simple, as it's a clone of an existing ECU recognized chip. A winner all around, as you don't loose a 'key' code slot in the ECU for it.

Fred, I was commenting on MoB's last statement.  Just trying to clarify....
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.  

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2018, 08:47:05 pm »
As I said in my post the JMA TPX2 blanks may not work in a non JMA programmer.  They did not work in my local guys programmer.  He read my passive fob and programmed a chip that he had to work.  I purchased a couple of blank JMA blanks for abt $15.00 each but they were worthless with the locksmith I used.

Fred
Wa2gzw

I agree, unless he had a JMA EVO programmer, he couldn't use the JMA keys...

after watching both the vids, I simply cannot find any indication or explanation of what key blank was actually used as a cloning key, and the FIRST person to actually post this chip number was Syxxphive, 2 days ago.. so with that said, i have no idea how you found the info from the vids, to buy a blank.... that you said didn't work; (which I do believe)...  depending on which machine he actually used, it's entirely possible it wasn't 'seen', as speccific manufacturers of the blanks, require specific readers.. in most cases, but new tech is now available, and JMA has a system thay is pretty broad and robust.

EDIT:
I have to assume he programmed the chip he supplied (one of the blanks noted in the next response about which keys have what in them) , using his programmer which was not a JMA programmer.

the programmer should have been able to tell you exactly what chip was in the keys you bought, but I guess you didn't ask him... that would have been a beneficial addition in data for everyone, or at least more than "I bought this key, and the programmer couldn't program it"..
I don't think any of us, including you, really know the exact chip in those non working keys...

I wouldn't have bought, or suggested to buy, 'a couple key blanks' from what I saw in those vids...
I would however, have no problem buying a single chip, now that the chip number has been found, and have it in my pocket when I ask the key guide to read my passive chip, and try to clone it once he sees the chip data, onto the $10 chip I brought with me... if it didn't work, no big deal to me. $10 vs $xx when experimenting, is worth my time and effort to find out.
EDIT:
that is, if my programmer has a JMA manufactured programmer.. which I will ask about over the phone, before riding over to find he doesn't..

some light reading about programming, and machines/software, etc.,

https://www.locksmithledger.com/article/10755393/transponders-applications-programming-cloning-and-retrofit

from the link above;

"New cloning machines are available from Jet Hardware and JMA in addition to the cloning equipment from Advanced Diagnostics, Bianchi, Kaba Ilco, KeylessRide and other companies. These include Advanced Diagnostics AD900, Bianchi 884 Decryptor Ultegra, Jet Hardware iClone, JMA TRS-5000 Evo, Kaba Ilco RW4 Plus and the KeylessRide Zed-BULL* cloning devices.

The Jet Hardware iClone can clone clonable transponder chips, ampoules and many electronic keys. According to JMA, “the new TRS-5000 Evo can read most electronic keys and clonable transponders, cloning them onto JMA’s proprietary TPX1, TPX2, TPX3 and TPX4 glass tag transponders.”

I'll report back after I get the chip I'm ordering, and run down to the programmer.
I'm not buying a 'key', just a chip....

oh, yeah, I just got a 'low battery' warning on my transponder today.... :-[
dammit, now I have to spend $4 on silly batteries....  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I'm not complaining...this will be the 4th battery replacement in 11 years...

the 2 available Ford JMA keys, do require specific cloning reader, to program said 'key', but that doesn't mean the KAWASAKI chip, can't be read by another machine, and cloned to a comparable chip.... as we don't know exactly 'WHO's" chip is in the Kaw part....unless I missed that...

JMA-TPX2-FO30D.P FORD CLONE (H84PT) TRANSPONDER
MANUFACTURER   JMA USA
TYPE   Cloneable TPX2
CHIP IDENTIFICATION   TPX2 Clone
PROGRAMS WITH   JMA TRS500 W/TPX
MAKE   Ford

JMA-TPX2-FO15D.P FORD CLONE (H74,H86PT) TRANSPONDER
MANUFACTURER   JMA USA
TYPE   Cloneable TPX2
CHIP IDENTIFICATION   TPX2 Clone
PROGRAMS WITH   JMA TRS500 W/TPX
MAKE   Ford

again, I have no I.D. on the actual key used, during the failed attempt....

that would be good to know....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 07:31:47 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2018, 11:07:02 pm »
further research into the mysterious "FORD" keys shows;
the ILKO keys, use a Texas Inst programmer...
6 keys exist for Ford (which by the way, most of them can be programmed "on board" thru the Ford vehicle.)

http://locksmithstore.com/key-blanks/automotive/transponder.html?manufacturer=1144&tranpsonderkey_make=1655&transponderkey_procedure=185&transponderkey_type=1759

Jet keys has one ford key
JT-H72-PHT-T CLEAR HEAD 8 CUT FORD T'PDR
MANUFACTURER   Jet Keys
TYPE   Program Key
CHIP IDENTIFICATION   4C Texas Encrypted
PROGRAMS WITH   Tool / On Board
MAKE   Ford

SPYder makes 4 chip keys
http://locksmithstore.com/key-blanks/automotive/transponder.html?manufacturer=2951&tranpsonderkey_make=1655

Strattec makes 7 keys

http://locksmithstore.com/key-blanks/automotive/transponder.html?manufacturer=2905&tranpsonderkey_make=1655&transponderkey_type=1759

all above are Texas programs...

so now we narrow it down to the JMA TPX2 blank, and a Texas chip blank... the later of which requires the Texas programmer, which will likely NOT read or program the JMA chip. (I'm thinking the JMA chip, and programmer has been developed to specifically emulate, and directly be used to copy to/from the proprietary Texas chips, which there are quite a few different ones out there).

Offline Jerdurr

• Road Bike
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2018, 03:01:30 pm »
Sorry guys, I was away the whole weekend, we went touring north east ontario, around Perth area, just beautiful! Probably the last overnighter of the season, temps were around 7C, and it was chilly.

The key model I will provide tonight, my apologies for the delay! I'll send pics :)
Best,

JD

--Harley Davidson is king when it comes to turning gas into smoke, without the outcome of power--

Offline Jerdurr

• Road Bike
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2018, 09:46:54 pm »
Guys third time I’m trying to post a f’ing photo fml why is it so complicated!?  >:(
Anyway, the model key is Yama 26D.P2
Best,

JD

--Harley Davidson is king when it comes to turning gas into smoke, without the outcome of power--

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2018, 10:38:29 pm »
Guys third time I’m trying to post a f’ing photo fml why is it so complicated!?  >:(

that's ok.... appears to be a JMA key...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JMA-transponder-key-shell-Yamaha-YAMA-26D-P2-/281687254794

https://www.lockpicks.com/yamaha-motorcycle-chipless.html

https://americankeysupply.com/product/yamaha-cycle-transponder-key-shell-ym63-style-jma-yama-26d-p2

https://www.autotechlocksmith.com/41-motorcycles/2615-yamaha-transponder-key-shell-ym63-tp00yama-26dp2.html

that is the "key SHELL", without a chip, it will accept a TPX2 chip, which is available all over...

Nice to know that key blank does work tho... would be worthwhile to buy a couple, if they can be cut to match the locks as you noted... great news...
But I will say, the C14 keys do have a "left and right" configuration, some locks may be the opposite of that key's 'side slotting', so I'll have to compare it visually, against my key, before I buy any...

thanks  :great: :great: :great: :great:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:42:45 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

Offline Jerdurr

• Road Bike
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2018, 10:55:23 pm »

that's ok.... appears to be a JMA key...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JMA-transponder-key-shell-Yamaha-YAMA-26D-P2-/281687254794

https://www.lockpicks.com/yamaha-motorcycle-chipless.html

https://americankeysupply.com/product/yamaha-cycle-transponder-key-shell-ym63-style-jma-yama-26d-p2

https://www.autotechlocksmith.com/41-motorcycles/2615-yamaha-transponder-key-shell-ym63-tp00yama-26dp2.html

that is the "key SHELL", without a chip, it will accept a TPX2 chip, which is available all over...

Nice to know that key blank does work tho... would be worthwhile to buy a couple, if they can be cut to match the locks as you noted... great news...
But I will say, the C14 keys do have a "left and right" configuration, some locks may be the opposite of that key's 'side slotting', so I'll have to compare it visually, against my key, before I buy any...

thanks  :great: :great: :great: :great:

Anytime MOB!  :beerchug:
Best,

JD

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2018, 11:07:21 pm »
I've added this information to our database, and it all can be seen here, along with the pictorial of left/right key numbers from Kaw...

http://forum.cog-online.org/general-information-57/key-blanks-75052/msg647429/#msg647429

on a side note.... all I can say now, for myself, is DaMMMMIT... >:( >:( >:(

my keys are right handed ones... I'll keep looking...
now, everyone run and find your keys... and report back.... If when looking at the key, the Slotting is on the left side... you are blessed....
if it's on the right side.... cry like I'm doing right now... :'(
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 11:14:16 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2018, 02:45:37 pm »
Rich, luckily,, mine is a left…

I might be missing something (again). I don't think all is lost for ya'll rightee's..
    Can't those (like you) that have a right,,, still use it as a spare passive FOB?
          ie: It doesn't have to fit in the key slot to be a spare passive FOB..

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again, DO IT NOW!!

Offline Syxxphive

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12672
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2018, 05:11:51 pm »
Rich, luckily,, mine is a left…

I might be missing something (again). I don't think all is lost for ya'll rightee's..
    Can't those (like you) that have a right,,, still use it as a spare passive FOB?
          ie: It doesn't have to fit in the key slot to be a spare passive FOB..

Ride safe, Ted
Certainly can be used for the chip in it. Just won’t open any of your locks.

Offline stallhorn

• Tricycle
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2018, 05:15:35 pm »
2018 C14
2011 Versys 650 - sold

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2018, 08:25:09 pm »
Would this be the right side key?

http://www.keyblankdepot.com/product_p/jma3036.htm

woweee.... your link kindA SCARED ME, AS IT WAS A DRAWING, AND SUSPICIOUS, BUT i FOUND A PHOTO...
Hopefully its configuration works, I have to do a quick check..... but it may...
if so, Thank you greatly, as I got tired of searching the other day, without finding a r/h slotted blank...
http://www.keynet.com/jma-kawasaki-transponder-key-shell-kw16-style-tp00kaw-9-p1/
hang tight, I'll check...

I cross referenced locks and keys, from the Ninja models, and as they are all 'chip keys', and none without Chip like the C14 has as 'spares', I can't say for sure... but I'd bet it works as a r/h key...
I'll buy one, and have it in hand shortly, and see if I can get it 'cut' to match mine...., then I'll get chips and clone it... heck, for $2.50 a key, it's worth the price for the blanks alone..

Blade:Standard Ilco:KW16MH
JMA #:TP00KAW-9.P1
Chip:No Transponder
Notes:Transponder Key Shell
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 09:32:05 pm by MAN OF BLUES »